Author Topic: Legacy Collection Pegwarmers?  (Read 12151 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Pegwarmers?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 11:27 AM »
I've mainly been to Target lately, but like I've said earlier, they are pretty much sold out of almost anything SW-related (figure lines mainly, there are still things like Transformers, the Arena GH set, and now a few UBPs).  Battle packs are gone, $20 vehicles are gone, the "big" vehicles are sold out, and the figure section was bare except for 3 Yarnas.  That store has since gotten in one case of CW 3 the way it looked, as I saw a Dooku and a few others from that wave there last time I was in the store.  Otherwise, things have seemed to have sold quite well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Targets have a TON of stuff here.  WM on the other hand is obliterated and has barely anything.  Even Yarna's not that abundant at WM.  Target though, you can get a ton of **** there.  I got a Grievous (Legacy) and IG-86 there just yesterday.  Wanted extras of both of those for sure.

AT-TE's are ALL gone though.  None...  Falcons, still around and even at $99.  I may get one at $99, I'm debating on this one now.  TE's though, are clearly the winner in my area.  I haven't seen one since November I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10 AM »
The Target's around here are pretty bear SW wise. Sure, there's some figures on the shelves, but they're 80-90% empty and there's little consistency as to what's left.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 10:33 AM »
The two Targets closest to me each have about 4-5 Yarnas and 3-4 Brehas on the pegs and that's it.  Both have other clearance toys "flexed" into the SW space to help fill out the aisle...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Yarn clearly is 2008's Pegwarmer of the year. Bree would come in at #2. All stores got wiped out for the exception of Yarna, my local TRU has 5 full pegs of her. I crack up every time I see it.

My local WM has 8 Falcons left, I will start checking the price, I will pick up another Falcon if the price is $68 or less....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 08:20 AM »
Like others, the pegwarmer of the year around here is definitely Yarna or Breha Organa.  The Target closest to us has one basic figure on the pegs, Yarna, and WM has a mix of Yarna and Breha (although they did seem to get another case of TLC Wave 4 in as well recently).  The BMF is sold out at Target and TRU, but its hit $99 at WM (3 of them left).  No signs of the AT-TE anywhere that I've seen.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:21 AM by Brian »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #36 on: February 1, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Falcons, still around and even at $99.  I may get one at $99, I'm debating on this one now.  TE's though, are clearly the winner in my area.  I haven't seen one since November I think.

Jesse, if you haven't picked up a Falcon yet, I highly recommend it. It really is a thing of beauty.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 1, 2009, 08:23 PM »
I was in the TRU flagship store last night.  And I saw peg after peg filled with Yarna.

::)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 12:47 PM »
I went to Target the other day. Currently, there are a few pegwarmers that stand out:

Yarna
Ak-Rev (There's still a 1st Day of Issue figure sitting there. Sad.)
Plo Koon (3D cartoon version) ???
IG-86
Padme (3D cartoon version)

And at $8.79, they're not going anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:48 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Like others, the pegwarmer of the year around here is definitely Yarna or Breha Organa.  The Target closest to us has one basic figure on the pegs, Yarna, and WM has a mix of Yarna and Breha (although they did seem to get another case of TLC Wave 4 in as well recently).  The BMF is sold out at Target and TRU, but its hit $99 at WM (3 of them left).  No signs of the AT-TE anywhere that I've seen.

Weird. I still see BMF at walmart and TRU for $160.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 06:52 PM »
Although it varies a little bit store to store, I visited TRU today and counted up what they had for figures on the pegs.  Twenty three total basic figures, of those 12 were Yarnas, 5 were Legends Plo Koons, 5 were Clone Wars Oddball figures, and there was a lone Brainiac on the pegs.  Those have pretty much been the same figures they've had there for awhile, so the recent "2 for $11" sale didn't do a lot of good :).

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 06:59 PM »
It defineately looks like Brainiac is the wave 5 pegwarmer.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 8, 2009, 03:07 PM »
I hit our local WM for the first time in awhile today, and it was pegs full of basically the same 6 figures: Yarna, Breha, Legends SaeSee Tiin, and the 3 Cantina Aliens from Wave 5.  They actually didn't have a single other figure on the pegs from any of the three lines at all, but the pegs were stocked full of these 6.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2009, 03:26 AM »
Around me, it's a mix...  Repacks of Wave 4 have now started chilling on the pegs too much with Wave 5 remnants.  While the Spacetroopers are all gone, all the other figures of the wave (well, nix that, Kenobi and Jawa are both gone too) are available.  Luke/Han Stormie are equally bad pegwarmers to the Cantina guys.

TONS of Legends everywhere though Plo Koon and Sae Sae are the most abundant.  Still, I see lots of everyone else.

I also see tons of CW figures, everywhere...  I know Hasbro says they're selling great, but I think they're starting to stall a little too.  Clones seem to move better, as do Obi/Ani/Ahsoka...  I see lots of Grievous, lots of Destroyer Droids, lots of Dooku...  That line's got its pegwarmers for sure.  SBD's galore too...  The regular BD moves as well as the Clones though.

What I'm shocked at is how quickly, and seemingly thorough, the repaint wave of Legacy figures sold.  Those were in/out in no time and never seemed to get repacked.  I bet that's the most uncommon BAD figure out there.  I would've liked a few more Engineers I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2009, 07:26 AM »
What I'm shocked at is how quickly, and seemingly thorough, the repaint wave of Legacy figures sold.  Those were in/out in no time and never seemed to get repacked.  I bet that's the most uncommon BAD figure out there.  I would've liked a few more Engineers I think.

You're in luck then as he's repacked in the Wv 6 assortment. I picked up a couple as I really dig that version of him.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird