Author Topic: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?  (Read 49358 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:45 AM »
We know that Hasbro is paying fairly close attention to how the Falcon and AT-TE sell, so I was curious how many in our community picked one or both of them up.  Did you buy one, both, or multiples?  Do you intend to get either later on?  It will be interesting to see how these big vehicles do.

Personally, I picked up the Falcon at Wal-Mart this weekend.  I would have liked to get the AT-TE, but just can't afford both right now.  I may try to get an AT-TE later on if possible, although I have to figure out the display/space issue before I do that.  I noticed at the stores though, that the AT-TE is packaged smaller than I would have thought, and should be able to stay on the shelves in the regular action figure aisle regularly the way things are set up.  Anyways, did you pick up either of the big vehicles?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Yes, I picked up both. It's not like we're getting a big expensive item like this every so often, so it's not going to price me out of the hobby. One a year, a big item I can handle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:51 AM »
I bought both.  I am happy with that decision.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I want them, but I don't have a place for them at the moment.  Given the cost of initial production, I'm assuming that both of these will be available later on.  Maybe once I've moved into a bigger place and have separate room for the toys.

I definitely intend to get them eventually.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34 AM »
I picked the BMF at Wal-mart and the rest of the vehicles at TRU, got 3 free Holo Grievous'.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Starting out small to begin with so I'll get them eventually, plus I'm hoping there's going to be some sort of sale on these things somewhere.

Sorry Hasbro...I just couldn't afford everything on day 1. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Well I got the Falcon and I WANT the AT-TE but I think I will pass for now anyways. There are so many new figures and such comnig out that I would rather spend the money on plus this whole leg problem with the TE has me worried. Last thing I want is walking into my little SW room only to see my clones crushed under the belly of that beast. It looks cool but the Falcon beat it to my collection.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 11:19 AM »
2 AT-TE's and no Falcon.  The Falcon just doesn't interest me.  It's tied too much to the main characters that I'm just sick to death of.

The AT-TE however is sooooo sweet.  My main interest is army building, and this is right up my alley.

The AT-TE is the undisputed greatest vehicle ever, and the Homing Spider Droid is in my top 5.

We need 3 more biggies:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:23 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Yes, got them both.  Might get another AT-TE later on.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Just the BMF for me.  It wasn't as hard as I thought to plunk down 150 clams, either!  As someone mentioned, one big thing a year is very reasonable, and this thing is probably the best SW toy ever made (plus, I love the fact that the vintage designer did this one too!)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I didn't buy the AT-TE, as I only buy OT vehicles, and I'm not paying $150 for a Falcon, no matter how good it is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 02:08 PM »
The AT-TE is what I bought...  It's perfect.  I honestly am shocked how nice it is, and love it.

I skipped the Falcon, partially due to its size, partially due to it obviously being underscaled and my "rule" as it were, and partially just because of cost.  Not that it isn't a decent price...  I'd call it fair.  But ultimately if it creeps lower I'll try to pick it up.  That was my main issue with picking it up now.  $150 just isn't there in the old budget.

As far as new big stuff... 

I'd like to see Hasbro tackle a to-scale Slave-1, AT-ST, a To-Scale X-Wing, Y-Wing, and maybe B-Wing, and from there I'm not sure.  Those would ultimately make me very content...  The SNowspeeder too, but I didn't list it as it needs decreased in size to be proper, not increased.  The others would need beefed up a bit, but I'd easily pay $60 or $70 for any of them to-scale (save for the AT-ST...  It's not that large).

Dressel, the "Snail Tank" Droid really isn't that big...  They're pretty tiny vehicles that could work easily in the $20 assortment so long as the two sets of side-treads are removable.  It's a fairly small vehicle really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I picked up both, I still have not had time to open either yet. (I had to clear out and organize my stuff first in order to make room. Tonight I am cracking both of these puppies up.) Outside of the animated figures I picked up everything I could, even the B-Wing which is really nice but I digress......

All of the stores I went to still had both items but they had a big dent in their stock. My TRU only had 5 BMF left of 50 they had opening night. Some stores like Target only had only one Falcon in stock. One local ghetto Wal-Mart still has not put out the SW merchandise yet. The lazy employees know they have to but they are dragging their feet. I thought I would have made out awesome there on 7/26 there but I was wrong. Judging by the early sales these look like they did very well. XMas time will really tell the story.

I will pick both up again but would keep the Falcon Boxed. If they scale more vehicles I prefer OTC ones like the AT-AT, AT-ST and a Star Destroyer with a cool bridge. Jabba's Sail Barge would be my choice for the next large vehicle. since Hasbro said they would not make that that most likely means they are working on it right now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:52 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 02:50 PM »
I'd like to see Hasbro tackle a to-scale Slave-1, AT-ST, a To-Scale X-Wing, Y-Wing, and maybe B-Wing, and from there I'm not sure.  Those would ultimately make me very content...  The SNowspeeder too, but I didn't list it as it needs decreased in size to be proper, not increased.  The others would need beefed up a bit, but I'd easily pay $60 or $70 for any of them to-scale (save for the AT-ST...  It's not that large).

I'd like to see that happen too.  The Snowspeeder in particular has always been one of my favorite vehicles, and really didn't realize how oversized it was until you pointed it out Jesse.  Although it would be an all-new sculpt, I really think it is something that could fit into the "starfighter" assortment at $20.  There is a severe lack of OT vehicles in that assortment the way it is, and it would be nice to see some that could fit in there (Cloud Car and AT-ST probably could as well).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 02:57 PM »
This makes me wonder. Which is selling better? The AT-TE or the Falcon. Based on today's small store run, I would say the AT-TE.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours