Author Topic: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack  (Read 55422 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I didn't care about the helmet until Scott showed the comparison pics. Now I'm a little disappointed. Here's hoping for a last minute modification. Though, it is funny to see that the trooper helmet is just an enhanced tech helmet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 01:27 PM »

According to Adam May's Blog ovet at GH, the Rebel Ground Crew figure may be a prehash of Willrow Hood's body.

And we may not get this figure in the set after all if ICMG is in production at the same time. Seriously, what will they substitute with? A Rebel Honor Guard in grey? The POTJ Imperial Officer/ATST Driver mold? Neither is right, and now that I've seen it, I want this Ground Crew figure!

Way to plan, Hasbro!!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Well there are definate deferences between the rft and the groundcrew, but as far as this figure goes it look like the rft minus the vest and correct pant/boots and H is just calling it the ground crew, why would ground crew need holsters anyway.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 02:14 PM »
And minus the right shirt...  Techs are wearing jumpsuits ala AT-ST Drivers, just a different color and over their boots...  Actually in ROTJ they wear their pants tucked in the boots for some reason, but that's neither here nor there.

The RFT has a shirt on, and separate baggy cargo pants with big pockets (seemingly loaded with gear).  The shirt has flap over the front and buttons up with a large collar very similar to Solo's shirts, but buttoned up.  I don't really find these uniforms a thing alike.  The helmet I think is throwing you guys off that say they're "similar".  They're not...  A jumpsuit is not cargo pants and one of those freaky Han Solo shirts, ya know?  It just isn't accurate.

The helmet in the picture may not have the neck extension.  I honestly can't tell...  It doesn't have the visor, or it doesn't have it painted.  That's "accurate" to a degree...  Most techs didn't have all the junk added to the helmet that RFT's did, except the squawk box on the left side.  They mostly (I think some may have had them) lacked visors and neck extensions/protection.  I'm not positive if they did or didn't have sidearms...  I'm not against that, as they're ultimately military as well, but I don't recall them having the holsters.  Some maybe did...  There is some "mixing" going on with gear and some techs did have visors on their helmets as I recall, but very few.

I hope we don't get screwed out of this figure for the set...  It's perfect looking to me as it is.  If they did a second set, like a variant, I'd much prefer getting either a repainted pilot (2 pilots essentially) in place of the Tech or getting a Yavin Honor Guard wearing a tan hat to make one of the lower ranking officers.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 02:26 PM »
I don't think everyone is quite as concerned about every single detail of each character's appearance down to the length of their fingernails.  Just give us a good Rebel Fleet Trooper, on par with some of the better army builders as of late, and most collectors can finally put it to rest.

Hopefully this tech will still be included.  He looks like a nice addition to the set, and I would like to have a handful of them.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Oh I hear you Jesse do it as accurate is you can H.  With the collar thing though I'm having a hard time seeing under his chin so for all I know it could have a collar or couldn't.  I mean I look at the AT-ST driver, TIE pilot, Imperial Officer, DSG, and I see jumpsuit I don't why when I look at this guy I'm see pant's and shirt kind of guy.

Oh we better be getting this guy, H better not tease us with this and snag him out.  I don't see what ICMG has to do with him.  I rather have this guy littering around in a hanger dio then the 1 lone ICMG that really I'd only buy as a novelty.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Did a quick custom on a EVO snowspeeder pilot, the 2nd set forgot what the guy's name is, and the legs from Vander fit pretty well in the hip joint.  I tried initially just to replace at the knee but it was too lose.  I removed the collar thing and had to scrap some glue off.  Thinking of scaping the ridges off on the bicep, though it doesn't really bother me.  TA DA non Hoth pilot.
I bring this up because it seems most people are thinking that Red leader is VOTC Luke with Red Leader head.  Just kinda wanted to bring up that might not be the case. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2008, 11:03 PM »
I might have to pick this BP up! Looks good!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 6, 2008, 03:35 PM »

As per our front page...  Got a new loose photo of the Technician from the Scramble on Yavin battlepack.  Head on out there to check him out and enjoy.  I do hope this figure sees not just the battlepack, but a single-carded release.  I'd like to stock up heavily on these. ;)

Very funny that the best Rebel action figures are an honor guard and technician...  Not counting pilots of course.  We need some GOOD Rebel soldiers now!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 6, 2008, 03:38 PM »
What kind of knee joints are those?  Are they very-well-hidden ball joints?
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 6, 2008, 03:47 PM »

We need some GOOD Rebel soldiers now!

Just wait for it Jesse that Luke/Deana in stealth armor comic pack is coming out soon.  ;)
That is what I expect in a soldier, not someone in some cargo pants, a multipocket vest, and a bucket for helmet.  Not that it H's fault it's Lucas. 
This guy will look good though prepping an xwing, still doesn't make sense why a mechanic needs to carry around a blaster.  Seems like carrying an umbrella when it's not raining, you're just not going to use it for anything.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Its a torque wrench  ;)

I think this would be a great opportunity for the various major retailers to do an exclusive.  The shown set (with the red R5) for Target, Walmart could have the Blue R3 we see in the background of ANH on the Death Star, and ToyRUs could some other droid (I'm not clear on what their main color is).  It wouldn't be a huge investment, just a couple repaints.  I'm sure a lot of collectors would pick up all three and the grandparent/parent demographic would still buy at atleast the same rate as this set would currently sell at.
I am not the Stig

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Ryan Stiles was a technician on Yavin?   8)

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 6, 2008, 05:50 PM »
King_Maul beat me to it.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Man that is a nice looking figure. I really hope the tooling is availible when this set is ready to hit production, it sure would be a shame if it isn't. I'm definitely going to have to pick up a couple of these battlepacks. I'd be down for a single carded rerelease at some point in the near future too. I could go for a dozen or so of these guys.

I don't mind the blaster/holster at all. It makes sense that everyone would be issued a sidearm. With the Rebels really being a guerrila force, I'd think they would want to have as many personel as possible ready to defend their bases if they were to suddenly come under attack. Hopefully these holsters will be easily removable, so it possible to vary up the troops easily. I'll probaby add some visors in the down position to some of these helmets as well.

Its a torque wrench  ;)

I think this would be a great opportunity for the various major retailers to do an exclusive.  The shown set (with the red R5) for Target, Walmart could have the Blue R3 we see in the background of ANH on the Death Star, and ToyRUs could some other droid (I'm not clear on what their main color is).  It wouldn't be a huge investment, just a couple repaints.  I'm sure a lot of collectors would pick up all three and the grandparent/parent demographic would still buy at atleast the same rate as this set would currently sell at.

I'd definitely be down for something like that. I want to buy at least three anyways. This idea could easily be applied to other figures/battlepacks as well.
"This is the way."