Author Topic: Lego 2009  (Read 46082 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2009
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 11:41 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 10:41 PM »
That's incredibly badass.  I don't collect LEGO, but they continue to put out impressive stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 08:36 PM »
That Republic Dropship looks pretty similar to the Republic Gunship from the old Animated Star Wars Clone Wars (Chapter 21)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 08:44 PM »
That Republic Dropship looks pretty similar to the Republic Gunship from the old Animated Star Wars Clone Wars (Chapter 21)

Sort of. To me, it looks more like the TRU Wampa Deco ARC-170 (note the horn) rather than the TSC "Space Whale" Gunship deco.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:45 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 02:18 AM »
This lego combination is fantastic!  I always imagined the drop gunship in the 3 3/4 inch regular vehicle line, but this will probably be a Lego set I'll eventually pick up even though I'm not a Lego collector.  Impressive indeed!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 09:16 AM »
 :o

Wow!  Great looking set.  Am I reading the box right that its 1758 pieces.  That puts it in the $200+ range  :(  Still, I can dream right?  I wonder if the dropship is compatable with either of the AT-TE models, or is they used the AT-OT (that's this model IIRC) for balance reasons.  I'm hoping it was to add some variety to the clone walker fleet.
I am not the Stig

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Yep, over $200. More pics in the linky below.  :)

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker

10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker

-Includes 2 Clone Pilots and 6 Clone Trooper Minifigures
- Foldaway handle on top
- Automatically locks onto AT-OT and has quick release switch for drop and go action
- Dropship is over 18" long and wingspan over 21"
- Includes alternate stickers
- AT-OT walker seats 16 figures
- AT-OT Walker is over 16" long and 5" wide
- Dropship also combines with 7675 AT-TE Walker

LEGO Shop@Home exclusive. Available March 3
1,758 pcs
$249.99 USD/$349.99 CAD

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 09:43 PM »
The dropship with AT-OT looked awesome in person.  And totally massive.

This set was one of my personal favorites.  And apparently the fans voted on this one.

Home One with green squadron A-Wing
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Any info on how many pieces are in the Home One set?  I'd love to get either that one or the AT-OT set, but it looks like both will be outside my price range this year :(
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Any info on how many pieces are in the Home One set?  I'd love to get either that one or the AT-OT set, but it looks like both will be outside my price range this year :(

728 pieces
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:30 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 02:39 PM »

728 pieces
Thanks Jayson, that's a bit more doable!
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54 PM »
That Home One playset with Green Squad A-Wing is simply incredible looking.  Very cool photo Nick, and man that is the kinda stuff that almost sucks me back into Lego.  If I were rich I know this would be the first line I'd pick up above anything else.  SS SW military 12" figures would be a close second but their figures are a bit pricey so that still deters me from getting back into the Star Wars line at all. :(  LEGO just is such a cool innovative line I couldn't resist if I had the extra cash.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 10:56 AM »
That Home One playset with Green Squad A-Wing is simply incredible looking.  Very cool photo Nick, and man that is the kinda stuff that almost sucks me back into Lego.  If I were rich I know this would be the first line I'd pick up above anything else.  SS SW military 12" figures would be a close second but their figures are a bit pricey so that still deters me from getting back into the Star Wars line at all. :(  LEGO just is such a cool innovative line I couldn't resist if I had the extra cash.

I've always been tempted by the LEGO sets as well (the OT ones in particular), and like you Jesse, if I had the money I'd be into those too.  I think it would be a fun line to collect and mess with, but for someone with a budget like mine, it would have to be all I collect (and even then I'd likely have to pick and choose).  Like I said though, the OT sets are always tempting (and I might break on that Echo Base set coming this year), but the cost keeps me away.  I've only ever picked up the MINI Falcon, but have thought about grabbing one of the larger sets to just give them a try.  One of this year's OT sets might be worth picking up.  Which ones are all on the way this year for sure, I remember seeing the Echo Base set, an Endor set, and the Home One set - but I didn't know if there were others.  It seems like the LEGO Toy Fair coverage is a bit tougher to find at some sites.

EDIT: I was just looking through some information at FBTB and they had a link to a grainy scan of a "midi scale" Falcon that might be on the way this year.  I'm totally unfamiliar with the different LEGO terms/sets, but I'm guessing that this might be a little bit more affordable (smaller) Falcon?  If so, this might be my first set.  I always wanted a Falcon, but really couldn't put down the cash for the larger versions.  Is there any more info on this set?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:06 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 11:14 AM »
My word of advice to anyone who is especially on a budget - STAY AWAY.  I started collecting Star Wars in 2000 and managed to stay away from LEGO up until last year when I found a UCS Batmobile clearanced down to $20 (I needed a toy "fix" that day and this was just too good of a deal to pass up)  Eversince then I've been hooked and I know I've dropped over a grand on this stuff since last year, but I'm staying true to just Star Wars sets only. 

I always thought that having Hasbro's version of everything was fine enough, but I was wrong.  Most of these sets are brilliant and have excellent play features - for the kid inside.  Not to mention all the ships that Hasbro is afraid of making.

This stuff is like crack.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN