Author Topic: The Apple iPhone Thread  (Read 6690 times)

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
The Apple iPhone Thread
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Tried to get one this morning and the line was too darn long.  Anyone do the same?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:41 AM by JediMoses »

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Apple iPhone Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:41 AM »
I iwll be trying a little later.  Also, anyone have one already?

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:17 PM »
I finally was able to place an order for a 16G one.  It should be here next week.

So excited.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:26 PM »
I think all Apple products suck and always have, not to mention their nauseating advertisements.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:26 PM by Chris »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:37 AM »
I switched over to AT&T a few months back in anticipation of this.  I'm buying, but probably not for a few more months.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 02:31 AM »
I have an iPod and a Cell phone.  No real need to combine the two since I really only need my iPod to play music and my cell phone for text messages and making calls.

Neat little gadgets though...if they were available on Verizon I might consider it down the road...I'm currently happy with my enV.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:02 AM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:02 AM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 12:46 PM »
I have an iPod and a Cell phone.  No real need to combine the two since I really only need my iPod to play music and my cell phone for text messages and making calls.

I don't even really plan on using the iPhone for my music, I want it for the Internet capabilities.  They're super handy when you need to look something or some location up when you're out and about.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Is it still unable to send a picture text?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I think all Apple products suck and always have, not to mention their nauseating advertisements.

Thanks for the thread crap.  I know that there are lots of people who thin Apple products are overrated.  My experience has not not borne that out.  I bought an iMac over 6 years ago and it still works well for what I want and need.  In the same time, I have been through three Dells for work, with them never functioning as well as my iMac. 

So, I was hoping this thread could be for JD members who have an iPhone, want an iPhone or are interested in it.  If I wanted to debate Apple vs. ???, I would have created that thread instead. 

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Im getting an Instinct from Sprint. Same concept with better execution, IMO

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 06:42 PM »

Thanks for the thread crap.  I know that there are lots of people who thin Apple products are overrated.  My experience has not not borne that out.  I bought an iMac over 6 years ago and it still works well for what I want and need.  In the same time, I have been through three Dells for work, with them never functioning as well as my iMac. 

So, I was hoping this thread could be for JD members who have an iPhone, want an iPhone or are interested in it.  If I wanted to debate Apple vs. ???, I would have created that thread instead. 

Sorry I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to voice criticisms. Next time, I'll make sure I check the forum rules that I created before posting.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:01 PM »

Sorry I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to voice criticisms. Next time, I'll make sure I check the forum rules that I created before posting.

Criticism is fine but that usually means that there is a specific point that is being made.  I just didn't see the point in dumping in a thread with a grand pronouncement that all Apple products suck.  In a community like this, people start conversations and they evolve.  Everyone's got an opinion and free to share them, obviously.

Again, I was interested if any JDers were getting the iPhone and sharing in that.  But I'll be careful of whom I criticize in the future.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 09:17 PM »

Criticism is fine but that usually means that there is a specific point that is being made.  I just didn't see the point in dumping in a thread with a grand pronouncement that all Apple products suck.  In a community like this, people start conversations and they evolve.  Everyone's got an opinion and free to share them, obviously.

Again, I was interested if any JDers were getting the iPhone and sharing in that.  But I'll be careful of whom I criticize in the future.

That's just the point, you don't have to be careful of who or what you criticize here.

I think Apple products are oversensationalized. They always claim how much better they work but many times it is because those same people don't know how to use a Windows PC properly. I will say that their laptop hardware is often more sturdy than that of say, a Dell. But past graphic design work, they really have no place but to be trendy. There are many other solutions to the new iPhone that provide internet, calendaring, etc at a lower cost. Keep in mind too, I'm not a Microsoft fanboy. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Vista and a lot of the absolute **** Microsoft is pumping out these days.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Basically, Chris is just a hater!   :P

I love my iPod...just don't need it also be my phone.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!