Author Topic: Anyone making Custom Indy figures to fill out your collection?  (Read 7916 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Just curious if anyone's considering some "customs", though some may be pretty simplistic/easy I think, to fill out their collection...

Maybe a German Disguise Indy, or perhaps a Colonel Dietrich?  What about a decent Cairo Streets Indy since the whipping action one is lame?

I have a couple customs I'd like to do pertaining to IJ specifically...  I'm definitely wanting to do a German bike with sidecar for Indy/Henry Sr., maybe a German bike w/sidecar for desert chase scene...

Considering Hasbro's killing the line one ****** case assortment at a time, I figured maybe some of you were considering some "simple" customs, even if customizing isn't your normal way to get your jollies, just to flesh out the display shelf a little.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 11:46 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: So will you try to make figures to fill the collection a little?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:03 PM »
I picked up an extra German 2-pack at Target this week... planning to use one of them to make a German Officer Indy.  I'm thinking of using the RPG Indy head since he's plentiful and has no hat.

I've also picked up a few extra Russians/Ugha to customize/headswap so I can add some variety there.  I've also seen some nice "white suit" Belloq recipes out there using TLC Indy as the base figure, so I'm thinking I might try that if I'm stuck with an extra TLC Indy in my TOD case.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Can anyone make a Toht.  LOL!  That really bugs me not to have that melty one.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:39 PM »
I've already filled a few spaces with some really easy head swaps.  I made a German Disguise Indy with a German soldier and a rocket launcher Indy head (and some age reducing paint).  I made a Professor Indy from KOTCS with yet another rocket launcher Indy head and a Sr. body, and last but not least I also made a Cario Indy with a Temple Trap head and the body from the Ark Indy, which underneath the robes is more scruffy and suitably sweat stained.   :)

I'm looking at doing the same sidecar custom everyone else is doing too, but I'd much prefer Hasbro to fill these holes for me.   :(

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:28 PM »
I wanted a rugged, beat- the- crap outta someone Indy, so I used the following:
KOTCS Indy legs and head, cut down, hair painted and hat from DX horse Indy
TOD Indy torso (I know-sacrilege!)
Arms, jacket, satchel and belt from LC Indy
Finally, I wanted him to be fightin' mad, so I used the right (gloved) clenched fist from GI Joe Shipwreck, and open left from the same, but haven't painted them a leather color yet. I'd really like to do another and dusty him up a bit, but we'll see how easy the TOD Indy is to come by...Also hoping someone has a good recipe for a Nepal Marion.
Sorry no pics, but trust me, its a pretty good recipe :)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:33 PM »
I just bought one of these. It's a 1:18 motorcycle w/sidecar, and the total with shipping came to only $6.44. Sweet!!!! :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 11:24 PM »
With some work and a Deluxe German Bike, that can be one sweet custom.  Good luck!

I have similar ideas to most of you guys...  I'm thinking of just using RPG Indy and a Deluxe Indy carved out hat to make a Cairo Indy...  I'm gonna do the obligatory German Indy too, but not sure what to do about the weaon yet, and want to remove the MP40 ammo pouch since Indy only had on K98 rifle ammo pouches....

I've pondered how to do Toht, but I'm coming up empty.  Hasbro had that Cobra Commander body and that was great but nowhere near available.

I think there's a 3.75" "Bruce Wayne" Batman figure out there somewhere in a suit...  There was a Spy Kids guy that looked like Dr. Phil in a suit too.  Too tall though...  Need cut down somehow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I don't do customs if it involves elements outside of what the figures already have, but I did buy a Last Crusade Indy and Henry for the purpose of making an Indy professor suit figure.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 2, 2009, 03:17 PM »
Like Pieter, I'm not much of a customizer myself. If I can boil and pop or swap heads then I'm ok. If I have get out a dremmel or paint then I avoid the project like the plague.

Like I posted in another thread, I made an Indy in a Suit custom by combining the TLC Indy with his Dad's arms, crotch & legs. That was a simple boil and pop.

I'm trying to find an Indy on Horse deluxe that I can take the legs and crotch from to combine with another TLC Indy to make a version that will sit well on the German motorcycle. I'm also going to take the head from that figure and combine it with the body of an Indy w/Ark deluxe figure for a quick-and-easy Streets of Cairo Indy figure.

I thought about trying Indy in German soldier disguise, but I'm going to hold out hope that one day, that figure will be released.

Can anyone share the Belloq in the White Suit receipe? I guess it's probably advanced since the only Belloq figure there is has the headress.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 2, 2009, 06:22 PM »
I did some simple head swaps on the Cairo Thug figures.  I forgot one in the following picture; Cairo Swordsman body with Cairo Thug 2-pack head.  Very simple.  I didn't look to see if any of these heads fit on a Sallah body but that might be another easy one.

I want to do a Professor Indy figure with Henry as the base but I need to look at some other customs and the film again to find out exactly what the best parts might be.  I may skip it if it requires painting, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2009, 11:35 AM »
All my desire to customize this line into anything but Star Wars faded several months ago.

I have several TOD figures arriving in the mail next week that will actually all be turned into SW customs.