Author Topic: David's Collection - 8/13/08 - PIC HEAVY!  (Read 6502 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
David's Collection - 8/13/08 - PIC HEAVY!
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:22 PM »
I got bored and decided to go check out my old collection photos. Yuck. Very, very outdated. So I took some new ones! Enjoy and LMK what you think!

I'm very happy with my collection at the moment. I gotta admit, if I have a favorite part it's the Muggs and the Indy stuff. Oh and the Mygeeto Bridge diorama.

There are some major holes I wish I could fill. Vogel, who is currently on his way from JACKOFTRADZE as a matter of fact. Stormtrooper, Obi-Wan, and Jango Mighty Muggs, to complete the first four waves. And the rest of the SE Max Rebo Band for the Jabba's Palace/Cantina/Alien Freaks section I've accumulated. Oh well, when it starts raining twenty dollar bills I may be able to eventually make all these dreams a reality. :-\

A few forum members here have contributed majorly to my collection since last time I posted collection pics in 200(6?). Darth_Anton made the quickly growing Imperial Army you see here possible through a very, very generous trade when he was trying to get of some of his billion Commtech stormtroopers. Also, I've bought/traded for a lot of this stuff from JACKOFTRADZE. We've had around, I dunno, umpteen transactions here so a lot of my stuff was from him. And of course, yours truly, David, who got himself a summer job to pay for most of the 7/26 and Indy stuff. It turns out paychecks make a lot more things possible as far as supporting a dorky fun hobby goes, so that was very nice.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy the new pics. Once again, LMK what you think! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: David's Collection - 8/13/08 - PIC HEAVY!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:01 AM »
nice vintage vader. and look at those cool SDCC mugs  ;)...
He's no good to me open

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Still love that Mygeeto battle set up.  Very cool.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 06:03 PM »
I like the Imperial setup... I wish Targets in my area had stocked the TIE Bomber... Didn't see a single one.

Great collection.  :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 01:17 AM »
Wow dude... really nice collection! My favorite bits have to be the Clone Wars shelf and the Mygeeto Bridge. I remember seeing your pics of that dio a year or so ago, but I never fully grasped the size until now. The fact that you can fit an AT-TE on there and still have leftover space is amazing. Awesome stuff all around buddy!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:29 PM »
solrac: Yeah, those SDCC Muggs are pretty cool, I guess. ;)

Matt_Fury: Thanks for looking! The Mygeeto set-up is definitely one of the coolest things in my collection. The only problem is it takes up a lot of space and is always a challenge to display. It's moved four times since its creation.

Reid: Thanks, the Imperials were just set up like that very recently so it was nice to get some feedback regarding the display. I only saw the TIE Bomber once, in a completely different section of the store. Last year it was my Christmas present to me.

Greg: The Clone Wars figures are probably among my favorite figures to look at, especially now that they made the Scuba Troopers and the fishies. The Mygeeto bridge is made from a 4x2 ft. slab of insulating foam, so it's pretty huge. I'm probably gonna take the AT-TE off the bridge pretty soon and pose it walking up the wall to save space/in the spirit of the new movie. Thanks for looking, buddy!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Nice to see that the troops found a great home.  :)

Great displays too. Love seeing people who open their stuff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Nice to see that the troops found a great home.  :)

Great displays too. Love seeing people who open their stuff.

It hasn't always been that way (the opening stuff part, not the great home part ;)). For a long, long time I kept most of my stuff carded. But when that just got boring, sometime around when I joined JD in late 2006, I just ripped everything open and I've never regretted it. Opening the figures is just so much more fun! The posing, the displaying, the diorama-building, the customizing...that pleasant aroma that bursts out when tearing them open... :D

Thanks for checking out my collection! :)

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 12:24 PM »
I got to get me one of those clonewars poster..... :P

Very nice collection bytheway.. ;)
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Astro Galaxy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Astro Galaxy
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Nice collections!
I like the Mighty Muggs and Vintage Vader very much!  ;)