Author Topic: The Stargate Thread  (Read 16777 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: The Stargate Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free...granted you didn't give away anything big, but still...I try not to read ahead.   :D

Sorry.

This weeks episode was preatty good, although I thought the Wraith could not feed on Ronin, that's why he was a runner.  Just something a bit confusing to me for a bit...still a great episode.

They could have fed on him, but due to his strength turned him into a runner. Technically the Wraith never fed on him, just drained and then put it back to introduce the enzyme necessary to make him obedient to them.

This episode was definately better then the previous 2, but still isn't that strong of a start to the season. I like what they are doing with Woolsey. I especially liked the walls in the confrence room not letting him out. They are showing him as being very different than Weir and Carter, especially with how he can't relate to the rest of the team.

They just need to put TODD back on the show more. He is great!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:26 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 12:38 AM »
No worries dude...it's not like you leaked anything big.

My point earlier was that the first time we see anything of Ronin's backstory and about him being a runner it appeared he was immune to the wraith feeding process.  I thought it would be a neat sideplot down the road, but it's now gone.

On another note, I picked up Continuum on Tuesday and watched it today.  This movie is dipped in liquid awesome!    ;D

And we are now starting Season Six in the SG-1 catch-up episodes.  My wife says Rodney everytime she sees David Hewlett's name in the opening credits.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Season 6 is not my favorite mostly because I am not a fan of Jonnus.

They are good at glossing over story plots that we want to see finished later on.

4 Races - Ancient, Assguards, Nox, & Ferlings (Never saw Ferlings)
Carter/O'Neill Romance - Nothing has been done about it since Anderson left after season 8 other than the 200th Episode

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 07:35 PM »
They also covered the Furlings in the 200th episode.....kinda.   ;D

I kind of like Season Six overall...there are some good episodes dealing with Anubis as well as Daniel as an ascended being.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2008, 10:51 AM »
They also covered the Furlings in the 200th episode.....kinda.   ;D

I kind of like Season Six overall...there are some good episodes dealing with Anubis as well as Daniel as an ascended being.

I liked the final battle season in 7 with Anubis more. But they did a good job in 6 of the build up to the final battle.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 7, 2008, 02:48 AM »
Wow...been a while since we updated this thread.  Some good episodes of Atlantis...especially last night's.  I always liked the Carson Beckett character and so does my Wife.  Michael's experiment gone awry was really creepy!

ON the SG-1 update front.  We're almost done with the Season Eight recap and my wife has been pointing out a lot of things that relate to Atlantis...although I had to remind her about where she first saw the time machine .

If you have time...watch the episode entitled "Threads" where Daniel is in the "ascention diner" and pause it to read the newspaper.  They made up all kinds of articles and they are hilarious!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #21 on: September 7, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Was the ascention dinner the same set they used for the waffle house that the reapers would meet up at in Dead Like Me?

...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Well this sucks!

At least they plan on doing some movies like SG-1.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Was the ascention dinner the same set they used for the waffle house that the reapers would meet up at in Dead Like Me?

It appears so.

Well this sucks!

At least they plan on doing some movies like SG-1.

Yes it does.

I thought that the 9/19 episodes was great. I was glad that they finally did something about the season 4 Ronan/Keller romance. Especially Ronan vs. McKay for Kellers heart (Jock vs. Geek). I hope McKay gets her.

I just han't realized that they were at the mid-season break already. I knew that the Daniel Jackson was a 2 parter and the mid-season break, but it came so quickly. Sactuary take the place of Atlantis starting 10/3, get to see Amanda Tapping as a Brunette. Best part is that it is a Stargate Alumni heavy show.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 01:42 AM »
That last episode was awesome!  Great to see Daniel Jackson on Atlantis and all the stuff in the secret lab could lead to some interesting future stories.

I'm curious who the suited "aliens" are...and I'm glad I only have to wait two weeks to find out!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 09:15 AM »
That last episode was awesome!  Great to see Daniel Jackson on Atlantis and all the stuff in the secret lab could lead to some interesting future stories.

I'm curious who the suited "aliens" are...and I'm glad I only have to wait two weeks to find out!   ;D

I suspect that the suited aliens are the same aliens that they ran into in the Deadalus timeline jumping episode earlier this year. They too blew up and were really hard to kill.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Well ****. I so did not see that reveal coming...

Really good episode tonight. I'm glad we didn't have to wait months to see it. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33 AM »
Holy ******* ****!

My wife and I are only about halfway through Season 10 in SG-1 so she did not know why I was as shocked as I was.

I'm glad they didn't give too much away about it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I was pretty surprised as well.  When Rodney actually said, "I did not see that coming," I was already there.  This show still has some good stuff going on with it and I'm now kind of ticked that it's going to be cancelled and we'll have to wait for movies.  The coherence of a weekly show is much better for a series like this than a bunch of films.  You can recover from a bad episode, but a bad film can do in the whole thing much more easily.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 01:46 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird