Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86149 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 10:42 PM »
This may sound grumpy or "playa hatin"...but 2 weeks into the season and I am SICK AND TIRED of players trying to get calls from the refs...pass interference, face mask, Illegal Formation.... STOP the Madness.  I think it took at least till the middle of the season last year before it annoyed me to this point..

For those people who hate on Soccer players for playing up to get the call...this is how it started...it was one or two players who would Fall...and grap their ankle no matter where they were hit (it seemed)... mark my words in a few years..every incomplete pass will have players on both sides calling for Pass Interference....

Ok, I'm over it now...just had to rant...the wife would have said .... "Then don't watch"...and perhaps found something else for me to do...

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 12:36 AM »
no doubt we were lucky to get that call and the chance to win. True on the D. man i'm glad to get this one :)

Broncos should have lost that game.  I only saw the highlights, but they won an earlier challenge on a call that should not have been reviewable and Cutler's fumble at the end was not a forward pass (seeing as how the Ref said he made the wrong call afterwards). 

Looks like the team to beat this year is A. Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.  Dropping 48 large on Detroit? Ouch.  2 and 0 baby!

I was happy to see the bronc's win that one. nice to be up on the division. It really shouldn't of been so close though. i think at one point we were up 3 scores before they came back. I'll take it though. exciting :)

Pack looking good no doubt. I'm happy for rodgers being a cal fan. the falcons put up 34 on detroit though. the Lions have now allowed 921 yards and 82 points in just two weeks.  I'm really looking forward to the pack and cowboys next sunday night should be a really entertaining game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:41 AM by Theo Zissou »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Pack looking good no doubt. I'm happy for rodgers being a cal fan. the falcons put up 34 on detroit though. the Lions have now allowed 921 yards and 82 points in just two weeks.  I'm really looking forward to the pack and cowboys next sunday night should be a really entertaining game.

I'm going to be at that game, so I predict Dallas over Green Bay 38-0  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45 PM »
the wife would have said .... "Then don't watch"...

Hah, so I'm not the only one told this...  This answer always pisses me off about 50% more than I already am too.  It's always at the worst moment to pipe up with smart assed remarks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Mangini's play calling sucks beyond belief as do the refs. Some bad calls in the game.

I know, right.  I saw at least two delay of games on the Jets that weren't called.

My favorite play from yesterday was AT's 20 yard sack of not just the gunslinger, but the running back as well.

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! How bout them Bronc's?  going for the 2 poins and the win! what a game.

If I had just one itsy bitsy bit of like for the Chargers, I'd feel bad for them.  Too bad I think they're all a bunch of whiny bitches.

Brent, were you (and by you, I mean the entire stadium) booing Jackson or the play calling?  I assume the latter, that was horrible.  Running all over the Indy D and then decide to throw on 3rd and short? Wow.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2008, 02:29 PM »
Speaking of whiny bitches... how about Peyton Manning slamming the ground and pouting all over the field yesterday when things weren't going his way?  He's so spoiled when it comes to moving that offense that the minute they hit a wall he acts like a 2 year old who had his lollipop taken away.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Mangini's play calling sucks beyond belief as do the refs. Some bad calls in the game.

I know, right.  I saw at least two delay of games on the Jets that weren't called.

Are you a pats fan? Personally i can admit when the Jets suck like they did yesterday and Mangini sucked. There were like three 12 men on the field penalties, that should not happen. With that said, I think the refs got the offensive pass interference call wrong as with the roughing the passer.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 09:39 PM »

Are you a pats fan?

I am.  I was just pointing out that the bad calls go both ways, that's all.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Speaking of whiny bitches... how about Peyton Manning slamming the ground and pouting all over the field yesterday when things weren't going his way?  He's so spoiled when it comes to moving that offense that the minute they hit a wall he acts like a 2 year old who had his lollipop taken away.

I have to say, I used to think Manning was a pretty good guy, but he had that whiney upset look almost the entire vikings game.  Maybe that's just his look when he's worried, but looked to me like he needed to man-up a little.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 02:32 PM »
My Direct TV signal died just after half-time last night.   :'(

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 03:22 PM »

Comcast wouldn't do that to you!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 05:17 PM »

Comcast wouldn't do that to you!!!
They will cut off your downloads though!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 12:38 AM »
Sunday night the remnants of Ike hit through Ohio and mostly just sent high winds into the Pittsburgh area, so I'm watching the game at my gf's place and figure I'll just pick it up when I get home...  Well her power was fine, I leave and listen on the radio on the ride home, and I get home to no friggin' power...  I spent the last 15 minutes of the game sitting in my car with the wind whipping around outside while I listened to the Steelers, once again, kick Cleveland's ass.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 08:25 AM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 10:18 AM »

I have to say, I used to think Manning was a pretty good guy, but he had that whiney upset look almost the entire vikings game.  Maybe that's just his look when he's worried, but looked to me like he needed to man-up a little.

It looked like a spoiled brat face to me.  Like he was really pissed off that he couldn't hit his speedy receivers in stride for 60 yard pick ups with ease and was going to stomp his little feet about it instead of staying upbeat and rallying his team.