Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164086 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Time to start a new thread I guess...

Free standard shipping on any order of $50 or more at HasbroToyShop.com, code = SUMFS

"Qualifying HasbroToyShop.com purchase based on pre-tax amount, excludes shipping and handling charges, and is subject to HasbroToyShop.com's shipping policies. This offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire without notice due to error, fraud or other unforeseen circumstances. Subject to terms and conditions of use. Void where prohibited. Offer expires July 27, 2008 11:59:59 PM (ET)."

*  It says it runs through 7/27, so it might be a nice code to try to use if there are new SW things you want to order this weekend!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32 AM »
In case you missed it, K-Mart is running a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" deal on Star Wars this week.

At my particular K-Mart, the selection sucks and the stuff is over-priced to the point that you aren't getting much of a deal anymore ($30 EVO sets, $10 basic figs), but it's worth a look if you live someplace where K-Mart doesn't totally suck...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:28 PM »
I'll continue talking to myself in this thread to let you all know that my local Target dropped the basic figure price today to $6.99 on all three lines (Legacy, Legends, CW).  You might want to check your local Targets and try to get a reciept adjustment for anything you bought this week.

I figured Target would price-match Wm & TRU eventually, but I wasn't expecting it to come so soon...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Thanks Jeff - Next time I go grocery shopping I'm going to get $2 back!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:03 PM »
I've noticed Target dropping prices all week. I bought 3 figures there on Monday for $8.99 each, and on a time killing trip there yesterday I saw they were $7.99. Good to see they're matching WM and TRU, too bad they're all picked over.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:38 PM »
I went to Target today to find the last 2 evo packs which I did and they had figures for $6.99 as well.
I only bought 6 prior to the drop but just out of principle I will take my receipts for the adjustment, they are bastards, I am getting sick of their quick drops. Price it right the first time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:39 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:50 PM »
I went to Target today to find the last 2 evo packs which I did and they had figures for $6.99 as well.
I only bought 6 prior to the drop but just out of principle I will take my receipts for the adjustment, they are bastards, I am getting sick of their quick drops. Price it right the first time.

That didn't take them very long, they had to be hurting from Wal-Mart and TRU have a more competitive price. Now I'm looking forward to the eventual 10-20% sale Target will have in a couple of weeks so I can score me the V-19 and Spider Droid. They always do these sales after a few weeks of a new toy line launch...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2008, 12:56 AM »
Good to know they're dropping prices.  I'd written them off out of principle till they started to be competitive, so now I can put them back on the list of "OK to buy from".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 1, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Saw Target's price drop as well. I knew the $8 price point wouldn't hold when I saw that TRU's price was $7.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Saw Target's price drop as well. I knew the $8 price point wouldn't hold when I saw that TRU's price was $7.

Pretty sure they're going back up to $8 across the board so consider it a one month break.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2008, 03:10 AM »
Check the front page here for that 10-20% off sale at Target. ;)

And thanks to our Target Sources for the tip.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #11 on: August 2, 2008, 12:35 PM »

And thanks to our Target Sources for the tip.

Well that didn't take long. I was expecting the sale to hit the week after the movie came out, but this will do just fine. Time to score those vehicles I've held out on, maybe find me that damn Rebel Pilots 2 Evolutions set.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 2, 2008, 01:40 PM »
I've noticed Target dropping prices all week. I bought 3 figures there on Monday for $8.99 each, and on a time killing trip there yesterday I saw they were $7.99. Good to see they're matching WM and TRU, too bad they're all picked over.

$8.99?!  Are you sure?  $9 a figure is seriously ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: August 2, 2008, 03:00 PM »

Good news!  I'll have to gather all my receipts together again for another price match next week... :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 3, 2008, 06:04 PM »

I knew this would happen.  Good thing I held out on a lot of things, though I did get quite a few price adjustments at Target this morning.  The AT-TE is marked at $89.99, but the Falcon didn't have any sale markings on the shelf.  I assume that sucker is on sale as well, no?  I didn't feel like lagging that huge box up to the scanner.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN