Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164082 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Yeah, the 30AC figures rang up at regular price, like $8 or so, but I had the flier with me.  It says soemthing like 'Star Wars 3 3/4" figures $4.99'.  I don't know if they only meant the Legacy and Clone Wars figures to be on sale, but the flier didn't specify, so I made them change the price on my purchase.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2008, 08:55 PM »
No 30AC here, but they had Wave 2 Legacy remnants so I got 2 IG Lancers, a Quad Gunner, and a Dust storm Han (customs) all for $20-ish.  There's those rare times KM comes through.  $5 for a figure that has an $8.39 price sticker on it is great...

What's even better though?  3 of my figures have a $12.39 sticker on them (I **** you not).  Yes, my store was apparantly thinking these were $12 figures.

K-Mart...  The store that just doesn't get what they are doing wrong.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2008, 09:16 PM »
I hit Kmart tonight and all the figs (Legacy, Legends, TCW) were ringing up at $5.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2008, 10:03 PM »
What's even better though?  3 of my figures have a $12.39 sticker on them (I **** you not).  Yes, my store was apparantly thinking these were $12 figures.

K-Mart...  The store that just doesn't get what they are doing wrong.

I hit Kmart tonight and all the figs (Legacy, Legends, TCW) were ringing up at $5.

Weird.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20 AM »
Anyone gonna take this to WM for pricematching by the way?  I'm thinking of giving that a whirl tomorrow actually...  $4.99 figures are a steal.  They should honor that as long as you take the flyer with you.  I know one WM near me has like 12 pegs full of good 30AC figures (army builders and such).  Lots of Legacy too...  May have to go see what I can scoop up there. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Anyone gonna take this to WM for pricematching by the way?  I'm thinking of giving that a whirl tomorrow actually...  $4.99 figures are a steal.  They should honor that as long as you take the flyer with you.  I know one WM near me has like 12 pegs full of good 30AC figures (army builders and such).  Lots of Legacy too...  May have to go see what I can scoop up there. :)

I forgot about WM price matching policy....
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2008, 01:42 PM »

I thought about that, but seems like a hassle to have to go to the service desk and I'm pretty much caught up anyway.  If anything, I'd buy some Kmart figs and return them to other retailers with old receipts, but even that didn't seem worthwhile.  Maybe I'm just being lazy.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Cashiers should just alter the price at the register, no need to go to CSR desks...  I used it twice tonight and picked up 8 Wave 2 & 3 army builders.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2008, 11:52 PM »
Cashiers should just alter the price at the register, no need to go to CSR desks...  I used it twice tonight and picked up 8 Wave 2 & 3 army builders.

Where did you use it at?  I've never had any luck getting the cashier level person to make these price changes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2008, 12:13 AM »
As long as you have the ad with you, you should be able to just show it to them and get the adjustment.  I used it once in a Lawn & Garden checkout, and once at a 20 items or less at the front of the store.  No problems.  You just have to specifically show the price listed in the ad.

Irony is that I've had more trouble getting the people that work at the store the actual ad is for, to do anything for me. :)  KM sucks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Saw the figures on discount at KM here. They were not list in the ad though.   ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2008, 02:04 PM »
As long as you have the ad with you, you should be able to just show it to them and get the adjustment.  I used it once in a Lawn & Garden checkout, and once at a 20 items or less at the front of the store.  No problems.  You just have to specifically show the price listed in the ad.

Irony is that I've had more trouble getting the people that work at the store the actual ad is for, to do anything for me. :)  KM sucks.

I meant which retailer is letting you ad match.   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2008, 02:18 PM »
WM...  They're the only place that does price matching anymore as far as I know.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2008, 11:28 PM »
WM...  They're the only place that does price matching anymore as far as I know.

Thanks!  WM is pretty far from my place and I only get there a handful of times each year.   :-\  Glad this is working out for others though!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2008, 11:40 PM »
Sounds like me and TRU.  None of those anywhere near me...  WM's, much easier to get to, and Target getting the same way.  TRU though, is impossible to get to unless you're hitting a mall sometime.