Author Topic: New to JD  (Read 2849 times)

Offline SidiouslyDarth

• Youngling
  • Groovy
    • View Profile
New to JD
« on: August 9, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Hi all!

I've been posting for quite some time over at rebelscum but was told these forums were worth checking out. Some of the NC posters there may be looking for a new home.

I'm looking forward to posting here and talking with you all.
Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: New to JD
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Welcome to the boards.  Where in NC are you from?  My first operational assignment was out at the Dare County Bomb Range and I lived out on Roanoke Island.  Beautiful place and wish to go back soon.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Hey Sidiously Darth...

Glad to have you come by.  If you NC guys are going to be making a strong presence here, get in touch with some of the staff.  Our finds threads are pretty solid and the larger communities get their own sub-forum for their activity as well so you'll have a home.  Kind of a club within the larger club here.

Talk a bit about your collecting habits if you want.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SidiouslyDarth

• Youngling
  • Groovy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:57 PM »
Thanks!!!

I live in Smithfield, NC. I originally grew up here but moved back about 3 years ago b/c of family issues. Lived in the Orlando area for 8 years before moving back.

Anyway, I've been focusing more on the 25th Anniv. Joe line but had collected just about everything modern SW up until the new Clone Wars and Legacy lines. I've finally hit a point where there is just to much product. My focus now will be on collecting for scenes such as the Cantina, Jabbas Palace and some other diorama pieces that I own.

I look forward to posting here and helping out with the NC community.  ;D
Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Hello to a fellow North Carolinian!  I live in Harrisburg just north of Charlotte.  Welcome to JD!  :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth_Zirock

• Youngling
  • There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Hey, I'm in Gaston County, just off I-85. Make regular runs to Charlotte, Gastonia, Lincolnton, Hickory, Shelby, Concord/Kannapolis, York SC, Gaffney SC, and Rock Hill, SC.