Author Topic: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP  (Read 46012 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Pit of Carkoon" Ultimate BP
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Ya I'm not understanding Target's approach on these offereings.  Only one or two on the floor at any given time if that - with some Targets not even stocking them, yet there's dozens of Joe BP's on the floor?...and no cleaance yet   ???  Definately a change in their tune.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2009, 12:22 PM »
The Christophsis UBPs sold out a long time ago here, but the Sarlacc UBPs have been sitting on two different endcaps at $54.99 for at least three weeks, and they aren't moving. It's gonna take a much bigger discount to get these moving I think, at least that's what it'll take for me to buy one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:22 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2009, 02:12 PM »
The Christophsis UBPs sold out a long time ago here, but the Sarlacc UBPs have been sitting on two different endcaps at $54.99 for at least three weeks, and they aren't moving. It's gonna take a much bigger discount to get these moving I think, at least that's what it'll take for me to buy one.

I'm actually seeing the Sarlacc more now than I did before Christmas.  I think I'll finally break and buy either or both if they get down to $30ish.  Otherwise I think I can survive without them. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2009, 09:24 AM »
Both of these seem to have been freshly stocked at my Targets. Since the Joe UBP is hitting clearance and these have allocated reset space, it might be a while before thee hit clearance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 3, 2009, 12:02 PM »
I was just listening to the Star Wars Action News podcast's Hasbro Q and A (about the 19 minute mark), and one of their questions was about the complaints of the UBPs for 2008 (including the TRU Lars pack) and if the compaints would influence any future releases.  Hasbro mentioned costing out the sets has become difficult, and that although the Christophsis pack was "wildly successful", they wouldn't be continuing this line in 2009 and beyond due to costing issues.  It may just be Hasbro speak, since they're often quite sneaky with the Target holiday exclusives, but it could be the end of UBPs at retail.  I don't know about nationwide, but I didn't seem to have much trouble finding any of the three (Sarlacc, CW, or Lars Homestead) although I only picked up the Sarlacc one personally.  I think one of our local Targets may still have one or two of theirs out, and I know that TRU has some Lars Homesteads.

I suppose it could be possible that Hasbro has seen that big vehicles (at least in the $100 range) do just as well as these packs during the holidays, and maybe that's the route we'll see from now on.  Anyways, just wanted to pass it along.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2009, 12:02 PM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 3, 2009, 12:28 PM »
It may just be Hasbro speak, since they're often quite sneaky with the Target holiday exclusives, but it could be the end of UBPs at retail. 

I don't buy it.  The AT-ST sets sold insanely well for 07 and for some reason Target is handling the Sarlacc and CW pack a bit differently now, I still think they're selling through even at the inflated prices.  Though I'm not getting why all of the Joe UBPs got clearanced out already.  Perhaps they were just referring to the environmental pieces?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 3, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Only one of my local Targets has Carkoon sets left.  They're marked $54.99 and are worked right into the regular shelf, no clearance.  Although, they were clearanced out at the other stores...  ???

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 3, 2009, 01:59 PM »
still at $54....

I got a good deal for the Sarlacc.   
« Last Edit: February 3, 2009, 02:47 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: February 3, 2009, 02:16 PM »
Although, they were clearanced out at the other stores...  ???

If they were clearanced at some stores, it was at the manager's discretion.  The UBPs are still active DPCIs according to corporate and are most likely not headed to chain wide Clearance until the next reset.  According to the last draft plan-o-gram I saw, the Jabba Rancor was going to end up in the shelf space that the UBPs are taking up now...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 3, 2009, 04:56 PM »
I've been amazed to see some of these are still in stores.  And that's as recently as yesterday.  But when you think about the price, the pack-in figures and the poor paint jobs, I can totally understand why they're lingering.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: February 3, 2009, 05:52 PM »
although the Christophsis pack was "wildly successful", they wouldn't be continuing this line in 2009 and beyond due to costing issues. 

I'm not shocked.  These got put out just in the last month or less here in Pittsburgh, seriously, and they're just collecting dust all around.  They were lame for the price...  I want a Lars dome, I want a Sarlacc, but I won't blow $50 for either of them.  I'd rather do without than feel the shame on those purchases.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 3, 2009, 10:35 PM »
I'm not surprised to see them sitting around, but I am surprised that they're not on clearance yet.  Its like someone figured out that the UBPs were clearanced too low, too fast last year, so now they're over correcting.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 4, 2009, 09:18 AM »
If this past year was the new standard for UBP's, I wouldn't miss them. However, I thought the 07 sets were awesome and would like to see that type of thing yearly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 4, 2009, 09:55 AM »
If this past year was the new standard for UBP's, I wouldn't miss them. However, I thought the 07 sets were awesome and would like to see that type of thing yearly.

I agree with that!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 4, 2009, 05:36 PM »
After only having one Sarlacc UBP in the regular aisle for quite some time now, our local Target today all of a sudden had an entire endcap full of both the Clone Wars and Sarlacc packs, clearanced at 30% off.  Of course, our receipt is too old now for the Sarlacc one I got for Christmas - but I might keep an eye on them if they drop really low and grab the CW one or something.