Author Topic: Target Jabba's Palace Rancor with Luke  (Read 40639 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Target Jabba's Palace Rancor with Luke
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Eventually, the UBPs will be clearanced (some stores started this weekend in fact) and when the clearance is over, the Rancors should follow relatively soon after that.

They're marked down to $38 at the stores near me... hopefully soon.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2009, 02:02 AM »
Has anyone gotten a Rancor and opened it yet?

If so, is there supposed to be a special feature that I'm not activating or is the "Rancor Grip" just a bendy-style right hand?

Since this is an exclusive, I'm hesitant to try to joints out too roughly, but I can't get mine to even raise it's right arm! So what good is the bendy hand if I can't raise the arm? I'm a tad bit concerned that mine might be defective.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2009, 02:51 AM »
I assumed it's no different than the FU Rancor, which really is just a leathery rotocast type deal...  Nothing really bendy to mine that I ever noticed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Has anyone gotten a Rancor and opened it yet?

If so, is there supposed to be a special feature that I'm not activating or is the "Rancor Grip" just a bendy-style right hand?

Since this is an exclusive, I'm hesitant to try to joints out too roughly, but I can't get mine to even raise it's right arm! So what good is the bendy hand if I can't raise the arm? I'm a tad bit concerned that mine might be defective.

It's actually just a "bendy" feature, albeit a very difficult to bend one.  The joints on mine are really tight in places (primarily the shoulder joints), so it's not just yours that's being difficult, Pete. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 7, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Hasn't hit the stores yet, but 'scum's resident Target guy says there's a bunch scheduled to hit stores in the near future.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01 PM »
My patience for this to show up at retail is really wearing thin.  I may go the online route if I don't see some news about this showing up at Target stores soon.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37 AM »
I was listening to a SW podcast recently (it may have been Imperial Holonet Radio, can't remember for sure), but they mentioned that one of their forum members that works at Target said that this is an online only exclusive, and that is why you aren't seeing them at retail.  Take that with a huge grain of salt, because obviously it is a "friend of a friend who knows a guy" type of scenario - and, I don't think we've ever heard anything like that before.

That said, I thought these were supposed to show up once the UBP inventory got pushed through the system.  The UBPs have been long gone for awhile at our local stores, and I've never seen a Rancor there.  I ordered one online back when they were available at Target.com (not sure if they still are?), and I'm glad I did.  Hopefully they'll make it to retail as well though, it really is a nice toy.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I smell a Hasbro question coming on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2009, 11:09 AM »
This isn't even on the Target website anymore that I can see...   :(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2009, 11:28 AM »
The on-line allotment sold out at Target.com a few weeks ago...

Every piece of info I have on this set says it's still coming eventually.  My Target spies say they are in the distribution centers just waiting to be released to the stores.  There has been no official word from Target or Hasbro that Target changed their plans to make it "on-line" only.

It's strange to see such a long delay, but I'm not ready to hit the panic button just yet...

I smell a Hasbro question coming on.

I believe Dan Curto (RS) mentioned that they asked Hasbro about the Rancor for this upcoming Q&A session.  Hopefully Hasbro will provide some new info/details when the next batch of ansers hits tomorrow.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2009, 03:39 PM »
I'd heard the endcap that currently (at my Target stores anyway) has the GI Joe jets on it, is where the Rancors are to go...   ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I bought this 3.5 months ago off Target.com. I think it may be an online exclusive, why else would it not have shown up yet, it's been out for awhile. It's worth every penny and literally blows away the TFU one in overall detail.

Just buy it online and save yourself the headache of constant Target runs.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2009, 06:16 PM »
There is a spot on the bottom shelf at a couple of Targets in MN now. SW is the last thing in the aisle now too instead of the first.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2009, 06:32 PM »
I wish they'd just kill that Joe jet endcap already - if that's where the Rancor is going...not like any of them are selling or anything.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2009, 07:14 PM »
There is a spot on the bottom shelf at a couple of Targets in MN now. SW is the last thing in the aisle now too instead of the first.

You mean there is a dedicated location with a price tag for these in the shelves?  I sure hope so.  I checked Target.com and didn't see these available anymore.   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today