Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Golf
« Reply #45 on: January 7, 2005, 01:56 PM »
No draft, I guess the strategy is that you can only have a guy for 10 tournaments (approx 40) so you need to play them when they are hot and fit the course right I'd guess

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 7, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Yep, and I think the 10 start max will limit how dominating you can be with your roster. By not being able to plug in those players every single week they play, you'll have to be more creative on who you draft and who you start, which should make it more fun.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: January 7, 2005, 02:01 PM »
http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Group Name: JediDefender
Group Number: 5444
password: berry

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2005, 01:03 PM »
Bump :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Man, what a great Masters this weekend!  The final round is one of my personal favorite TV moments.  I don't usually have enough time to watch anything beyond that but it was a another great one

Tiger's shot on 16 where the ball dropped after hanging on the lip of the cup was one in a million. Great sports moment and he truly is the man and I admire the hell out of that guy.  I usually root for the underdog but not in his case, I love watching him compete :)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Tiger is the best.  He lives for the competition.  I knew he would win after that shot.  DiMarco is still the bridesmaid.  He'll probably win a major eventually.  If Mickelson can, he can, too. 
I never hit an ace, but I came close once.  I was playing at Maple Hills before it was turned into a townhome park  :-[
And I was hitting on hole 6 or 7, the one that was at the top of the hill where you hit out of the trees.  This was before they bulldozed that hill and changed the course.  I hit the ball straight at the stick and it hit the stick, dropped down and nearly bounced into the cup.  It rolled a few feet away and I was able to putt it in from there.
Any fellow Minnesotans know what the heck happened to Country View in Maplewood?  I drove by there recently for the first time in a while and noticed it was closed up.  I can't believe they weren't making money.  That place was always packed.  One less par 3 in the area..... >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 01:58 PM »
On the north side of the course they are putting in a new County Road D.  The dig on the west side of 61 is all for that as well.  The course is being put up for serious bucks, rumor has it Lowe's is the front runner for the property.  I'm actually hoping for Wal-Mart, a new large model instead of the piece of crap in Vadnais.

You should have seen the grass at Country View last summer!  I thought of the fact that if the world population was wiped from the earth this is how the grass would look, with all of the fertilizing and stuff people do.  It was pretty neat actually.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2005, 02:52 PM »

You should have seen the grass at Country View last summer!  I thought of the fact that if the world population was wiped from the earth this is how the grass would look, with all of the fertilizing and stuff people do.  It was pretty neat actually.

Except nobody would be mowing it, so we'd revert to tall grass prairie varieties.  The way it was 300 years ago, for the most part. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2005, 03:13 PM »
Yeah eventually, but for a few years it'd all be 5 feet tall.  It was very pretty too, blues and reds mixed in to the greens. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Yeah eventually, but for a few years it'd all be 5 feet tall.  It was very pretty too, blues and reds mixed in to the greens. 

Yeah, a few times we drove past there, the grass was really cool... seemed so strange though that the golf course was over-grown like that.

Imagine all the woodticks living in there...  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Tiger's shot on 16 where the ball dropped after hanging on the lip of the cup was one in a million. Great sports moment and he truly is the man and I admire the hell out of that guy.  I usually root for the underdog but not in his case, I love watching him compete :)

Actually, Tiger has practically become the underdog over the last couple years, so I think a lot of folks were rooting for him in this case, just to re-ascend to the top of the golfing world once again, so that all will be back to "normal".  With him playing subpar the last few years, I think it's kind of hurt the sport, since folks loved to watch him at the top of his game, and loved to root for the underdogs to get a crack at him.  Now that he's back on the top, at least for now, it seems to set everything right in the golf world again.  Just like with Jordan, or any other top athlete/team.  You want them to be at their best, so when any others beat them, the excitement is just that much more.  So I think a lot of people were thrilled with Tiger's victory yesterday.  If he wins another major or two this year, then folks can really start chearing for the underdogs to whip him again...

As for that shot on the 16th, definitely one for the ages, and possibly the most dramatic shot of all time, hanging on the lip for several seconds, with so much at stake.  Just like that Kentucky shot in the Elite 8 that bounce around the rim for several seconds as time expired, this was one of those types of sports moments you usually only see fabricated in the movies.  Just incredible to see something like this happen in real life.  What a shot.

After the conclusion there, we pulled out a few irons, and went and hit some balls around our neighborhood golf course.  Fun, but frustrating, after watching the pros make it look so damned easy...  :-\

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2005, 11:31 PM »
I guess that land is far too valuable to have a golf course on it  only used for five or six months out of the year.  That's too bad.  I was not happy with the loss of Maple Hills and now they took away Country View also.  Oh well, it's not like I went there last year.  That's what getting married will do to you, though.  This summer my wife will have our first little guy, so I'll have even less time and money for golfing, but I'll be fine with that. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2005, 11:37 PM »
True that, I used to go golfing like 6-10 times a summer, as much was possible with work schedule and all, but after little guy #1 and now little guy #2, Golf has taken a back seat for a while.  Sort of like fishing and hunting as well, its just a temporary sort of vacation until they get a little bit bigger and we can go together (as my wife keeps pointing out)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2005, 01:38 PM »
http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Group Name: JediDefender
Group Number: 5444
password: berry

Are you guys still in here?  I've been playing each week, pretty much as a proxy for actually golfing in real life. 

I used to play 25 times a summer.  I've been out once this year :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 12:53 AM »
Yeah

I'm killing Jim...1810 to 0!