Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164073 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 02:14 PM »
Couple of savings ideas for those feeling the pain of Legacy spending...

#1 Comic Pack sale this week is buy one, get one 50% off.  They are still $11.99 at TRU, so huge savings over Target if you can find what you want.  My TRU didn't have any more of the new ones, but they are the same DPCI at Target, so if you find new ones at the Red Dot, buy those and return your TRU ones.  I found my new CPs at Target last week and picked up two older ones at TRU today.  Excluding tax, I spent $26.58 at Target versus $17.98 at TRU for a savings of $8.60.

#2 I received a coupon booklet at TRU while making my purchase and it has two coupons good for 20% a single item.  One can't be used until 8/15 and the other can't be used until 8/22.  These are perfect for big ticket items like the BMF or AT-TE.  I was groaning about paying $40 for my B-Wing this week, but I took it to the service desk with my coupon and she took 20% off my B-Wing, which knocked it down to $32.  She noted that the coupon wasn't supposed to be used until later in the week, but I asked her nicely and she fixed it anyway.   ;D

Still not a fan of the increased pricing, but there are some good deals to be had at TRU!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 09:28 AM »
I noticed that our local Target jacked the basic figure price back up to $8 again too, just a week after dropping it down to $7.  I haven't checked our TRU in awhile, but they haven't had any basic figures stocked since MM anyways.  Wal-Mart has a pretty good supply of Wave 1 (and repacks) from both lines, and are currently charging $6.94.  I hate to say it, but if the prices stay this way, I might have to start checking WM regularly again - as much as I hate going in there.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Woot! TRU Can is having a sale on their figures until The 16th. $5.97 for all basic figures (legends,legacy and clone). I am just happy I kept my receipt cause I just called and they said they will do a price adjust without the product for me today :) Now I just hope I can find the rebel V2 set that was reported being spotted at that TRU.

On another note I am very surprised to see that the AT-Te is selling at $5 less than in the states at WM yet it is being sold for $130 at zellers. Price for this years items are so messed up. TRU vehicles go for $30. Yet at WM they are $27 but at sears (the place that never gets SW stuff anymore unless its the holiday season) is selling them for $25, although I have only seen the clone helmets at sears anyways.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 11:18 AM »
I hate to say it, but if the prices stay this way, I might have to start checking WM regularly again - as much as I hate going in there.

That was the first store I hit on 07/26.   :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 11:56 AM »
These figures are not going to move much at 7.99, so it's safe to say that at Target especially you'll have a large selection come clearance time.

TRU is another story - they'd rather have the figs on the shelf for 3 years before marking them down.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 04:01 PM »
I noticed that our local Target jacked the basic figure price back up to $8 again too, just a week after dropping it down to $7.  I haven't checked our TRU in awhile, but they haven't had any basic figures stocked since MM anyways.  Wal-Mart has a pretty good supply of Wave 1 (and repacks) from both lines, and are currently charging $6.94.  I hate to say it, but if the prices stay this way, I might have to start checking WM regularly again - as much as I hate going in there.

I found the same situation in Chicago. Targets and TRU are back up to $7.99 for basic figures. TRU is also back up to $24.99 for vehicles (7/26 they were $19.99) I am glad I bought this crap when I did and got my price adjustments from Target during the sale week. I wanted to pick up some Legends Clone Troopers today and went to WM purposely to save a few bucks. The WM's here have a great selection as they were all late to put out this crap. It's a shame for the prices raises, I wanted to support TRU more this year. I was relived at the MM sale when they wer $6.99, that was the best surprise as I expected $7.99 off the bat. They did get $600 in one shot from me on 7/26 so I gave ample support already for this year.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Are you guys sure that the TRU sale is this week? I stopped in and they didn't know anything about it. They said the latest ad comes out next week.

On the annoying side, I did take some comic packs up to purchase (to see of they came up on sale,) but somehow, the legacy comic packs, of which they had a ton, weren't in the system yet.  ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 08:41 PM »
Are you guys sure that the TRU sale is this week? I stopped in and they didn't know anything about it. They said the latest ad comes out next week.

On the annoying side, I did take some comic packs up to purchase (to see of they came up on sale,) but somehow, the legacy comic packs, of which they had a ton, weren't in the system yet.  ???

Which sale are you referring to?  The buy one get one for 50% at TRU should be on right now - they have signage up and it automatically rang up that way on Sunday.  Someone also posted cheaper prices on basic figs, but I think that was at TRUs in Canada.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Yep, buy one, get one 50% off. There was no signage up at my store either.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I stopped in at TRU yesterday (which did have the sale stuff posted), and they had raised their prices up on figures ($7.99), battle packs/GH cinema scenes/etc. ($24.99).  They had finally restocked since MM, with the pegs full of figures, and evolutions packs (Sith repack and 1 Imperial Pilots) on the shelves.  No GH cinema scenes, comic packs, etc. though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 08:38 AM »
Check out this lett I received back from Target Guest Service after complaining about the price moving from $8 down to $7, then back up to $8 the next week.  I'm going to print a few copies, shred them, and spread them over my garden as I believe this will make great fertilizer.  >:(

"Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings about our price matching policy for the Star Wars action figures. We've established our policy as one way guests may expect value and low prices on all our merchandise. Target doesn't price match or price adjust with other competitor stores. (REALLY? I used to work with Target for Ctgy Mgmt and we would specifically audit local Wal-Marts to check prices!) I'm sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

We're always looking for ways to make the Target experience better for every guest. As a result, I'll make sure to share your comments with our Store Operations team.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Garry
Target Guest Relations"

Thanks Garry - definitely hope to see YOU on my next shopping trip so I can tell you what I think in person.  I'll be picking up my SW from Wal-Mart despite the added gas prices and inconvenience of getting there, or worst case spending my $8 per figure at TRU.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 01:12 AM »
Pretty good deal over at Brian's Toys...yes I said Brian's Toys.  Spend $75 on in stock merchandise and get 4 figures free!

Go to This Link to sign up for the four figures, then put $75 worth of instock goodies in your basket. 

When you check out, use this promotional code to change the price of the four figs to free:

FREECLONEWARS2008

I bought all of these at retail, so just returning them will net me over $30, making my BT purchase $50 instead of $80...not a bad deal!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Ughh, my local TRU's are filled with idiots! The first TRU I've been trying to score the Buy One get one half off comic packs wouldn't honor the sale, saying the comic packs weren't part of it, despite the fact that I had the ad. I went to a second and almost walked out with the same result. Turns out, at least my TRU's have a glitch in the system, only one of the three sets is keyed in for the sale which is throwing them off.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01 PM »
http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=S8L3CCLONETROOPERFELUCIAC9

???  I assume you're pointing out the crummy prices at Brian's?  Not very helpful.   ::)  Let's try to stay on topic...

I'm not a big fan and have never ordered from them before, but there are good deals to be had with this offer.  Try this one:

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=S8L3CCASEASST0223

Witht he freebies, you get 16 figures for about $5.70 a piece, which is about 30% lower than Target and TRU prices.  AND its shipped right to your house.