Author Topic: The Stargate Thread  (Read 16776 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Stargate Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27 AM »
'Tis a great line, and delivered much more convincingly than Richard Dean Anderson, not to knock RDA.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #76 on: April 8, 2010, 01:43 AM »
In case you didn't notice, Universe is back on.  I'm still watching, but I'm not nearly as excited about this show as the others.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 8, 2010, 02:30 AM »
I watched it Friday and it was okay.  New aliens to learn about, I guess.  I thought the outcome was pretty obvious, how they wrapped up last season's cliffhanger.  It was almost a cop-out IMO but, whatever.

It's still better than most other stuff on Friday night, except Clone Wars, now that Numb3rs is over and Warehouse 13 hasn't started back up with new eps yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Anyone else watch how they ended SG:U?  I can't believe Sci Fi isn't keeping the show going.

The only thing I'll watch on there now is Eureka.   :-[
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2011, 11:15 PM »
I gave up after three episodes of that show. I didn't like it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2011, 11:34 PM »
Anyone else watch how they ended SG:U?  I can't believe Sci Fi isn't keeping the show going.

The only thing I'll watch on there now is Eureka.   :-[

Universe had much improved, if still often annoyingly cliched. Like putting the women in jeopardy: nurse TJ has Lou Gerig's disease, Chloe becoming an alien, Park going blind. And the disposable character who panics during a crisis just to make a regular cast member look better for their response to them.

There was too much use of the stone to go back to Earth in season 1, when more should've happened with Destiny.

Still, it was engaging. Some people who wanted the cheeky, hokey stuff from SG-1 and Atlantis...but why retread that material in a post LOST/NuBSG era? 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 12:55 AM »
I thought the ending was interesting.  I can't say that I liked all of what they did but I liked how Eli finally stepped up.  He was definitely smarter than Rush, he just wasn't as devious, so it was interesting to see him go to Young about the last stasis pod.

I wasn't happy to see Atlantis go and I'm not happy to see Universe go either.  Sort of like the end of the Star Trek run, this'll be the first time in 14 years there isn't a Stargate show on to watch and TV in general, and Syfy in particular, is worse off for it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"