Author Topic: Not a Lot at Target?  (Read 6397 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Not a Lot at Target?
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:23 AM »
I was scanning through Target's system tonight and besides Legacy figures, Clone Wars figures, and Falcons...  I didn't find a lot.

No Evolutions sets, I didn't find any Clone Wars $20 vehicles, and I didn't find any AT-TE's...

This is a little disconcerting to me, as I've had a $60-ish giftcard and $10 off $100 coupon waiting around for the toy release day at Target, so this is frustrating if Target isn't going to have much of what I planned on buying.  ::)

Anyone else who peruse the Target computers noticed this trend with their stores?  I've not heard many people finding a lot at Target, mostly WM.  I've not heard any of the above being found at Target at all though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Not a Lot at Target?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:56 AM »
My Targets are resetting and the reset has space for all those things. One would hope they get the product in. Who knows what'll happen in the next week?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Jesse, the Target by Century III mall doesn't have much space either. Barely more than what they had before. They've just moved it closer to the main aisle. But other than that, it looks like Targets in our general area are not going to be overflowing with product.

Just as well for me. I'm spending at least $500 at TRU with a contingency for $350 more, either there or spread out amongst them, WM and Target.

Jesse, this is specifically for you, if you plan on buying a lot of stuff anyway, why not get gift cards at Giant eagle for TRU? You'll save 10 cents of PER GALLON of gas for every $50 spent there. This goes towards gift cards as well. As an example, I bought $500 in gift cards so that's a $1 per gallon savings for me. (Though I actually bought these at the Altoona Giant Eagle and they were having a 20 cents off promotion-so I got $2 off per gallon).

My other $350 in cash will be ready to be spent at TRU if I find that much stuff. If so, my fiancee will drive to the Giant Eagle up the hill and buy more gift cards with that money to save more on gas.

So far we're up to $2.34 per gallon off.

It's one way to make your money work for you. Just a thought.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Jesse, I actually found the opposite, for the exception of the Falcon they had room for everything. I picked up:

AT_TE (Box is not as big as I thought it was going to be)
V-Torrent Starfighter
Homing Spider Droid
The Fett Evo correction
Ten Numb Evo set x2
Animated Clone Trooper 1st Day issue
Saga2 Death Star Gunner in a very crusty package for $3.32! - The Best part of the trip!
$235.13 Total

I would not worry about Target's section at all.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 06:00 PM »
None of the Targets in my area have anything in stock yet according to their system. NO legeacy, no clone wars, no Fox...Nothing
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Hmmm, I hope that just means Targets in my AO are getting stuff in gradually yet.  Thanks guys...

When I checked the system, they have stuff, but like I listed there is a lot they don't have too, so I'm a little concerned on that as I had planned to buy my AT-TE at Target at least, if not other items.  And if I couldn't get that there, I had hoped then to replace it with Evolutions sets, or whatnot.  Problem I have is that my $10 off $100 coupon expires in August fairly early, and I'm not buying a "lot" of stuff...  I'm sticking to a pretty meager list of realistic stuff and so far my nearest Target doesn't have 80% of it in-stock.  :(

That's a little disconcerting to me is all.  Honestly if I find an At-TE, I'm covered...  Just trying to save where I can on this shindig, basically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:21 PM »
I was at my local Target this afternoon and they were set up (without having anything out yet.) Tags were in place for figures, ships, battle packs, evolutions, and the at-te...

...but not the falcon...

hopefully it winds up on its own endcap display. I have a giftcard I want to use toward the purchase as well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Two of my Targets got in a mother load yesterday, so product is arriving as we speak.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Saw a Target today that had their section set up (quite a bit of space too), and were working fast to remove some product they had already put out.

If I had been there 5-10 minutes earlier, I would have scored the first Legacy wave.  Oh well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39 PM »
It's good to hear shipments are seemingly sporadic, and not "all at once".  Our Target as of Wednesday was shy a LOT of items, so I'll check this weekend and see if that's changed.  I've got $70 I have to use there, so I'm jonesin' to get into the red dot and find something good (AT-TE, would be ideal).

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Two Targets in my area have nothing prepared yet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Some of my Targets have not set up either. Those are being smart.

As a side note, I got to talking with one of the employees at the Target I've been scoring at and he said that the Manager gave the go ahead to put stuff out. They saw the release date but he decided that to have all that empty shelf space wasn't very smart.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 10:56 AM »
I took my DPCI #s to Target again yesterday. No luck getting them to pull anything for me, and this time they were very rude about it. :-\

Oh, and get this...when the manager finally arrived (after I asked to see one 15 minutes earlier) it was one of the same guys from the guest service desk who had been so rude earlier, and now that he was in the middle of the store, rather than saying 'Nope!' and walking away, this time he said, 'Just come back on the 26th at the crack of dawn.'

To which I replied (in my head of course)...'Nope. I'll be sleeping in until eleven after I spend all night waiting in line to give all my business to Midnight Madness at TRU.' Damn, it was annoying! >:(
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:02 AM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Pretty much all of the leaks in my area have been at Target.  There are two stores within about 5 miles of my place.  One is leaking stuff out at a regular pace.  And that's how I got my early Clone Wars figures, TLC figures and AT-TE.  The other store hasn't leaked anything out yet...or even reset just yet.  Overall, it seems like a stark contrast after the previous line launches (Episode I, II & III), which were pretty tight and barely anyone broke the street dates.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I picked up a Commander Fox w/ protective case this morning at my Target.  Rang up at $12.99.  So stuff is tickling out before the big day here in MN.

Jeff