Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46207 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Wow!  $70.00 eh?  Yeah, forget it Hasbro.  Nice try and all but in the end that is an idiotic price. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2008, 06:27 PM »
These deserve to go to the clearance aisle and Target and Hasbro deserve to lose money on them.

Yup.  We're getting raped on these sets this go around which is such a shame compared to last year.  I have no doubt that Target will continue these UBPs every year into 2018.

Expect more disappointment in the years to come or just don't buy them.  This year's $62.99 will surely be next year's $69.99 - I think some Targets flubbed on that price. 

Show Hasbro you truly do care.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Show Hasbro you truly do care.   ::)

I couldn't agree more with this.  The more I hear about the Carkoon pack, the more I want one, but I have decided without a doubt that I am not getting this thing unless it's on clearance.  If it sells well at regular price (even if you have a discount or coupon), Target's just going to keep launching these at ridiculous prices.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2008, 07:40 PM »
I finally saw one of these in person today... and I left it on the shelf. 

And I left pretty annoyed... after 15 years of bending over for any stupid old thing, I'm finally drawing the line somewhere.

The only way I'll own this set is if I find one on clearance or for a lot less at a toy show.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2008, 09:09 PM »
I've not even made an attempt to look for it.  At the price they want, f it...  Hasbro and Target can both eat a bag of dicks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Hasbro and Target can both eat a bag of dicks.

Beautifully said  :) 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2008, 12:17 AM »
Odd how they priced this BP so high.  I know some people thought (and still think) the BMF Falcon was over priced, but I think it's worth every penny.  I don't think I'd pay whast they're asking for this BP in a million years though!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 1, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I couldn't agree more about the price. Realistically, these should cost about the same as last year and if inflation must be taken into account, the price is way too much. I think it's just Hasbro and or target getting greedy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 1, 2008, 09:47 AM »
We were out at Target yesterday doing a little Christmas shopping and didn't see these on the shelves yet.  They still had the Joe packs out, but that was about it.  I don't know if they were supposed to hit shelves this week or not.  I'm really on the fence with the Carkoon pack, I really want the Skiff and the Sarlacc, and I guess the figures are fine, but if it is $70 (or even $63) it really seems steep.  We'll see.  Although the Christophsis pack seems like a nice one overall, I'll be passing on that one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 1, 2008, 01:07 PM »
The price on this is a kick in the nuts for sure.  I'm still glad that I have it now though, as the Sarlacc itself is great and the smaller base is nice too (it's underneath the flimsy plastic one in the packaging).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: December 1, 2008, 11:48 PM »
I picked up this set over the past weekend.  I had a 10% off coupon, so the set was only $61 with tax.  I'm fairly certain I can sell the 5 figures for $3 each (the neighborhood kids just love our summer garage sales), which means I'll end up paying about $22 for the Skiff (about retail) and $24 for the Sarlaac.  For those prices, the set isn't horrible

Yes, I agree that it sucks that you are "forced" to buy 5 figures that you already have to get the good stuff in this set, but that is life I suppose.  Not the greatest deal we've seen, but it's not as bad as some "deals" we've seen (I'm looking at you, $18 ShopStarWars figures  >:().

So, what do I think of my $24 Sarlaac Pit?  I like it.   :-X

Yes, the top layer of the sand pit is made with the cheapie plastic (like the Lars Homestead set), but the rest of the pit is really nice.  The inner base of the pit is a rigid, quality plastic and the Sarlaac itself is very detailed and poseable.  I think it was cool that Hasbro decided to try something like this, so the "buying a Sarlaac is cool" half of my brain beat out the "dude, this costs way too much" half.

Yes, in the end it's probably over-priced, but as one of the handful of people left out there who actually enjoy collecting this line, I am happy with my purchase...  after all, it's not like I was going to be spending that money on any new Indy stuff instead.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 2, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Finally saw one in person, didn't pick it up yet. Anyone have comparison shots yet of this skiff and the last skiff? The new one appears to be darker to my eyes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 2, 2008, 11:03 AM »
I picked up this set over the past weekend.  I had a 10% off coupon, so the set was only $61 with tax.  I'm fairly certain I can sell the 5 figures for $3 each (the neighborhood kids just love our summer garage sales), which means I'll end up paying about $22 for the Skiff (about retail) and $24 for the Sarlaac.  For those prices, the set isn't horrible

Yes, I agree that it sucks that you are "forced" to buy 5 figures that you already have to get the good stuff in this set, but that is life I suppose.  Not the greatest deal we've seen, but it's not as bad as some "deals" we've seen (I'm looking at you, $18 ShopStarWars figures  >:().

So, what do I think of my $24 Sarlaac Pit?  I like it.   :-X

Yes, the top layer of the sand pit is made with the cheapie plastic (like the Lars Homestead set), but the rest of the pit is really nice.  The inner base of the pit is a rigid, quality plastic and the Sarlaac itself is very detailed and poseable.  I think it was cool that Hasbro decided to try something like this, so the "buying a Sarlaac is cool" half of my brain beat out the "dude, this costs way too much" half.

Yes, in the end it's probably over-priced, but as one of the handful of people left out there who actually enjoy collecting this line, I am happy with my purchase...  after all, it's not like I was going to be spending that money on any new Indy stuff instead.   :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 3, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Certainly haven't seen these in the numbers of last year UBP's. In fact, out of four stores, I've only seen one of this one.  :P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 3, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Certainly haven't seen these in the numbers of last year UBP's. In fact, out of four stores, I've only seen one of this one.  :P

So are you buying Anton?  I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure if you like it enough to buy I probably will too.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge