Author Topic: Gamecube Game Boy Player  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
Re: Gamecube Game Boy Player
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2003, 12:44 PM »
Hey Big Dumb Wookie,

I can definitely recommend Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.  It's an awsome game!  The metroid game is good, but short.  The two towers GBA game is kind of like Diablo but has little replay value once you beat it with all the characters. Golden Sun is a great RPG and you can transfer your data from the first Golden sun to  Golden sun 2.  Whatever you do, Don't waist your money on Dragon Ball Z: Legend of Gohku for the GBA, TERRIBLE!!!!!  Mario Advance 2: Mario World is a great one too.

I've seen Donkey Kong Country for the GBA at KB-toys on their cheep rack for $19.99.  You might check there for games you want.
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2003, 02:45 PM »
Cool, thanks for the tips! :) Golden Sun is a cool game, but I dont have the sequel yet

I've been playing Advance Wars out the wazoo lately, this game is absolutely kickin!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2003, 03:21 PM »
I don't have the second Golden Sun either, my cousin was telling me about it.  Unfortunately I traded my Golden Sun copy for Mario Advance 2: Mario World, so now I have to go get it and beat it all over again to download my character's abilities.  I guess there's going to be a third one too.

Advance Wars?  What's that?  The only games I've played/beat are the ones I mentioned in the last reply, any recommendations?
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2003, 03:24 PM »
Advance Wars is kind of a war sim game, only its on a very cartoony level, kind of anime-ish.

http://www.advancewars.com
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2003, 05:15 PM »
In other Gamecube news/info, if you're looking for a decent deal on 2 good games, I got Bounty Hunter (Finally) for $30 at Target...

Not bad for a great game!  The only problem, my copy continually crashes at about the point Jango picks up his jetpack...  I'm not sure what the deal is, as there's no noticeable scratch on the disc, so I'm perplexed.  I'm also unsure if I can get this replaced by LA for a new disc?  I certainly hope so though!

The other great deal, I got Splinter Cell (Finally) for only $37.99.  This game's sold out in quite a few spots in my area, so I was happy to find it for this price, all things considered.  I considered getting it for PC at first, but it's not a game with a high modding community (that's putting it mildly...  I'm not sure you can mod it at all even?) and I really just didn't want another game on my PC since I just put Medeival Total War on it, and a couple new Jedi Outcast Mods.

Both the these games get a huge thumbs up from me though, so check Target cuz that's where I got them on sale.  Splinter Cell's as hard as any game I've played recently, except maybe MTW.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77