Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164369 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #405 on: November 9, 2009, 11:03 PM »
I did some searching around and see some notices from August.  That said, I found several posts of people that were ordering and getting stuff over the last month, so hopefully that's a good sign.   :-\

*EDIT*

Just got an email from Toyrocket regarding the removal of their pre-order items from the site. 

"Thank you for your inquiry. We took all pre-orders off the website because,due to the nature of our red tag sale, we will not be taking any further pre-orders."

They may be liquidating, but the fact that they do have some new stuff coming in makes me think it might just be a reorg under new management.  I at least feel better that I got a response to my email!
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 11:13 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Looks like Target has Battle Packs on price cut for $21.99 for now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 10, 2009, 11:44 AM »
I ordered $150 in SW/GI Joe figures from toyrocket.com on the 7th.  All items were listed as "in stock".  I went to check on the status of my order since they were all in stock items and it hasn't shipped out yet, everything is listed as "in stock processing".

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: November 10, 2009, 02:35 PM »
I ordered $75 worth of stuff, we'll see what happens.  I used my CC so I can argue the charges should something occur, but I really hope the order goes through.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Follow up for those of you reading along with the Toyrocket drama:

Okay, so I got a notice from Toyrocket today saying that part of my order was backstocked.  Despite all items being ordered as “In-Stock” they apparently oversold an item for $30.  The CS person asked if I wanted to add $30 of other merchandise or wait for the backordered item to replenish (estimated time 7-10 days).  Their policy is to ship what’s in stock, then send an additional shipment with backordered product at no additional shipping charge.  Fair Enough.

So, I promptly responded that I would be fine waiting for my backordered item and that they should please move forward with the rest of my order ASAP.  I ordered almost a week ago now and it’s still “processing.” 

A few hours later, I receive a note stating that the backordered item was CANCELLED.  WTF.  The email says some pre-order/backorder items were mistakenly included in their red tag sale, but my initial order shows that the item was listed as In-Stock.  Whatever.  To add insult to injury, they also promptly refunded me $29.87 (I paid exactly $30 in my order), so apparently I have to pay a $.13 fee for their error.  WTF.  (Thirteen cents on Friday the 13th – that’s creepy).  They had a flat ship rate deal as well, so now the ship cost per item in my order has technically increased.

THEN I get a message stating that they were overwhelmed with orders and my (remaining) products will likely take ANOTHER 3-5 days to ship.  Seriously.

As Lando said, “This deal is getting worse all the time!”  Starting to wonder which, if any, of my items I will actually see and when.  Hopefully this is the only glitch I’ll encounter.  Anyone else seeing movement on their stuff?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Okay then - don't order from Toy Rocket, gotchy'all.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2009, 09:38 PM »

Well, not sure if I'd go that far yet.  I got my shipping notice today - apparently all the rest of my stuff is in transit.  We'll see what happens when it shows up...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 15, 2009, 12:26 AM »

That's pretty much my policy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #413 on: November 15, 2009, 11:42 PM »
My order has shipped but I'm not sure if anything maybe didn't.  We'll see when it gets here via UPS which almost always takes a hair longer for me for some reason (distribution center's close, so no clue why that is).

I'll update and see what came and what got axed. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Message from toyrocket.com

Thank you for your recent order from Toyrocket.com. As you know we are running a Red Tag sale with items at 50-90% off. The response to this sale has been overwhelming with tousands of orders flooding in, including yours. This email is to notify you that your order has been received and processed but that we are experiencing delays in shipping as quickly as usual. It will likely be 3-5 days until your order can ship. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you again for shopping with Toyrocket.com.The Toyrocket Team

I ordered on the 7th, so still waiting....

Anyway, incase any of you live by a Meijer, in their Black Friday ad they are going to have SW figs for $5.50

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2009, 02:31 PM »
For those that avoid K-Mart, they've got Legacy and CW BPs on sale for $19.99 this week.  Probably why a few folks reported finding some new BPs there later last week. 

Also the GH Cinema Scenes and the K-Mart 4-pack of Clone Troopers & Obi-Wan are also $19.99 each.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2009, 04:15 PM »
I wonder if they'll adjust the price for me?  I just bought that set, and would kind of like my $5 back.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2009, 04:34 PM »
About this toyrocket thing. It sounds to me that they're having carrier issues. I worked for a company that used a similar line about shipping late and it was because we couldn't get any carrier to pick up until we paid them in full first. At one time we had carriers who wouldn't pick up even if we did pay them or were paid up because they knew we were going under. Of course it is possible they're just overwhelmed with orders and are understaffed to ship but if that was the case they'd still need to pull the order and the wording of their email implies the order has been pulled.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41 PM »
For those that avoid K-Mart, they've got Legacy and CW BPs on sale for $19.99 this week.  Probably why a few folks reported finding some new BPs there later last week. 

Also the GH Cinema Scenes and the K-Mart 4-pack of Clone Troopers & Obi-Wan are also $19.99 each.

Jeff's on the money. I got the Endor and Felatio- err Felucian set at KMart today. This was not anywhere near home as I'm still away for business. $20 is a much easier pill to swallow. Also scored the ANH at the same store.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I got a bunch of battlepacks tonight at KM.  They loaded up on new ones, and $19.99?  Hell yeah, I'm in.

I got my Endor 2.0 price-adjusted as well (for those of you who got one last week, you have SEVEN days from date of purchase to get a price adjustment at K-Mart).

I also got a Felucia Gelagrub like Jim, and I'm taking my other back to TRU where I originally bought it.

I also got the Rishi Moon pack, and I got 2 Gunship Turret packs which I will now return my previous purchase at Wal-Mart of those...  $5 is $5, and if KM's selling them for $19.99 then they can have my money and the other stores can piss off.  Especially on that Felucia pack which I agree is totally not $25 worth of toy.  A roto-cast slug with few individual parts, and a retooled Clone.  Meh.

Basically I stocked up though on battlepacks and feel good.  Left Endor 2.0 on the shelf too.

And, like you also did Jim, I got ANH wave too...  I did the math quick in my head and figured you'd save  $10-ish I think if you bought them on Hasbro Toy Shop, plus HTS lacks Chewbacca and the Scanner Tech at this point.  I got the whole wave for like $79 after tax...  I'll live with that though $8.99/figure hurt BAD. :(

Another painful night financially, but other than extras for customizing and army builders I want, I'm actually caught up.  I'm almost in shock.

I honestly don't mind K-Mart...  They run significant sales more often than most other retailers on this stuff, and I've gotten a lot of $4.99 figures there, and now $19.99 battlepacks.  KM's ok by me.  I just wish their basics were $1 less.  I'd stop there routinely on toy runs then.