Author Topic: More K-Mart Exclusive Saga Tin Sets  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
More K-Mart Exclusive Saga Tin Sets
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:06 PM »
According to the 2008 Release Guide, we can expect three more over-priced tins at K-Mart in October...

K-Mart Exclusive Saga Tins:
  Episode III
  Episode IV
  Episode V

I really hope they are filled with repacks like the last batch of K-Mart tins so that I can happily skip them again.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: More K-Mart Exclusive Saga Tin Sets
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Ha! That reminds me of a time when K-Mart had a buy 2 tins get 1 free deal. I had gone in 2 days in a row for the buy 2 get 1 free, and each time they tried to weasel out of it saying "We don't deal with the website stuff", finally after talking to a manager, he let me have them, but tried to keep the circular that i had showing the sale. The second time, i had the same checker and she still gave me a hard time. While she was talking to the manager, a woman behind me asked why i had so much Star Wars stuff in my cart, so i told her about the sale, and she asked if she could have my circular with the ad in it so i gave it to her in front of the manager and the checker, Boy were they ever upset... i waited to see if they gave the woman behind me any trouble. I stood watching as they rang her stuff up and the checker looked in my direction to eye @#$% me, i just smiled and the woman behind me thanked me for giving her both the scoop on the sale and the circular. That was good fun!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:54 PM »
... there are places that still have K-Marts?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 02:17 AM »
You have to be kidding...  3 more of these?  My KM still has a pile of these...  Hell there might be some of the original ones around yet. 

And yes, KM is still a "big" (using the term loosely) in some areas.  Around Pittsburgh there's many KM's left...  In fact it's the only store near my home actually other than grocery stores.  Nearest WM is 20-25 minutes away, and same goes for the nearest Target.  KM's still anchored in some areas that don't have another choice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57 AM »
You have to be kidding...  3 more of these?  My KM still has a pile of these...  Hell there might be some of the original ones around yet. 

Same with my local KM, they still have some of the sets collecting dust along with Titainium figures. I have always been baffled with KM toy aisle. I am sure these are just repacks I cannot see KM getting anything they can move volume with to justify real exclusives. Who knows maybe we will be surprised. Since I am passing on the animated line I would not mind more mainline movie stuff.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 09:00 AM »
Worse yet, for some reason it sounds like these might be in 30AV packaging. Oh well, I'm hoping they'll be complete re-packs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 09:45 AM »
My kmart (sears essentials) is still trying to get rid of the only figure they have: a sega prego Padme at full inflated price! They don't believe in stocking their shelves. I guess because no one is ever in that store. The employees always outnumber the customers three to one.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 10:18 AM »
The employees always outnumber the customers three to one.

You are so on.
How do they even stay in business. That's a mystery like Wicker Furniture stores.......no one is ever in those places.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Hopefully these will just be repacks of last years repacks.  Kmart always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to exclusives with the exception of those extremely over-priced BPs a couple years back.

And yes, KM is still a "big" (using the term loosely) in some areas.  Around Pittsburgh there's many KM's left...  In fact it's the only store near my home actually other than grocery stores.  Nearest WM is 20-25 minutes away, and same goes for the nearest Target.  KM's still anchored in some areas that don't have another choice.

Wow.  We (obviously) have Targets almost 5-10 minutes apart from each other.  WM's are almost about the same as they like to park next door to most bullseyes.  Kmarts are a bit more sparse out here, but suprisingly none have closed which I don't understand as there's never anybody in there the few times I stop to look for freak toys which shouldn't be out, but their prices are just insane.  Plain and simple.  I remember that Kmart was the spot to be at back in the 80's before Targets & WM's started taking over.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Yeah, I fondly remember buying a vintage X-Wing with damage stickers from a K-Mart in the early 80s!  About the tin sets, if only they'd price them at a reasonable level.  Like maybe $18-20.  I like the tins for display or storage, and you can get a few cool figs in there if the right ones are chosen.  Sorta like the old Sears multi-packs from the vintage days.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 07:01 PM »
My kmart (sears essentials) is still trying to get rid of the only figure they have: a sega prego Padme at full inflated price! They don't believe in stocking their shelves. I guess because no one is ever in that store. The employees always outnumber the customers three to one.

Ha! Sounds like K-Mart to me! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:05 PM »
I cannot speak for all Sears/KM stores, but we got a Sears Grand shortly after their "merger" thing went on, and their figures are actually normal priced...  Unlike KM who has had $7.99 and $8.99 figures for eons.  The larger items sometimes are a bit pricey at Sears Grand though, like the tin sets and things.

And they too, have lots of the Tin sets hanging around.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: K-Mart Tins
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 10:49 AM »
FYI- Pics of the Tins are up at Yakface. You only get 1 full shot of one of the sets the other 2 only get partial glimpses of what's in them. The packs in are good so far despite the repeats. Time will tell if there are repaints in there.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Pics of the new tins are up at Scum.  Easy pass.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Better than last time, but still probably a pass.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!