Author Topic: McDonald's Clone Wars Happy Meal Toys  (Read 18485 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: McDonalds Clone Wars toys
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Well naturally.  ;)

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 02:37 AM »
I like the Chewbacca one.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking if I get one of these it'll probably be Chewie's head popping out of the AT-ST. That one's pretty cool.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline freebentophil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Free Bento
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 01:42 PM »
WOW!

These are stunningly awful. 

I wonder if you could pop off the heads and just have the vehicles???

Phil Bailey
www.freebento.com
Japanese & Designer Toys

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 06:16 PM »
These toys are not next in line at mcdonalds for distribution. I was talking to my manager and apperently we are getting spy gear toys next. So I can see these coming maybe after that...unless the states has a different line up then canada.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Happy Meal Toys
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 08:49 PM »
I can't decide if these are just really really bad or if they are the worst happy meal premiums ever.  Pass.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 08:52 PM »
I can't decide if these are just really really bad or if they are the worst happy meal premiums ever.  Pass.

They are not the worst. Trust me. The pirates stuff was horrible (dead mans chest) the micky d I worked at still had a box, no other stores would take it and no kids wanted it. We tried to give it away at a birthday party and the next week we found the majority of the kids brought them back to trade for other toys lol. Besides these seem to have a lot more detail then most of the toys we used to get.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 08:54 PM »
You are, of couse, entitled to your own wrong opinion.   ;)

worst happy meal premiums ever.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 11:13 PM »

If you were a two year old, they would be AWESOME.  In my small focus group of 2-year olds this weekend (n=3), 100% of those in the group loved them.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I haven't actually seen these in person, but from the pictures I've seen I like them. And off of what Jeff was saying, as crazy as it sounds, I think Happy Meals are meant for little children and not 30+ year olds.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 12:31 PM »
They are goofy enough to match up well with my collection of Taco Bell and Burger King ones.  Yeah, they are for kids

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 12:34 PM »
i went out to 2 diffrent ones tbe other day and both only had #1 and #2 anakin and vader. I might not get them all, but i want grievous, asoka, rex, and ventress.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:48 AM by Jeff »

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 12:50 PM »
They have something called a customer satsifaction case.  It has multiples of all 18.  The first McDonald's I went to was very accommodating.  The manager went back, grabbed the case, and pulled all 18 toys for me - 15 minutes of work for her that she did not have to do.  I was able to buy all of them a la carte.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 02:13 PM »
They have something called a customer satsifaction case.  It has multiples of all 18.  The first McDonald's I went to was very accommodating.  The manager went back, grabbed the case, and pulled all 18 toys for me - 15 minutes of work for her that she did not have to do.  I was able to buy all of them a la carte.

No they dont...Its called on the days we do brower(restock) we get all the toys seperated in their own case. usually 2/3 different types in a box. So that BS of we only have so and so is a lie. They are all in the back room however we do usually have strict rules about which are allowed to open but if a customer insists we simply go to the back with manager permision and take a knife to each box to make a big enough hole to grab 1 of each toy. We may have had those cases way back when but no longer. Each box just has a nubmer on them in which we have to follow order.

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 12:04 AM »
got 5 and 6 today. padme, and stormtrooper. looks like they are almost going a diffrent 2 every day  :o

The stormtrooper is quite cool. wind up walker looks pretty cool when it goes :)