Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214038 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #630 on: March 8, 2010, 04:28 PM »
WOW.
This is how slow things have become in the collecting community. This is the problem with product droughts, stuff like this is thought of as being reasonable (no offense meant to schmash). This actually hurts the SKU more by retuning it. Toy companies and retailers track return rates so at the end of the day you end up where you started. As much as I want some new stuff I will save for the glut coming and preorder what I can.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 8, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Not to mention the fact that to me, that's just messing with your toy collecting karma.

For all you know, the store where you return that glut of product may be perfectly clear of glut and there is a local collector who depends on that store to get what they need. Think how you would feel if some jerk at another store 20 miles away was dumping unwanted stock at the store local to you.

If you are worried about possibly finding them, pre-order a case from somewhere like EE. That's what I did - I ordered a case, and that is my guaranteed set for my MOC collection. If I find them in the stores great, then I can have some to open, but if not then at least I have them in my collection MOC/MIP.

If you are an opener only - even better - order the case and let them come. The fact that there are five new sets in the case isn't bad either. Plus, there's the Vong/Katarn set in there too - I would love to have a nice little "squad" of Vong warriors, I've found three of that set in the wild so far (one to keep MOC, two to open) so expanding my Vong ranks to three is appealing.

I'm sure I can find SOMEONE out there who still needs the Krayt/Dare set and snagging the Luke/Lumiya set will allow me to have a Lumiya displayed with both heads. So for me it's a win-win.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2010, 06:40 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 8, 2010, 08:12 PM »
What was up with one of the comic packs AP was talking about in his QnA?  WM found it to be questionable or something?  I didn't quite catch what he was talking about.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #633 on: March 8, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Just in time for this thread's activity...

New pictures of the last wave carded:

Clicky to check it out!

Pretty cool set for the final wave of basic comic packs IMO...  Tholme and T'ra Saa are my favorites, and the Blackhole Trooper's the stinker IMO.  I don't like Marvel quite as much though so that's just me.  I like the 212th Clones and Bogey too.  I'm not a huge Old Republic era guy but I can dig Droma and Kun too for new good figures.

I'm really leaning towards case ordering on these.  I just don't feel like bothering with searching these out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #634 on: March 8, 2010, 09:17 PM »
What was up with one of the comic packs AP was talking about in his QnA?  WM found it to be questionable or something?

A month ago, Hasbro said in the Q&A that Walmart passed on the Plourr Illo & Dllr Nep comic pack due to the comic's subject matter.  Sounds like it will be sold someplace else...

Just when you thought the comic pack situation wasn't going to get any worse than it already is...  it's worse:P

The Wal-Mart Fall '10 Comic Pack exclusive assortment has shrunk to two: Star Wars Tales IG-97 and Rohm Moc, and Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Leader and General Weir. These two will be at retail sometime in February. The X-Wing Rogue Squadron pack with Plourr Illo and Dllr Nep has been pulled from the Wal-Mart packs and will be made available through another retailer or as an additional Convention item. It was pulled not to be an exclusive at the shows, but because of the subject matter. There will also be an exclusive Comic Pack debuting at both Comic Con and Celebration V this year. We have not announced them yet, but these will be revealed at Toy Fair.

As a Rouge Squadron fan, I have to say that sucks big time.  We get the dumbass Weir and yet ANOTHER Shadow Scout, but we have to wait for Plo and Dllr?  FAIL.   >:(

And am I reading it correctly that it was pulled due to the subject matter of the comic?   Friggin' Walmart... ::)  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #635 on: March 8, 2010, 10:34 PM »
I ordered a case of these new sets (I also bought that Rouge set online so I can check that off, glad I did)
I am really looking forward to the Tholme pack the most, I always really liked the character. I am glad they were able to hit the majority of the Jedi from the Clone wars comic there are only some minor characters they missed. I think you will see Quinlan in the CW animation one day.

The rest of the sets are ok. I am actually finding that Blackhole hologram a bit more interesting after seeing the pics.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #636 on: March 8, 2010, 10:47 PM »
I like the thought of Vos making the cartoon, but I gotta say that Lucas seems to feel the comics and basically anything outside the current CW series is useless to him, so I'm not so sure it'll make the crossover, though I think Vos should.  I think Filloni would, but it seems like Lucas has the veto power over that series and exercises it routinely.

I was always let down by his (Vos) figures though.  The comic packs were an initial great value but that steadily was chipped at, and figures that suffered were the Vos figures (especially the last one where packs cost a lot and the figure still lacked any substantial leg articulation, and he really could've used it).

DOn't get me wrong, they're ok, but they just never lived up to the rest of the figures in the series for some reason.  I'd still buy a better articulated Vos in a heartbeat, but as it stands now, I'll likely custom one up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 9, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I don't know if its been discussed, but how different is the blackhole stormtrooper compared to previous Shadow Stormtroopers?
I am not the Stig

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 9, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Lucas seems to feel the comics and basically anything outside the current CW series is useless to him

Awesome, I have something in common with The Maker!  ;D

I have asked this question all over and have never gotten a solid response:

Has anyone READ that comic with the supposedly objectionable material? What's the deal? Profanity and sex are non-existent in the SW universe, and I don't see how the violence aspect could be that objectionable, so I'm dying of curiosity what could be so controversial?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 9, 2010, 10:48 AM »
I read it semi recently, and while I don't recall 100%, I don't think there is anything super objectionable.  If I remember/have time I will look again when I get home.

Honestly though, I think the issue might be the shaved head. 

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 9, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Whoever objects to this comic should take a look at peopleofwalmart.com.  I'd think their own shoppers to be more objectionable.  The way I remember the character from the X-Wing books she was supposed to be disliked.  So they gave her a distasteful background.  Whoop-dee-do.  Wally does pick the weirdest things to take a stand on.
I am not the Stig

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 9, 2010, 01:05 PM »
What was up with one of the comic packs AP was talking about in his QnA?  WM found it to be questionable or something?  I didn't quite catch what he was talking about.

It's going to be a shared online exclusive, Wal-Mart opted not to stock it.  Aaaaand you can order it right about now, if you order it from my place o' business.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #642 on: March 9, 2010, 02:45 PM »
"As an added bonus, Plourr Ilo has a working holster for her blaster!"

Greatest selling point ever! I love the writeup on this! This was a new feature 11 years ago in 1999 with Cantina Han, to tout it now seems to be a stretch since it's almost a standard for figures. The copywriter who typed this up is AWESOME for writing that!

I already own these two worth getting if you like pilots. My only complaints are with Plo. Her helmet is too big for her bald head and her blaster does not fit to well in that nifty holster as advertised. (The gave her the VOTC Luke Blaster instead of the Han one)
« Last Edit: March 9, 2010, 02:46 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 9, 2010, 03:15 PM »
It's going to be a shared online exclusive, Wal-Mart opted not to stock it.  Aaaaand you can order it right about now, if you order it from my place o' business.

Which I just did.  ;D

How come there hasn't been a bit more fanfare? It's not even showing up on your site's home page at the moment...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 9, 2010, 03:36 PM »
"As an added bonus, Plourr Ilo has a working holster for her blaster!"

Greatest selling point ever! I love the writeup on this! This was a new feature 11 years ago in 1999 with Cantina Han, to tout it now seems to be a stretch since it's almost a standard for figures. The copywriter who typed this up is AWESOME for writing that!

Thanks!  This was one of mine.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News