Author Topic: Doctor Who Toys  (Read 9831 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Doctor Who Toys
« on: August 5, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Anyone else pick some of these up?

I've been picking pieces up at Comic-Con over the last two years, they have the best prices. I've picked up all the different Daleks and the last two Doctors. I like them, they're decently made.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Doctor Who Toys
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2008, 11:13 PM »
I have a few of these- 9th and 10th Doctors, Rose w/ K-9, Captain Jack, Cyberman, Werewolf, and a couple Krillitanes.

I'd like to get a few more, but they are so far down my list of things to buy. It doesn't help that they all have to be ordered online. I do plan on buying the Tom Baker Doctor figure, though. That one is great. Reminds me of Friday nights in my early teens when I used to watch Doctor Who and Red Dwarf on public television.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2008, 02:40 PM »
I haven't snagged any of the figures. I have a remote controlled K-9 and the Tartis Playset though. I just need the 1st season doctor and Rose for it. I was only into the first season (I got rid of cable after that) so I only want the characters from the 1st season.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Cool new classic stuff due out. 4th and 6th Doctors, robots of death, Zygons and others, all with a buildable robot from Tom Bakers first story. In addition, there's a Stolen Earth set due out with Davros and the Supreme Dalek.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:24 AM »
I found a comic store here in Iowa that has a TON of these on the shelf. I almost bought $100 worth of stuff, but then I remembered that I have rent due this week. So I left it all there. It was neat to see all the new stuff. No 4th Doctor figures, but I did see the 5th and some other stuff I didn't even know was being released.

I take it this line is to Britain what Star Wars is here. There's such scope and breadth to this line that's it's really amazing.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I definitely going to be spending more on Doctor Who than on SW this next comic-con. The new Cybermen set with a build-a-cyberman will certainly be the top of the list.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 11:10 AM »
What store was this Ben?  Local?

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 04:21 PM »
If I'm guessing right, he is talking about Mayhem Comics in Des Moines.

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 06:12 PM »
It was actually the Mayhem in Ames on Lincoln Way. Haven't hit the one in DM yet.  :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2009, 03:40 PM »
I wouldn't mind picking some of these up myself.  I love the Who.  I was watching it on PBS last night, and was dismayed to learn that though they will continue with the new Who, they will no longer be broadcasting the originals.  I think IPTV has been doing it since the beginning more or less, and I can remember as a kid, as a teenager, and as an adult coming in and out of the series.  The run ends about where the original did, late in the 80's with Sylvester McCoy, but I wish it were continuing.   :(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Wound up picking up several figures ahead of my impending SDCC DW spending spree. I picked up a 6 pack of Cybermen, one being the damaged one, the Tenth Doctor Cyberleader and the Sontaran set with Donna. Nice figures every one.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Just finished opening up my Comic-Con haul. I picked up: Davros, Red supreme Dalek, Time lord, Captain Jack with Hand, 5th Doctor, 6th Doctor, 1st Doctor (color), 2nd Doctor (color), 4th Doctor 4pack, Dalek set #1 and Dalek set #2. They didn't have the Age of Steel set. I missed the 3rd Doctor which they must have added on the last day.  :(

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 10:24 PM »
Third Doctor (in two different 2-packs) is due next month, so you didn't miss it yet.  I'd love to see pictures of the 4th Doctor Adventure Set (or whatever they're calling it) and the second Dalek pack if you can take any - haven't seen many in-hand pictures of those yet.  Nice haul!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 1, 2009, 11:08 AM »
I've opened everything. Is loose okay?

They had both packaged samples of the 3rd Doctor at Comic-con (which I never saw, despite the fact that I walked by the booth a couple of time per day. Saw the loose samples though.) You're right, I can't be sure if any were for sale, but it seems like they're available on-line now at Undergound. I have to pace myself, so I won't be trying to order him for another week.

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 1, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Loose would be wonderful - that's how they'll look eventually when I get them anyway!