Author Topic: Need some customizer's help.  (Read 3229 times)

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
Need some customizer's help.
« on: June 26, 2003, 10:39 PM »
Hope this isn't too OT .. crosses fingers ..

OK, so I know its not Star Wars, but I need some help.  Don't ask me how, but my 4 year old son managed to pull the head off his Spiderman & Friends Fireman Spidy fig!.

Any ideas on how to get it back in??

I tried just forcing it in, and I can't find any obvious screws or anything to open the fig?

Any tips??

Thanks,

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Need some customizer's help.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 10:50 PM »
First of all, that's a pretty funny looking figure Scott!   ;D

I'm not much of a customizer really, and I'm sure the experts will be by shortly with better ideas, but I'd probably just try to heat up the neck peg (which I assume is sticking out of the head), and then try to pop it back into place when it's hot and pliable.  You could heat it up with either a hairdryer or by submerging it in some hot water.

But I'd wait for a couple more ideas from the fellas here before proceeding.  Good luck Scott!  Let us know how it turns out...

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 11:07 PM »
Heat up the neck peg, why didn't I think of that??

Maybe its because I am too busy working my darn car... well that's another issue.  I already have a thread running on Corey's gf Aly's Corsica Message Board, hopefully I'll have that fixed by Sat!  Car probs frustrate the heck out of me!!  Anyway, enough rant.... ;)

Here are some close ups for the experts (you can see my car repair manual in the back groud lol)...

Heating up the neck peg should work.. hopefully its sad to watch a 4 year old play with a headless toy... ;)

Thanks,

Scott

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 11:43 PM »
Scott,

Try boiling some water (Really bring it to a boil, not just "hot"), and dump t he head it...  Judging by the plastic, from what I can see, it's probably basicaly the same pliable plastic Hasbro uses on SW figure heads and limbs.  the pliable plastic's used so that figures don't become "loose" at their joints (remember how G.I. joes used to get?  Or a vintage 3PO figure?).

Basically, you leave it set for 30 seconds or a minute even.  You pull it out with tongs, try to dry it a little, but don't let it lose the "heat" it's retaiined to make it really flimsy/rubbery.  Then just force it onto the body.  

That should do the trick for you.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 06:41 PM »
or you do a headswap with a Yoda head or so  ;D

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 08:29 PM »
Just thought I would update you all.

Thanks to everyone for their tips, and I finally got around to implementing them.

Result is one reattached head, and one happy 4 year old!

Thanks!

Scott