Author Topic: Steel Tip Darts  (Read 1383 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Steel Tip Darts
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Anyone out there play steel tip darts?  I used to be an avid player before my sons were born and have recently started playing again.  Being from the Chicago area I used to belong to the Windy City Darters, but since moving up to Wisconsin I haven't been able to find a league I'm able to participate in without driving all the way down to the city.  Windy City is having their Annual Windy City Open in September, so I only have a few months to get back into form before that tournament. 

I finally set up my basement to start playing again and just finished putting up my second board and backer last night.  Here are some shots of the set-up in the basement:

My wife and sister-in-law also used to play in the league with me, so I'm sure the three of us are going to start playing regularly again.  Just wanted to find out if I'm the lone darter on the boards or if there are others out there like me...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Steel Tip Darts
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:35 PM »
At least you have some really ****** beers to aim at...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Mmmmmmmmm, darts. Yeah, I play but I have not in 3 years. We used to dart on the night shift when things were quite. Now that I'm back on nights, we might be doing that again down the road.  :-X  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Never really got into the steel.  We stick with the Arachnid plastic tipped talking dartboards, but it has sadly taken a second seat thanks to the Wii being in the basement.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:56 PM »

Hell they aren't even an American Beer any more!!!

Thank god I drink Miller and Fat Tire (New Bellgium Beer from Colorado)
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:35 PM »

Trust me, I'd prefer to have Miller Lite backers, but I can't find them anywhere.  I was able to get both of these on the cheap (one free from the bar I used to play at and the other for $20 on ebay) so that's why they are on the wall...

I drink Miller Lite usually, but that hasn't been an American beer after 2002 when they were bought by South African Breweries and became SABMiller.  Molson Coors is Canadian based, therefore when they combined Molson Coors with SABMiller to create MillerCoors this year, that isn't technically an American Beer company either...

Anyway, enough beer talk, I'll save that for another thread...  Glad to see there are other darters on the boards!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 08:28 PM »

Thank god I drink Miller and Fat Tire (New Belgium Beer from Colorado)

Try 1554 from New Belgium....awesome stuff.

Oh, and I've played darts from time to time.   :P
This is the way.

I have spoken.