Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 85979 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2008, 12:38 PM »
It looked like a spoiled brat face to me.  Like he was really pissed off that he couldn't hit his speedy receivers in stride for 60 yard pick ups with ease and was going to stomp his little feet about it instead of staying upbeat and rallying his team.

Perhaps it was just constipation.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Man that Giants game was exciting!  Of course I hate watching a game where your team damn near gives you a heart attack!   :D

Broncos had a good game as well.  I thought they were going to run away with it, but the Saints made a game of it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Lots of good, close games today.  We were going nuts for the 4th quarter and OT of the Bucs/Bears.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 03:04 AM »
The Steelers O-Line and anyone with a blocking assignment sucked many large dicks today.  They all deserve to be fired if they weren't such a bunch of whiney bitch ass contract loser dickheads.  >:(  The O-Line needed reworked from last year, and instead of that they just simply let Faneca go without trying to fix a damn thing with it.  The only reason they ever look good is because Roethlisberger MAKES them look good, and they should be ashamed.  They looked like a bunch of unconditioned 11 year olds. 

And if I see Nate Washington drop one more ball in his hands, I think I'm going to pull my hair out.  I don't know how anyone gets to this level that drops this many easy catches.  ******* moron.

Today sucked but the D was f'n outstanding and kept them in the game with Philly...  I actually had a coach tell the kids once that Defense simply isn't as important as offense...  That coach is a peckerhead for even trying to teach kids that because as I watched today, Defense was all there was to cheer about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Lots of good, close games today.  We were going nuts for the 4th quarter and OT of the Bucs/Bears.

Yup.

Bears D can't hold past the 3Q.  Same thing happened last week.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:21 AM by ruiner »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 08:26 AM »
The most wonderful thing about being a Jets fan is preseason when we all have hope and then of course reality always sets in around week 3. Same old Jets, same old story. I think i should become a freelance fan, it would be much easier.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2008, 05:23 PM »
The most wonderful thing about being a Jets fan is preseason when we all have hope and then of course reality always sets in around week 3. Same old Jets, same old story. I think i should become a freelance fan, it would be much easier.

I think you can still count on 9 big wins from the Jets, they can win 8 of their next 13 easy.  The Patriots and Chargers were 2 tough games at the beginning of their schedule, and the rest of the way is not bad at all.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2008, 10:18 PM »
I think you can still count on 9 big wins from the Jets, they can win 8 of their next 13 easy.  The Patriots and Chargers were 2 tough games at the beginning of their schedule, and the rest of the way is not bad at all.

How tough was the Pats game really though?  That division is a little hard to figure out after watching Miami beat up on the Patriots, who beat up on the Jets, who beat up on the Dolphins.

Meanwhile the Bills are beating up everyone.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 12:25 PM »

How tough was the Pats game really though?  That division is a little hard to figure out after watching Miami beat up on the Patriots, who beat up on the Jets, who beat up on the Dolphins.

Meanwhile the Bills are beating up everyone.

I have no faith in the Jets. I think that 9 games is possible but its not enough to get into the playoffs. If they don't make it in, the season is pretty much a failure and next years puts right back at the same point...without a QB.

As for the Bills, yeah theyare taking the AFC east without question.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 03:04 PM »

I have no faith in the Jets. I think that 9 games is possible but its not enough to get into the playoffs. If they don't make it in, the season is pretty much a failure and next years puts right back at the same point...without a QB.

As for the Bills, yeah theyare taking the AFC east without question.

Okay, well, I'm a Giants fan, not a Jets fan by any stretch of the imagination, but i'll ink them for 9 wins, maybe 10, and a playoff spot.

I'm pretty confident but we'll see.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Well i don't have to give up yet since they won but that third quarter alwasy makes you wonder about them. Still, i can't remember the last time the Jets put up 50 points.

That collision at the end of the game looks really bad in person, not sure how it came off on TV. Glad that it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Once Mangini, the offense and Farve get on the same page, I think you'll see more games like yesterday from the Jets.  I think they'll get the wildcard.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:25 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2008, 10:29 AM »
ONce Mangini, the offense and Farve get on the same page, I think you'll see more games like yesterday from the Jets.  I think they'll get the wildcard.

Define 'like' - because I don't think the Jets are putting 50+ points on anyone again.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Decisive victories.  Not necessarily 50 point blow-outs, but not won or lost in the last two minutes of the game either.
This is the way.

I have spoken.