Author Topic: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?  (Read 49357 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2009, 08:25 PM »
BMF-Yes

ATTE -Yes

Turbo Tank-Yes

And keep in mind I don't even like Clone Wars stuff.

I'm glad my yearly dues to this web site are being well spent.

They waive my dues every year.

They do it for all of the awesome members.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: September 1, 2009, 08:46 PM »
They waive my dues every year.

They do it for all of the awesome members.

Clearly we have made a bookkeeping error somewhere then...

:-*
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2009, 08:53 PM »
BMF...  Yes, on clearance at WM for about $50.  I did this because it's very off-scale, but very iconic.  I intend, quite insanely, to figure a way to hang it from the ceiling.  Anchored properly, it'll hang, but my concerns on how well it'll "display", and so I'm hoping to have it tipped downward so the top/nose are very visible.  It's the Falcon...  I was prepared NOT to get one, but when I could for so cheap, I caved.

Turbo Tard Tank...  Hell no.  The scale's so wildly off that I could not justify it.  It's a great toy, but it's a bad representation of a Turbo Tank.  I would've been more inclined had Hasbro tried less to make it "big" and instead made a small scout version of it that was more designd proportionately around that concept.

AT-TE...  Yes...  The AT-TE's a very well-scaled little vehicle, and I was quite shocked to be honest.  I got two, first one I got at a discount from Hasbro perks that year, and the second I got at a steep discount from Hasbro Toy Shop for free shipping as well.  I would like a 3rd, maybe even a 4th.  I'd love to do an Imperial deco with an accurate interior to the ICS books, and I'd like to muddy up one in a CW deco with an equally accurate interior.  I'll keep one "stock" most likely though as well.  That's kinda why I'd enjoy 4 of them.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 2, 2009, 01:58 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2009, 11:44 PM »
I have supported them and will continue to.

BMF yes, my favorite SW vehicle ever made, hands down.
I want to get another but I want to keep it boxed and get it on clearance. I missed it when it hit $50 at WM, I even watched some beardo walk away with the last eight of them. >:(

AT-TE x2
I really like it and I bought two at $90 when it was on sale when it was first released. I never did get those replacement legs.

Turbo Tank - I have it but I never opened it yet because I am packing getting ready to move. I did buy this with much less enthusiasm because I was not really yearning for it. I am sure it's nice but I am only buying one.

I have supported every one hoping to get a Big Slave One, AT-AT or Sail Barge one day. I am really hoping the Big Slave One is next in line, I think the Turbo Tank will do well just not as well as last years big boys. It seems to be selling slower than the previous ones as many members pointed out. All that may chnge in October when the Christmas shopping season starts.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2009, 12:01 AM »
The Turbo Tank is also going to actually be in the CW season 2.

BMF-Yes.  Full Price

AT-TE-Yes.  Full Price

Turbo Tank-Yes.  Full price, just today.  It's a fun toy, but my 5 year old got frustrated that he couldn't push the speederbike in.  In really does take some strength.

I like the big vehicles, but at this point I'd rather have a good playset than another vehicle.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2009, 12:56 AM »
I've picked up the big 3 (Falcon, AT-TE, Turbo Tank), but have only opened the Falcon so far.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 2, 2009, 01:20 AM »
When I bought the BMF I realised this toy was a must in my collection, because I have never bought any version of the Falcon (They always have been expensive), other reason was the BMF is itself a playset (Dejarik table, gunner station, medic bay, smuggler compartments, etc).

I´m satisfied with the paintjob and decals inside, also with the scale.

When thinking in big vehicles I wonder if Hasbro would make the new Slave I near the BMF size (potf2 and Otc Slave I´s feature a small cockpit for only Boba)

Perhaps an interesting toy would be a Sote Outrider (big size)

More, do you think The current X wing fighter got its definitive size.... or Hasbro will launch a newer, bigger and more complex Incom 65 Xwing?

Finally in a wishlist I want a big ATAT and a big Rebel transport.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I bought an AT-TE and expect to buy a Turbo Tank at some point.  The BMF... I just don't have anywhere to put one of those.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 2, 2009, 07:28 PM »

Perhaps an interesting toy would be a Sote Outrider (big size)

Finally in a wishlist I want a big ATAT and a big Rebel transport.

Maybe next years List to Hasbro at SDCC will include Vehicles...all of those are on my list.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 2, 2009, 08:52 PM »
I bought the AT-TE and the BMF, and I love both of them.

I'm passing on the Turbo Tank. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'd rather save my limited space for the next OT large vehicle offering. I will be buying the Clone Wars Y-Wing though.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 7, 2009, 06:01 PM »
I will pick up the Turbo Tank at some point.  I do think it's a bit overpriced but what Star Wars item is not right now?  Yeah, I have 1 AT-TE and 1 BMF.  I won't ever be able to buy multiples of each.  Unless we are talking 20 years from now.  LOL. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #101 on: September 7, 2009, 06:17 PM »
I bought the AT-TE and the BMF, and I love both of them.

I'm passing on the Turbo Tank. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'd rather save my limited space for the next OT large vehicle offering. I will be buying the Clone Wars Y-Wing though.

The Turbo Tank looks like a fun toy, but not a good collectable.

The BMF Falcon is both, and so is the AT-TE I think (I don't have that one).
« Last Edit: September 8, 2009, 01:10 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 7, 2009, 09:45 PM »
I really would love to have them all, because this is a line that I see worthwhile in the future, and in my defense I've not really supported any of the Clone Wars era figures or vehicles. Unfortunately the BMF was just too expensive to justify especially with the price of a basic figure skyrocketing past what I termed my limit in the last year or two.

I picked up the AT-TE today as it was on sale at my local TRU, and because I had a $10 off coupon.

I probably will pass on the Turbo-Tank unless it has a similar sale.
-Dhivael

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2009, 12:53 PM »
The Falcon and AT-TE still seem like a sure bet for another 50% sale at TRU. I was at one this morning before bringing my mom in for a pre-biopsy and they must have got another 4 of each in on top of what they have already.

I don't care what H claims but these large vehicles were either produced in far too lrage of numbers, or sales really weren't there.

I know myself, I bought both of these on clearance after XMas last year and am still holding out on the Turbo Tank. One WalMart here is just about done finishing up a remodel and has the Tank on clearance for $85, but I definitely see it going even lower soon.

Just not the right time or economy for such substantial vehicles with such substantial prices.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Hell yes, I'll buy anything with a Clone Wars logo on it. (Except for that educational junk)

I want to see them roll out The Twilight next year at this price point. It would be awesome!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy