Author Topic: College Football 2008  (Read 18170 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2008
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2008, 05:09 PM »
As always, Go Penn State!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Geaux Tigers!!!!

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 08:58 PM »
The title goes back to Gainesville this year guys.  Sorry to ruin the whole thing for you in July.

Ouch.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Yeah, that was disappointing.  But it's not quite over yet... there's going to be a lot of one-loss teams out there especially with Georgia getting steamrolled at the moment...

Dammit - spoke too soon on Georgia too.   :P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:06 PM by Rob »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2008, 03:57 AM »
Go Utes.  Again.  6-0, and the first team to lock in eligibility for a bowl.

And it's interesting to note that the non-BCS MWC is now 6-1 against the Pac-10.

Chip on my shoulder?

Maybe.  Yeah.  A little.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: October 5, 2008, 10:33 PM »
The alma mater is 5-1, a year after going 1-11...Pasadena?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Another wild year. I'm on my side of the street rooting for Penn State and my neighbor across the street, also a collector, is rooting for Alabama. Great weekend for both of us.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 12:05 AM »
The alma mater is 5-1, a year after going 1-11...Pasadena?

Ahem...6-1

Pretty easy schedule the rest of the way...

@ Purdue
Northwestern
Michigan
@ Wisconsin
Iowa

@ Purdue and Wisconsin are really tough and the Gophers have been terrible vs both those teams for years...we'll see.  This sort of reminds me of the 1997 Final Four run where they just kept winning and winning and not many people paid much attention to them

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Up to #17 in the BCS...7-1

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 2, 2008, 12:14 AM »
7-2, will they be ranked?

In other news, Texas Tech is officially a top contender for the National Championship. :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: November 2, 2008, 12:35 AM »
Big 12 South just got a whole lot more interesting. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 2, 2008, 01:38 AM »
Well, the last time Tech beat Texas was 2002, the same year Texas A&M beat (a #1 ranked) Oklahoma. Can the same thing happen next week?

No, it won't
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 2, 2008, 07:24 AM »
Last nights Tech game was the greatest game I have ever seen them play, including that Bowl game where they got the opposing Coach fired.

I assume from all the Text Messages I got from friends and fellow Grads, that I must be the only Tech fan who was not there.

Having been a Tech fan long enough, I know that they will choke in one or all of the next 3 and last nights game will be useless.

Oh well we are Bowl Eligible.  Let's Hope Cotton Bowl...30 minute drive to the game.

Now to the BCS.... If there are any 1 loss teams ahead of Tech in the Rankings, then the whole BCS is bogus. I don't think they deserve  #1, (Alabama has earned that)...but I don't think USC, Oklahoma or Florida(sorry Rob) should be ahead of a 9-0 team from a BCS Conference.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 2, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Oh well we are Bowl Eligible.  Let's Hope Cotton Bowl...30 minute drive to the game.

If Florida can't figure out how to be a 1-loss team in the championship, I'd like them to end up here as well.

But it's more like a 3 minute drive for me.   ;D

Now to the BCS.... If there are any 1 loss teams ahead of Tech in the Rankings, then the whole BCS is bogus. I don't think they deserve  #1, (Alabama has earned that)...but I don't think USC, Oklahoma or Florida(sorry Rob) should be ahead of a 9-0 team from a BCS Conference.

The whole BCS thing is already bogus.  It's lame, there should be a 4 or an 8 team playoff and just about everyone who is even mildly interested in college football agrees.  Who is on the bubble between slot 4 and 5 or between slot 8 and 9 is far less consequential than leaving an undefeated team out of the top 2.  Of course, everyone keeps saying that this thing is too entrenched and that we'll never see it...

That said, Florida ****** themselves with that 1 point loss - because since then they have been the best team in the country, steam rolling Arkansas 38-7, embarrassing No. 4 LSU 51-21, killing Kentucy 63-5, and yesterday throttling No. 6 Georgia 49-10.

That's 201 points scored vs. 43 points given up, and with two top 6 teams in that mix. 

I do think that to get in it'll take Penn State or Tech being upset, but if they end up playing Alabama in the SEC championship game and beat the snot out of them too, then they should most definitely be the first 1-loss team up for consideration.

The new BCS standings will be interesting to see.  I think Florida could be as high as 4.

« Last Edit: November 2, 2008, 11:29 AM by Rob »