Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55416 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 06:17 PM »
This is a really great battle pack. I'm glad to see that Hasbro has started to embrace putting some new figures into the packs instead of just re-releases and repaints.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Like everyone has mentioned, a real great battle pack there.  Some much requested characters all in one swoop.  I'm really excited for the Legacy stuff on the way, its looking good.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 07:52 PM »
OMFG.  That transport is gorgeous, as is the pilot and astromech.  Perfect set.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 08:05 PM »
I've got two pretty decent custom sleds already, but now I can add to my Yavin scene with some great variety.  Wow.  This is maybe the most interesting battle pack I've seen them make...

And also, throw on a jacket onto that ground crew guy, and you effectively have a decent Rebel Fleet Trooper... at least good enough for my interests.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Yeah, this is a great set.  I actually want everything in the battlepack.  I don't have to settle for 2 out of 4 good figures/etc. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 10:41 PM »
And also, throw on a jacket onto that ground crew guy, and you effectively have a decent Rebel Fleet Trooper... at least good enough for my interests.

What the hell, they are not even remotely close...way different helmets as well as the different colors

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Don't get Hasbro the idea :-X. That is all we need for another sub par RFT. I don't want anything but a resculpt RFT in the way he should be.

If they want to single card that Tech with some tools and maybe a droid lift or anything else in the ANH hanger bay than cool, but no trying to fit that figure in anywhere he doesn't belong.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 11:59 PM »
Now this is what battle packs should be.  I'm buying - and probably more than one.

Good stuff.

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 12:09 AM »
Are there two Imperial Lt's in the other pack, or one? There are two pictured, but only Lt. Renz listed.

Regardless - well done Hasbro!
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Are there two Imperial Lt's in the other pack, or one? There are two pictured, but only Lt. Renz listed.

Those are in the Assault On The Shield Generator battle pack.  According to RS's notes from the presentation, that set may only include 1 of the Imperial Officers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 12:34 AM »
The return of the mini-rig?  Cool. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 09:17 AM »
This is hands down the coolest thing they showed.  I have wanted that R5, and hell, a Yavin Technician (or whatever you'd call him) for ever.  Awesome.  And the cart, too! 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Great set. What would make it even better is a ladder for the x-wing and some more boxes like the ones that were suppost to come out as a accessory set years ago.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 07:54 PM »
The return of the mini-rig?  Cool. 

I thought the same thing!  I will pick one of these up...the current configuration of the table in my collection room is looking like a hangar with the Falcon, two X-wings and a B-wing...so it would be neat to have that stuff intermingled.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Oh HELLS Yes I'm getting this set!

Way to freakin' go Hasbro! You knocked it out of the park with this set! Man, I've been waiting for the Hangar crew member and Hangar shuttle cart for years! Now to get red leader and his very cool decoed R5 unit on top of it...Blows my mind. I'm getting two of this set for sure. Now here's hoping the Hangar Bay crew member is single carded later to army build, or much better, in a battle pack of 4-5 of them. I'd like 10 of those crew members. (I won't buy that many sets of this though.)

PLEASE Hasbro, soon after you release this set (like 6 months after), please rerelease the figures on card and the crew member in a battle pack.

heck, make it an Ultimate battle pack with a new rebel general not yet made (use the same mold from before but with a different head), Rebel honor guard, 3 rebel grounds crew, another cart, ladders to get up the x-wing and a new x-wing (that is to say a newly redecoed x-wing of a pilot who's x-wing has not yet been made). Oh and of course toss in THAT pilot to go with the set and his specific Astromech. That would make for an awesome scene, IMO.

I'm geniuinely excited about this new battle pack from Hasbro though. Again, sign me up for two of them!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010