Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164084 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2008, 11:08 AM »
The Target UBP's have had a Price cut. They're $54.99 now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2008, 03:04 PM »
So as you all know KB is closing.  The one near me has everything 40%.  So Legacy figs are like $6 and the remaining 30AC are like $4 something.

There's some decent deals there.  I stocked up on some army builders there.  And some of the leftover VTAC figures are about $5.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2008, 09:46 AM »
My wife and I hit KB yesterday on a lark. Wow. It happened to be the last day and there was almost nothing left.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2008, 12:28 PM »
I noticed that "the big three" are all pretty much wiped out of everything Star Wars with the exception of the six breasted lady.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I drove by a KayBee near my house and saw a guy standing with a sign about the clearances.  Prices are now 50 - 70% off.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 9, 2009, 11:31 PM »
One Wal-mart I visited had the Legacy A-Wing on clearance for half price at $15!  Check your WMs, guys!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2009, 06:39 AM »
One Wal-mart I visited had the Legacy A-Wing on clearance for half price at $15!  Check your WMs, guys!

Thanx I will...

Edited: **** I'm too late the AT's are gone... plus the A- wings still at $29

Last time I went it had two AT-TE at $64.00 I'm so tempred to buy both even if it has the legs issue...easy fix.

Also had 3 Gunship left at $49.99 and the next two days two were gone I bought the last one, now I have 2 CW Gunship need a 3rd or 4th to the upcoming gree clones... so I have one for Cody squad, Fox squad, I have Rex left alone...

Thanx again mate  :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:32 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2009, 01:56 PM »

Hey dude. If your Wal Mart still has those, I could use up to three. If you could help me out I'd be very, very grateful. My local stores never stocked them. PM me if you can some A-Wings.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Saw my first BMF on clearance at a Target out East from me - $100. Didn't buy it, but it was good to know they could be had on clearance locally.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2009, 01:56 PM »
Greg- I should have elaborated in my post, but the WM I visited was on the way back from an out-of-town trip, so it's quite a distance.  My local WM never got any A-Wings, but if somehow they show up, I'll let you know!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I really wanted to pick up one of those new A-Wings as well, but they never hit our stores locally either.  I keep hoping they are being held for a later set (post Christmas), but I don't know if that's likely or not.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Those were sporadic here at best...  One WM has them still I think, but only one and I haven't been there in a while.  I saw them at maybe 40% of the WM's I visit though.  Not good odds then.  They had a ton though, which was ironic.  Some stores had nada, others had a deluge of them.

WM's distribution is its major flaw.  If they were as structured as Target on distribution, they'd be a much more appreciated source of figures I think.  You can at least count on Target to have the stuff in stock at every store at some point...  even if they won't get it for you and won't put it out for about a month after it's release.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2009, 04:02 PM »
WM's distribution is its major flaw.  If they were as structured as Target on distribution, they'd be a much more appreciated source of figures I think.  You can at least count on Target to have the stuff in stock at every store at some point...  even if they won't get it for you and won't put it out for about a month after it's release.  ::)

I couldn't have said that better myself.   

Beautiful  :'(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 1, 2009, 09:40 AM »
$7.99 for basic figures at Target? Bogus.

Though, it does seem like prices go up this time of year and then correct themselves a few months down the road.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 1, 2009, 10:00 PM »
So, how long before we're back down to $6.99?
I'll agree with the good Mr. Anton about the price changing each new year. Though it seems that until now it was more when the lines/packaging changed. For example:

'04-'05
OTC:$4.99
POTC: $6.99 (And we thought that was high)

'05-'06
ROTS:$4.99-$5.99
TSC: $6.99

Spring '07
TSC: $5.99-$6.50
TAC: $6.99

Summer '08
TAC: $6.99
TLC/CW: $7.99

This year kinda ruins the system. I was expecting a price hike with the new red packaging, but not now. I am hoping that a price reduction comes sooner rather than later. I have yet to see the outrageous $9 pricepoint. I didn't like $7.00, but it seemed like the balance point between over priced and bargain. I'm buying one of each figure (if that) until we're back to $7.00. If that doesn't happen, I'll do my army building at Toy Shows. I kinda regret getting four Space Clones yesterday at Target. At $8.00, one of each is tolerable, doubling up is a sting, but army builidng is overkill.