Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164403 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #210 on: April 1, 2009, 12:15 PM »
I'm assuming this is an April Fools gag...

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Figures_HalfPrice_122131.asp

And it's a ****** one too since it will result in people driving all over town looking for something that doesn't exist.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 1, 2009, 12:27 PM »
It could be, but some WMs are weird like that.  We had a Target here in MN that was selling TAC figs for $2.50 for about six months or so back in the day.  That store got continually raped by a few of us.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 1, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I'm assuming this is an April Fools gag...

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Figures_HalfPrice_122131.asp

And it's a ****** one too since it will result in people driving all over town looking for something that doesn't exist.

I was thinking the same thing.  The price tags and receipt are a nice touch though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 1, 2009, 01:54 PM »
It could be, but some WMs are weird like that.  We had a Target here in MN that was selling TAC figs for $2.50 for about six months or so back in the day.  That store got continually raped by a few of us.

There was a Wal-Mart in Grapevine that had 30thAC figures marked at $3.00 even for about 5 or 6 months (basically from about wave 01 through wave 05).  I bought so many Stormtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Honor Guards, Airborne Troopers, and Galactic Marines over the course of that time...  It was awesome.

As for the Scum story, all I know is that they have an April Fools gag up there every single year and I don't see anything else that qualifies, so I've got to assume for now that this is it, and if it is, it's lame.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: April 1, 2009, 03:04 PM »
If it is, it's their all-time lamest...

The pricetags and receipt are a sure nice touch though if it is.  ???

All I know is I'm not expecting anything but $7.50 figures at my WM as even if it is true, it's highly unlikely other stores will have the same deal.  WM's discounts are so random it's not funny.  Nothing worth worrying about since 99% of us wouldn't have that deal going for us anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 1, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Why can't it be legit? It doesn't mean that any others are going to be following suit. We all know that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 1, 2009, 04:54 PM »
I think that's real.  There was one near the school I teach that did the same thing about a month ago, but all they had were some Yarnas and a few others.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 1, 2009, 05:10 PM »
It certainly could be real... I'm just looking for their annual gag and don't see anything else.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 1, 2009, 07:29 PM »
I'm not sure if they will end up having Legacy goodies, but check out the cool auctions going on over at Yakface:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/viewforum.php?f=96

They will be adding more throughout April and you win just using your YakPoints (earned through posting or various other activities on the site).  Check out the lottery and bank for more ways to earn points.

They also have a SW Easter Egg contest going on right here for more free stuff:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4263

There are more giveaways and contests throughout the month, so stop in and check them out after you're doing posting at JD!
« Last Edit: April 1, 2009, 07:33 PM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 5, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Another FYI that the $5 Big K sale on all action figures is holding on for another week!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: April 6, 2009, 02:10 AM »
And it's advertised now...  That means, Pricematchin' time!  And if you're lucky, as I am, you can land some Wave 5 figures with it.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 7, 2009, 09:41 AM »
We don't have any K-Marts around here anymore, but I stopped in at TRU to check out their "2 for $11" deals yesterday.  Not really much left there, unless I wanted to pick up a Yarna and Legends Plo Koon combination :).  I noticed that all of the Force Unleashed 3 Packs I saw there on Saturday were sold out though.  They had the B-Wings marked down to $30 - I have to admit I was somewhat tempted, but left them for now.  Four Lars sets still at full price there, I was sort of hoping those would go on clearance eventually as well.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 7, 2009, 11:25 AM »
And it's advertised now...  That means, Pricematchin' time!  And if you're lucky, as I am, you can land some Wave 5 figures with it.  :)

For anyone thinking about trying this - I had no luck getting TRU or Target to price match K-Mart's ad. I think Walmart still price matches for anyone that has easy access to one.   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #223 on: April 7, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Yaeh, TRU never did and Target stopped it some years ago...  WM pricematches anything with a marked sale price though if you have the ad...  I've gotten them to do it with a receipt from another store too, but that's rare that it's worked.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 8, 2009, 04:25 PM »
I LOVE the sound of $5 figures; I'm going to pass by K-Mart but I don't have high hopes for my particular store.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke