Author Topic: COMIC-CON 2008  (Read 5318 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
COMIC-CON 2008
« on: July 7, 2008, 12:36 AM »
I know, I know...it's still a few weeks away, but what do we expect to see?  And....should we start gettting our questions together for the Hasbro Q&A?

I hope to see the next few waves of Legacy (I'm hoping the ANH wave is done), Clone Wars, and Indy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: COMIC-CON 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 7, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Probably goes without saying that we expect to finally see who's in the EE Mystery pack. That said, the only other items I expect (and care) to see are maybe the next two waves of Legacy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 7, 2008, 11:45 AM »
ICMG?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 7, 2008, 12:03 PM »
I hope we see the next few waves of Legacy as well (particularly the ANH wave, and the rumored Grievous - or maybe Palps).  Otherwise, we should maybe get a peek into 2009 - it seems like Hasbro usually shows a couple of figures for the next year (at least in the presentation), but we'll see.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Toht and white dress Marion. Everything else is gravy.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I'm very interested in seeing what the IJ line holds, including the figures rumoured to be coming with the tank.  I'm still uncomfortable with the probable lifespan of this line.  Too much cluttering the shelves right now as it really didn't seem to grab the toy buyers imagination. 

I'd love to see an ICMG prototype (and think they should bloody well hand deliver it to Scott after the show) and Yarna prototype. 

Otherwise my interest is dwindling quite a bit for the 3.75" stuff. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2008, 05:17 PM »
I wonder if there will be anything new for Joe 25th shown. It seems they may have blew their load at Joecon for new offerings being shown. I hope the re-released classic Hall of Heroes Flint has the Tiger Force arms. I need that figure to go with the new DVD Lady Jaye.

I would not mind some new Indy stuff, I have been really finding their parts useful for SW customs. Not sure how much life this line has after the Skull DVD hits.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: July 8, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I'm very interested in seeing what the IJ line holds, including the figures rumoured to be coming with the tank. 

Huh?  The Tank is in Rumor stage?  Since when?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2008, 07:57 PM »
I'm very interested in seeing what the IJ line holds, including the figures rumoured to be coming with the tank. 

Huh?  The Tank is in Rumor stage?  Since when?

From the vehicles thread in the Indy boards...

Hmm, according to the RS boards, there is a listing in the TRU computers for a "tank w/ 3 figures".

Hi - I heard today that the following listing is appearing on the TRU computer in the UK:

Indiana Jones R12IJ Tank w/3 Figures Global Exclusive 2008 £29.99

and the following number may be connected with it:

and finally, the dates between which this product is due to arrive at TRU's in the UK:

17th August - 11th September or October 2008

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 9, 2008, 12:51 PM »
I am pretty juiced about what they will show for IJ to.  I assume they will reveal everything Clone Wars related and mainly focus on that stuff.  I want to hear what they reveal in case they have any movie crossover products to confirm like maybe a Turbo Tank for next year?  I am not expecting that but just hoping.   Of course hopefully we will get some OT/PT stuff shownor confirmed for next year like ICMG. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 9, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I need help please. I'm not going to the con. However there is an exclusive I'd like to get. It's the Halo two-pack of the "Hellspartan/CQB active camo" set. I'd be willing to pay up front for this and in fact I think it needs to be paid in advance and then you just go up to their table and pick it up (with a printout of the order and your id). All this would require is a free sign-up to the Spawn (McFarlane) website, then you order it then you pick it up at SDCC. No muss no fuss.

Again, I'll pay in advance for this, so there's NO cost to you. In fact I'll chip in a little extra for your effort.

Anyone who can help me with this, please PM me. I'd REALLY appreciate this and would owe you for helping.

Respectfully,
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 12:37 AM »
I have to admit, I'm really liking the few surprises we've seen so far (GH Skiff, Target Carkoon UBP, Wave 3/4). 

I hope they have even more to add after the Q&A/Panel on Friday! :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 04:19 PM »
The UBP's my big surprise I'm excited about...  Beyond that I am ok with not having to buy a ton of stuff, and I'm slightly disappointed to see cost-cutting is apparantly going to hit Battlepacks with cutbacks in the number of figures you get.  That to me is really a let down as value was at times the only reason to buy a battlepack.

Love the Legacy figures...  I think the quality is spot-on like the last couple years.  Grievous may be my most wanted/desired figure right now...

I'm curious what the inevitable Hasbro Slideshow will unveil...  Hoth Wave?  Surprises we didn't know about yet?  Can't wait to see any of it right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with everything we've seen so far too.  Its going to (continue to) be an expensive year.  Like you guys, the Target Sarlacc UBP was the biggest surprise to me.  It looks great, and I can't wait to pick it up.  Its neat to see the Galactic Heroes line continue to expand into new areas (Skiff/vehicles), and the basic Legacy line continues to look great.  I'm hoping we see a little more too, especially as far as the basic line goes, like the ANH (Wave 5), and a peek into 2009 (Wave 6 - ESB?).  I'm also sort of hoping in their presentation they touch on more stuff for next year, like the rumored vintage/non-vintage line - whether it is happening or not.  There's definitely a lot to look forward to though - and too much money to be spent this year.

Just doing some quick calculating for the year, and yikes is it a pricey year end once again this year.  Just the basic sized Star Wars stuff alone has between $1,000 and $1,500 worth of stuff coming out in the last five months of the year.  I'm glad I'm not a completist, but I'm interested in the majority of the stuff on the way unfortunately, so its going to be spendy.  As excited as I am for all the great stuff on the way, they could slow the pace down anytime soon ;).  Or...just spread it out throughout the year instead of the last five months.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:45 PM by Brian »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 11:40 AM »
so where/when is the the "new" stuff the only real new is the UBP, DE & Quin comic packs, Faie's helmet is removable, and a bunch of bad repacked BP's?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge