Author Topic: Gentle Giant Indy Mini-Busts  (Read 5983 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Gentle Giant Indy Mini-Busts
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 01:28 PM »
I ordered this and passed on the Qui-Gon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 7, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Did anyone order (and receive) the Indy mini bust?  I guess I'm talking about the ROTLA version, since the TOD one isn't out yet as far as I know.  As I've been picking up a few more Star Wars OT mini busts, I've thought about having one Indy bust to display with them as well - and I was wondering what this bust ended up looking like in person.  If you bought it, would you recommend it?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 7, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I have the PGM version (Australian exclusive in the Mousedroid picture) but haven't opened it yet, mostly because I'm quite leery about the whip being broken.  So it won't come out at all until I have some shelf for it to sit upon. 

I don't know if the regular has shipped though. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 7, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it had shipped either - but I noticed that BBTS has it listed as "in stock" (and cheaper) so I thought maybe it had.  It seemed like this bust has looked different in every picture so far, so I wasn't sure if it was worth picking up or not - or maybe waiting and seeing on the TOD version.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 7, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Don't know whether it will matter or not, but I'd go for the ToD version myself.  I wasn't going to buy the Raiders version until the exclusive with the Idol became available.  Both are fairly iconic, but I prefer the ToD version myself. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 12:03 PM »
This might be old news, but I hadn't seen it mentioned before - I was just looking at pics of the rumored/upcoming Hoth busts over at GentleGiantCollectors.com, and noticed that there is an upcoming EE exclusive Short Round mini bust:

I wonder how far the mini bust line will go for Indy, seeing as so many of the other licensees (other than LEGO) seem to be cooling things off already.