Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 215009 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #330 on: April 10, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I kind of hate that Luke and R2 are in that list. Again.   ::)  Hopefully this is just a repack that I won't mind skipping.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2009, 12:56 PM »
I kind of hate that Luke and R2 are in that list. Again.   ::)  Hopefully this is just a repack that I won't mind skipping.

You know it won't be.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2009, 01:58 PM »

You know it won't be.  :P

Yeah, it'll be Shadow Luke and Shadow R2.   ;D

Seriously though, I think with the exception of the Luke/R2 set, the others sound pretty good.  I'll hold judgement on that one until I see what it is.
I am not the Stig

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2009, 01:26 AM »
I wonder if the Luke/R2 set will be a re-pack of the Luke & R2 Droid Factory 2-pack from 2008.

It wouldn't be a bad way to get that R2 variant out again. That was one of the more popular 2-packs from the Droid Factory exclusives last year in my area.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2009, 08:38 AM »
Looks like GH got their hands on a packaging sample for the new Comic Pack design. The Luke/R2 set does appear to be just a repack and you can see little previews of the Camie/Fixer and Noghri Warrior & Ralrra too.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:39 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Looks like GH got their hands on a packaging sample for the new Comic Pack design. The Luke/R2 set does appear to be just a repack and you can see little previews of the Camie/Fixer and Noghri Warrior & Ralrra too.

There is going to be a Noghri Warrior? SWEET!!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Looks like one of the clones has a shoulder pauldron.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Comic Pack
« Reply #337 on: July 9, 2009, 05:33 PM »

As per the front page, we've got Kyle's new best buddy, the Yuzaahn Vong Warrior dude...  And he's huge.  And ugly.

Head on out to check him out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 9, 2009, 05:42 PM »
I am so excited for this. I love the Vong. It is nice to finally be getting a Hasbro version.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #339 on: July 9, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I wonder if his girthiness will prevent Hasbro from reusing the mold for Vong army building fans?  They're wishy washy about big figures for some reason.  I know I'd like a ton of the new SA Dark Trooper build-a-droid we're getting, and I'm not even an overly big fan of NJO but I'd army build the Vong, especially if they redecoed him or did minor retooling tweaks to a limb or head here and there. 

They're just odd about big figures though...  I like it though, and think it looks incredible. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #340 on: July 9, 2009, 06:37 PM »
I wonder if his girthiness will prevent Hasbro from reusing the mold for Vong army building fans?  They're wishy washy about big figures for some reason.  I know I'd like a ton of the new SA Dark Trooper build-a-droid we're getting, and I'm not even an overly big fan of NJO but I'd army build the Vong, especially if they redecoed him or did minor retooling tweaks to a limb or head here and there. 

They're just odd about big figures though...  I like it though, and think it looks incredible. 

Big H's concern is usually with the footprint such figures would have on a basic card - size of bubble and whether the card stock can support the weight of the figure in the bubble. They use these points to also indicate that this would cause a problem with the case assortment as either a figure or two would have to be removed from the standard box or they would have to use a specially made box just for the waves/revisions that include this particular figure.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36 AM »
Pretty cool figure....pretty close to Dark Trooper size.  I'm not 100% sure where I'll display it, but I have to have the Kyle Katarn...possibly multiples!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Kyle's not looking like a bad figure at all either.  I thought he looked too buff early on, but lately I think he's just right.  The guy in Jedi Knight wasn't a little wimp, and this figure's a pretty spot-on Jedi Knight figure other than the pants color.

I wish he had some firearms from the games...  A fusion cutter, rail gun, bryar pistol with working holster, Imperial Repeater (I'd love to see this weapon done someday), but alas there's not much hope.  Maybe a redecoed Katarn with new accessories someday?  I'd be happy with that.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2009, 11:20 AM »
I don't know why, but the name seems whimpy to me. So every time I see the figure, I'm surprised.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2009, 11:44 AM »
I'll get one or two of these as a novelty. I still have not yet read that series. So I'm not really tied to it. Doesn't really feel like a Star Wars story and the figure seems like it belongs in a different toy line. I'd like to see how Nom Anor is done. He's about the only one I know even a little about from the Vong.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010