Author Topic: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?  (Read 49360 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: The Big Vehicles - Did You Buy Them?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 03:04 PM »
This makes me wonder. Which is selling better? The AT-TE or the Falcon. Based on today's small store run, I would say the AT-TE.

In my Toy runs the BMF sold better. Interesting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 03:07 PM »
As amazed as I am with the Falcon, I'd guess the AT-TE is probably selling better.  Fifty dollars cheaper and never made before at all makes a big difference to a lot of people, and it sounds like those who have picked it up are very happy with it.  Also, it might sound strange, but for some people (especially those with wives/girlfriends with them), the AT-TE might be a little less "intimidating" with the box size and all.  I mean, there's no way around it, the Falcon just looks huge when you see it in the box (and open).  When I put one in my cart at WM, it seemed like a lot of people were looking as I went to check out with it.  Its a big toy.  I was saying in another thread that I was surprised how compact the box for the AT-TE is considering the size of the vehicle.  They should be able to keep that in the regular action figure section for awhile, where as the Falcon almost requires a special display or endcap.  I hope to pick up the AT-TE at some point too, once the budget is replenished (and if I can find somewhere to put it) - but I didn't want to miss out on the Falcon (which is well worth it as well, I think).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I picked up both, I still have not had time to open either yet. (I had to clear out and organize my stuff first in order to make room. Tonight I am cracking both of these puppies up.)

Heh, it's like you and I are joined at the hip. I got one of each and still haven't opened them. Had to make room and still am doing so. Beyond the one of each, I plan on getting at least 1 more AT-TE if not two.

Beyond these two, I also bought:
B-wing
V-19
X3 Homing Spider droids
X2 Hoth speeder bike sets if you would count that towards vehicles.

Those were my main focus for MM and I was successful at getting all I wanted.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Like you Brian, I picked up the Falcon but passed on the AT-TE.  It looks cool and all, but space issues kept me from picking it up.  The Falcon was higher on my list.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 05:04 PM »
I picked up the BMF, but space limitations and a focus toward OT has me holding off on the AT-TE. As it is the size of the Falcon has me tossing one of my display cabinets and going to open shelves. A $150 purchase and ditching a $100 cabinet to spend $50 on shelves has my wife seeing the Falcon as more like a $300 buy.

The Wal Mart store that I purchased mine at did not seem to sell any besides mine that day. I checked out the display first thing in the morning, and came back late in the evening once I had talked myself in to just getting it.

Both the BMF and AT-TE pallets were full, and the damaged boxes I had noticed in the morning were still there.

Once the advertising kicks up with the movie, I expect these to move better. But the prequel/CW vechicle at $99 will probably outpace the falcon for sales.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 05:39 PM »
I bought both, the AT-TE a few weeks ago and the BMF at MM. While I don't have the space to properly display both right now, in the future they'll be come cornerstones for new displays. Both are great toys, fun to play with and look at.

In my area I've noticed that both appear to sell well, not many of either to find so I think striking while the iron was hot was a good call for me.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 05:42 PM »
I bought an AT-TE that leaked out a bit early.  As for the BMF?  I'm holding off on the BMF.  I'm just working on a self-imposed budget, and the BMF tipped the scales that would put me over budget.  I'll probably pick one up in a few weeks.  The price seems to be deterring people from buying them.  I've seen more BMF's than AT-TE's at retail, btw.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Just the AT-TE, due to budget restrictions. I do want the BMF though, and I still plan on buying it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 06:59 PM »
I got the Falcon and love it. I don't buy vehicles so for a one time purchase it's perfect for me. I might pick up the AT-TE later though, but I'm kind of "Cloned out" so that bias is keeping me from buying a lot of Prequel stuff.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Plan to get the AT-TE and would like the Falcon but need to find space.  I did grab a torrent and pilot set with some other carded items.  Got a vacation coming up so I need to keep myself under control.  Christmas could get a little more crazy. 8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I'm in the camp that's seeing more BMF's too, than AT-TE's.  Target's AT-TE's flew off shelves, WM's sometimes didn't even slot space for them.  Their islands of Falcons are readily available though, so I'm seeing a difference in the two...  Definitely more Falcons here.  I think the price and also the lack of it pertaining to CW are issues it may have.  It's much more geared to the collector right now with just a lot of enjoyable kid features too.  I think if a kid, who probably is in this for CW stuff, sees an AT-TE, then that's what they'd prefer.

I'm hoping for a 2nd TE, and if I catch a Falcon on sale later on (kind of what Nick was suggesting with the budget thing I think) then I'll get it too.  $100 and I'd be all over it actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 09:26 AM »
This makes me wonder. Which is selling better? The AT-TE or the Falcon. Based on today's small store run, I would say the AT-TE.

In my Toy runs the BMF sold better.

That's my impression as well. Lots of casual collectors picking this one up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I haven't been back to Target since the weekend, but we hit TRU and WM yesterday and I wanted to check how things were selling.  I mentioned this in the CW forum, but overall the line(s) seem to be selling like crazy.  The figures and $20 vehicles (V-19 especially) in particular are nearly wiped out where I went.  I checked the aisle display thingy with the Falcons, figures, and lightsabers - and I think nearly all the Falcons were still there aside from the one I picked up (or it was restocked already).  There might have been one more gone.  Granted, its only been a couple days and it might pick up around Christmas time.

WM had two AT-TEs stocked in the regular aisle, but I'm not sure how many they had out on Saturday morning.  I am hoping its a vehicle they keep stocked through the rest of the year.  I'd like to get one eventually, if I can find the room for it.  Like others, I need to do some reorganizing to see where this is all going to fit.

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Purchased both.  With all of the Ep IV sounds I've just got to set it up with ANH scenes; I'll use the old MF for ESB.  Sadly, Yarna could not fit into the gun turret as I had hoped.  :(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 11:50 AM »
I was very tempted to buy the Falcon this weekend, but I also made plans to visit Vegas again in October, so buying either of these is off the table until I get back.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk