Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214080 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #720 on: March 22, 2010, 08:15 PM »
I got the final 5 comic sets today at Target in Mishawaka Indiana.

I just wanted to note something I saw the Kashyyk comic pack. The head sculpt on mine is not the one pictured on the back of the card for the clone with the removable helmet - the head on mine is the head sculpt from the TAC Galactic Marine. He looks fat and has no neck...    :-\

Runts of the Clone batches perhaps? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #721 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I noticed that too with the set I just picked up that head looks ridiculous on that body.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50 PM »
snapped some quick comparisons pics of the actual figure vs what he looks like on the cardback:

He looks worse in person than the picture is showing...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:51 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #723 on: March 22, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Wow...  thats...

bad.

And believe me, it looks pretty bad in the photos too.  :-\

This wasn't a set I cared about particularly, but that's still a rough looking figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #724 on: March 22, 2010, 11:00 PM »
THE PLANE!!! THE PLANE!!!

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 22, 2010, 11:22 PM »
I picked up the two Clone sets tonight. The Kashyyyyyk set is nice, but nothing special. The trooper's head does look awful, and they should have kept the Faie head with no scratches painted on. However, when the helmet on the figure is pretty solid.

The Routine Valor set is pretty cool for repaints. The clones have new rifles, complete with grappling hooks. This set provides a nice update to the Utapau Trooper and the Lieutenant is a neat "new" figure. I wouldn't mind seeing the Utapau Trooper (assuming all weapons were included) repacked on the new Vintage card. I'd buy quite a few.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 23, 2010, 10:46 AM »
I saw these at Target last night while searching for the new battlepacks (unsuccessfully). Very underwhelming.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 23, 2010, 11:27 AM »
The repainted Troopers a underwhelming, but the Kun/Droma set is what I love about the CP line. To get to add those big name Sith (if you're into EU) to your collection is awesome.

RIP CPs
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #728 on: March 23, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Wow...  thats...

bad.

And believe me, it looks pretty bad in the photos too.  :-\

This wasn't a set I cared about particularly, but that's still a rough looking figure.

I was just looking over some of the 09 SDCC photo coverage and the figure they had on display had the Marine head too (although not pushed down as far). So, I guess this was a cobbled together figure for solicitation photography and the intention was always to go with the Bodie sculpt.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #729 on: March 23, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Looks like the final five comic packs are now in-stock at HasbroToyShop.  Don't forget that Easter20 will save you 20% on your order.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:05 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #730 on: March 23, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Not a bad deal there.  I have my case pre-ordered so I don't think I'm going to change it, but that's not bad at all.

And I agree, I think the Bogey(ie?) squad came out sort of ****** but the other sets are pretty nice to me.  I like the Utapau one a lot, actually, and Tholme set is really quite nice since it covers a couple important characters from the Clone Wars.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2010, 02:21 AM »
I just received the case of comic packs from EE today.  Overall they aren't bad.  I have a feeling my nephew will receive the Bogey Squad and Shadow Stormtrooper as a gift at some point.  Quick little rundown of each figure I did open:

Luke/Lumiya - Wish I could find a second pack to display a second Lumiya with the alternate Head....great figure overall!  The Luke is ok, although his right hand doesn't hold a lightsaber well.  (Really like the Shoto though).

Darth Krayt/Sigel Dare - Both are great figures overall....I like how Krayt has two different colored eyes.  I might have to track down Sharad and A'Sharad Hett figures to display with him.

T'Raa Saa/Master Tholme - Cool additions to my Jedi shelf.  Decent amount of detail as well.

Ulic Qel-Droma/Exar Kun - Great detail on these figures and nice likenesses.  Ulic also has trouble holding his lightsaber right-handed.

Kyle Katarn/Yuzhan Vong - The Vong is HUGE!  Interesting figure with great detail.  I now hate the YVH droid and I'm not sure I want the right leg and left arm I need to finish him (the YVH was supposed to be a robot version of the Yuzhan Vong even with a mechanical version of the amphistaff).  The Kyle Katarn figure is damn near perfect...if only the ankles were articulated!

Clone Trooper/Clone Lieutenant - Nice clones to flank Obi-Wan somewhere in my collection.  I really need to track down a Commander Cody now!  My only gripe is the Lt did not come with holsters for his pistols.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Even though I have a case on it's way from EE, I still needed openers for the collection and with the Easter20 code, this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I ordered one of each to open plus army builder extras of the two clone sets. With the code and after shipping and tax, the sets came to $12.60 each, so that's definitely not a bad thing.

Considering I'm really sick with bronchitis and pneumonia at the moment, this was a much more pleasant alternative than trying to go out and track them down...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 24, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Ok - so I got the Rebel Pilots set that was dropped by WalMart due to objectionable content.

I've read through the entire comic twice and I can't find anything that would be so objectionable as to reneg on a business contract like WM did to Hasbro.

Can someone who has read the comic as well please explain it to me why this comic even needed to come with the warning sticker?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #734 on: March 25, 2010, 02:42 AM »
I got my Dllr/Plour set as well today...

I like both figures a lot for a couple reasons...

-Dllr it was cool to see Hasbro make sure and use a smaller sculpt available to make a Sullustan.  They didn't on the B-Wing Sullustans and that hurt those figures to me, but on Dllr they used a VTSC Luke Pilot body (even the peg hole for his saber) and it makes a nice smaller figure, so I appreciated that.

I've not had access to another Sullustan to try his helmet on them but I'm betting it fits.

-Plour is cool but her helmet's another figure's I'm guessing, as it's loose-fitting on the figure's head.  Definitely not made for a Sinead O'Connor wannabe.  She uses the basic female X-Winger body (I'd dig seeing a female B and A-Winger someday), but what I thought was cool on her is Hasbro went to the effort of making sure her mellon is a different shade to her face's skintone, thus implying shaved hair there...  I like it.  It's a little thing, but the kind of little thing that shows some effort...  especially on a female figure where the skintones being the same may make her look a tad more manly.  Basically her face has softer features and contrasts with the shaved head.  Pretty neat.

Two Han blasters included...  My Dllr can't hold his (his right hand's open too far for some reason).

Waiting now on my comic case and final Legacy BAD wave case then.