Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164448 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #615 on: April 22, 2010, 04:38 AM »
That seems to vary by where you live...  My Target, it never really went too much below $6.99...  Others seemed to see better prices for a while though, so that's subjective.

I'm sure some places will drop prices lower to clear out Legacy stuff.  Sometimes retailers do that at the urging of the manufacturer saying, "Hey, this new stuff's coming and will sell full price", and all that...  But I'm not so sure they're going to drop soon, or when there's desirable stuff on the pegs.  $6, to me, is pretty decent so I'm buying now anything "extra" I may want.  It's not a lot, but I find stuff here and there like Gungans or Scanner Techs... 

I think I could wait on Plo Koons and Obi-Wans though. :)  The rest might be a crapshoot though, if it's still there when prices may (or may not) go lower.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 25, 2010, 04:45 PM »
TRU has buy one get one 50% off on Star Wars this week.  Haven't been to the brick n mortar store yet, but online they have the Biker Scout and Battle Droid deluxe sets available using this deal.  Also CW Firefighter Droid and Obi-Wan, though these don't ring up for the sale for some reason.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 26, 2010, 03:13 AM »
Interesting. Wonder how many other WM's still have those. Wonder if Ross will get another round.

I usually frequent about 5 different Wal-Marts in the Central Texas area (three when I go home to Austin and two when I'm at school in College Station) and all three are clogged with AT-STs. Only a couple of Dewbacks, but enough to keep newer Battle Packs off the shelves. I've only been to one Wal-Mart so I don't know if the clearances are happening everywhere, but I think maybe me and Paul might have been the only people in Texas to buy AT-STs now that Rob is gone.

Not bad Diddly...  If you're interested in helping some of those AT-ST's and Dewbacks go, LMK.  :)

If I had the cash I'd definitely snag a few for people who want extras. I'll check back in about 2 weeks when finals are over and get back to you. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 27, 2010, 01:57 PM »
TRU does do price adjustments. I bought all of my EU/TFU stuff last week and brought my receipts in yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 29, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Action figure prices @ Target are indeed $6.64. I wonder if this is a pre-clearance sale, and wouldn't be surprised if prices dropped even more before TVC finally hits. The same happened in 2006/2007 with the TSC before TAC hit out.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #620 on: April 29, 2010, 11:17 PM »
Action figure prices @ Target are indeed $6.64. I wonder if this is a pre-clearance sale, and wouldn't be surprised if prices dropped even more before TVC finally hits. The same happened in 2006/2007 with the TSC before TAC hit out.

They are $6.04 at my local Target.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 30, 2010, 01:24 AM »
$6.04 here too still.  Wish there was something that I wanted to buy, but all I see are Legends and Clone Wars, and the occasional ESB wave figure. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 30, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Looks like SWS.com has a 20% off sale on all in stock items - today only.  Discount applied at final step of checkout.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06 PM »
TRU is having a crazy SW sale earlier today and tomorrow - if you haven't heard yet.  I bought some figures and, due in part to the BOGO deal, and from what I hear another deal for $2.50 off each figure for two days only, at the registers the first figure you purchase will ring up for $4.99, the second $1.24!

What is happening is the computer is taking the $2.50 off the first figure, then half off the second figure, then an additional $2.50 off the second figure.

This could just be a glitch in the system, and it could be fixed by tomorrow morning, but I got 8 figures today (I bet you can guess 7 of them) for $26 and change after tax.

I am guessing who ever put this sale in the system may not have a job come Monday - especially if this is not fixed by morning, after the hordes of collectors come in and "wipe them out - all of them!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 1, 2010, 05:44 PM »
I found W13 and got that same discount today.  What a riot - $4.99 per figure is great, but $1.24 per second figure is insane!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 1, 2010, 07:01 PM »
I couldn't believe the glitch. Got my previous purchases price adjusted.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #626 on: May 1, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I was hoping to score big today at my TRU, but no dice on W13.  All they have is pegwarmers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #627 on: May 4, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Lots of stuff getting cleared out at Hasbro Toy Shop.  $4.99 Legacy and CW3D figures, Comic and Battlepacks knocked down in price, some vehicles for $20...

Plus SW2010 gets you an extra 10% off to ease the shipping pretty much.

Worth stocking up.  I picked up a number of army builders, an Endor Battlepack and a Vulture Droid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 4, 2010, 09:36 PM »
heh - and I placed an order last night for a few extra things that I never got and they go and put them on sale for $2 cheaper - nice...

Maybe I can call in tomorrow and get a price adjustment  :P  it would be $5 in savings...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 5, 2010, 08:24 AM »
I'm in the same boat - I ordered five battle packs at $24.99 - 10% on the 3rd and now on the 4th (the day my order shipped) they prices were dropped down to $19.99 each.

I called them up using the toll-free number that was at the bottom of my shipping notification (1-800-408-0052) and asked them if they did price adjustments since the price was adjusted the exact day my item shipped.

The customer service rep I was speaking to said he would put it in the system for an "escalation" for an adjustment to take place so on all of the battle packs I would be paying $19.99 - 10% (approx $18) as opposed to $22.49.

I wouldn't hesitate on doing this shmash, you never know how long the sale is going to last.

If I get a confirmation of price adjustment (i.e. my request works), I'll update this post to let everyone know that HTS does indeed do price adjustments...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!