Author Topic: The Stargate Thread  (Read 16769 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
The Stargate Thread
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to the new Season of Atlantis tonight.  Also, it's been kind of fun revisiting all the episodes of SG-1 with my wife.  I got her into Atlantis, and now that we have some time, we've been watching all my SG-1 DVDs.

Just to add a little geeky trivia, we can see Cheyenne Mountain from our deck.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Stargate Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:10 PM »
I can't believe we didn't have a thread for this already... I'm definitely looking forward to the premire tonight. I unfortunatly didn't have time to go through season 4 on DVD this week like I normally try and do before a premire so I'll probably end up watching the last episode or two again tonight as a refresher. It should be interesting to see Woolsey on as a full time cast member this year. I really enjoy disliking his character, so it'll be interesting to see what his dynamic with the cast will look like over the course of a full season, rahter than just a few episodes here and there.

And further adding to the geeky trivia, I was just at the base of Cheyenne Mountain the other day. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 01:26 AM »
No kidding...I searched for a thread and there was nothing!

I can't believe that Col Carter was replaced like that!  Then I went on Geteworld and learned of her new show.  Curious, but I don't know how good that one's going to be.  I think Woolsey is a moron and can see Ronin shooting him at some point in the series!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 12:50 PM »
Sci Fi exclusive clip of Continuum

This looks pretty damn good!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:32 PM »
No kidding...I searched for a thread and there was nothing!

I can't believe that Col Carter was replaced like that!  Then I went on Geteworld and learned of her new show.  Curious, but I don't know how good that one's going to be.  I think Woolsey is a moron and can see Ronin shooting him at some point in the series!

Yeah it was originally going to be completly an online exclusive show sometime last year. They made a few episodes and I guess Sci-Fi ended up picking it up. I saw the first one... it was ok, but to be honest I wasn't really terribly interested in it.

It has always bugged me when they change the openning credits like they did this week. I already knew Tapping was leaving, I accidentally got spoiled on that awhile ago, but it really does kill the suprise. If they would have just used a different version for that episode it would have help to preserve the suprise. They often seem to do the same thing when someone who should be a round anymore supposedly comes back from the dead. As soon as you see the actors name appear in the opening credits the suprise is dead. They should just list those actors at the end of the episode.
"This is the way."

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:38 AM »
I taped the episode and actually did a rewind to view the credits when I saw Picardo's face at the end.  I agree that they shouldn't spoil things like that...just reuse the old credits until episode two.

I haven't heard anything about the Col. Carter show, is it another spin off?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I haven't heard anything about the Col. Carter show, is it another spin off?

Amanda's new show is called Sanctuary. She plays a monster hunter (Helen) seeking out her former lover (and father of Helen's daughter Ashlee) John (Played by Christopher Heyerdahl) who can teleport, but when he teleports is changes his DNA. John ultimately becomes Jack the Ripper, but time travels to fulfil his bloodlust.

Other people on the shows...
Christopher Heyerdahl - Known better as Todd the Wraith and Halling (Athosian friend of Teyla)
David Hewlett - Rodney Mckay
Ryan Robbins - Ladon Radim (Leader of the Genii)
Chuck Campbell - Chuck the Technician on Atlantis
Peter DeLuise - Stargate Writter/Director
Paul McGillion - Carson Beckett
Leah Cairns - Lieutenant Margaret "Racetrack" Edmondson from Battlestar Galactica
Kavan Smith - Major Lorne

From what I understand episodes will start airing starting the week after the mid-season finale for Atlantis.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 07:43 AM »
Wow, a whole lot of SG alumni on the show.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Wow, a whole lot of SG alumni on the show.

What better way to get the show over. Of course it makes it hard for people to see her in a roll different than Stargate SG-1/Atlantis when the show is loaded with her Co-Stars from those shows.

It has a lot of on-line buzz, so I hope it is good to see on TV.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 05:31 PM »
A bit of a late update since The Dark Knight dominated the weekend.

This week's Atlantis was pretty good.  Interesting to see how hive ships are made, and Wolsey was pretty good with the no speech when taking command and then breaking the rules by the end of the show.  It will be interesting to see how he develops as the head of the Atlantis Expedition.

My wife's SG-1 orientation has now entered Season five and it's fun because she keeps relating what she sees to Atlantis ("So that Orlun guy is an Ancient right?") and it's been fun for me to watch episodes I have not seen in a while.

Also, really looking forward to Continuum's release next week!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I think this season has started out weak considering how last season ended. It is cool to see how the ships are made. I think it would have been cool to actually see someone go through the entire process and a ship being made. Up side is that now that they know how they are made they can construct something (Virus, nanite, whatever) to destroy the ship.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 12:00 AM »
I'm not worried about the pace of the season so far since we've only had two episodes and a major leadership change.  I can see them taking a bit of time to amp things up.  Although Woolsey is interested in closing the book on Michael...I'm sure he'll be seen again and there is the potential for some replicators, etc.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 12:27 PM »
I'm not worried about the pace of the season so far since we've only had two episodes and a major leadership change.  I can see them taking a bit of time to amp things up.  Although Woolsey is interested in closing the book on Michael...I'm sure he'll be seen again and there is the potential for some replicators, etc.

Michael will be involved 2 times this season. We've seen one and the missing Jumper will come into play later this season towards the end. I won't say more so I don't give too much of it away.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 02:02 AM »
Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free...granted you didn't give away anything big, but still...I try not to read ahead.   :D

This weeks episode was preatty good, although I thought the Wraith could not feed on Ronin, that's why he was a runner.  Just something a bit confusing to me for a bit...still a great episode.

Also, just a few days until Continuum!  I'm looking forward to watching it Tuesday night (sometime before or after the premier of Eureka).  I'll have to watch it alone since the SG-1 appreciation marathon at our house is only halfway through Season Five! 

Best. Clip. Ever.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 07:06 PM »
This weeks episode was preatty good, although I thought the Wraith could not feed on Ronin, that's why he was a runner.  Just something a bit confusing to me for a bit...still a great episode.

I was wondering the eact same thing... Perhaps they forgot about that? At the start of the episode I go all excited because I thought they were going to finally explain why they couldn't feed on him. I'm pretty disappointed they didn't go down that road actually.

I'm pretty excited for Continuum. It sure will be good to see O'Neill back again. I still really enjoyed the last two seasons of the show, and liked Mitchell, Landry, and Vala but the show was never quite the same without him.
"This is the way."