Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86167 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Moore's biggest problem here is that he would not in any way shape or form play hurt.  When Mike Tice was the coach, MeMo was the featured back for a few games and looked like he'd be the guy of the future and would get a little nicked and he was out for like 4 games. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2008, 11:16 PM »
Haven't seen that yet but he was here because of other guys getting hurt...  All our current backs are either emergency pick-ups or guys way low on the depth chart.  Not sure where Moore fit there but I'm thinking he was low on the chart and we picked up Najeh Davenport who was just chillin', for short yardage stuff.

Our top guys were Mendenhall who's new, and Porter of course was our #1 guy. 

I miss Bettis...  The guy's golden, and man watching him power through a d-line and seeing said d-line collapse as he stomped over them, literally, was a thing of beauty.  THAT was f'n football there. :)

Our kids this year were all finesse and speed backs...  We had one kid willing to hit the hole with any kind of force, and about 3 or 4 others that were straight up pussies and would run outside.  Fortunately I think the o-coordinator has his eyes on my gf's youngest to be a lead blocker next year.  He's all friggin' power, though he's small, and he punishes a defense when he plays smash mouth offense against them. 

He loves defense, and I love watching him tackle more than anything, but I'm anxious to see if he gets slotted in at one of the back positions so he's leading the charge through holes.  He's not lightning quick but man, I've seen him almost knock other kids unconscious on blocks when he's at Tight End, and I just imagine he'll be feared if he's a back.   :D 

He and his brother both have the horrible hands though, despite people insisting they get in the depth charts of their teams at QB.  Neither one can throw, neither one can catch well (though both had interceptions this year on D, and Ian actually caught and ran a 25 or so yard reception in for a touchdown after straddling the sideline...  His mother was practically in tears hitting me on the back, she was so excited, but I digress).

They both run like goons too, but they sure as **** hit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Giants/Steelers match-up should be interesting this week.  I think both teams are fairly evenly matched.

Go Giants.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Thank god the Donkeys have a bye this week. I don't think I could sit through another schlacking for awhile after that last game... :-X
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2008, 02:29 AM »
Steelers are really banged up so I'm not sure how even the match is...  Plus, thanks to his inability to stay away from the ganja, we're without Santonio Holmes this week who's been our return guy and as valuable as Ward out there at Receiver...  That's a HUGE loss over 3 blunts.  ::)

I think the Steelers can still beat up on the Giants, but they've got tons of injuries right now, plus I think Polamalu and Roethlisberger aren't either one 100%.  Parker's doubtful too, but I'm still digging Moore...  We're missing some line guys on both sides of the ball, etc.  Even with the bye we had, we're messed up more than I imagined we'd be at this point.  Kind of a bummer, but hopefully the depth is there to make up for it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Hopefully this is good news for those of us with Hines Ward on our Fantasy team.  lately 50ish yards and no TDs after a brilliant start the season.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Well in the JD league, that would be me.  And he had 60 and a TD just last week.   8)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Wow!  What a great game between the Giants and the Steelers today!  Always great to see the two best defensive teams duke it out on the field.  And finally DirecTv has our local stations in HD so I had an awesome view of it all...especially when the Steelers' long snap guy walked off the field and his knee bent in a way that no knee should bend!  I hope he's going to be ok, but I think he will be out for a while.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Well in the JD league, that would be me.  And he had 60 and a TD just last week.   8)

Kudos to you.  How did he do this week?   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Well he wasn't as awesome as Randy Moss, but it's rare for a player to be awesome every week.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 2, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Tennessee remains undefeated in OT. Meanwhile the Cowboys continue to suck. I know what they'll be looking for in the draft.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 2, 2008, 06:44 PM »
I'm hoping for a head coach.....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: November 4, 2008, 01:30 AM »
I think the Steelers are about to field a team made up of all guys that were moving furniture and/or selling insurance if the injuries keep up...  Leftwich is about all we're gonna have left.   :'(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 9, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Holy Crap!  What a great Sunday night game between the Eagles and the Giants.  Since the Giants have never even gone to the playoffs the season after they win the Superbowl, I'm shocked and amazed at how well they are playing.

Keep it up G-MEN!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2008, 09:44 AM »
The Jets played an awesome game on Sunday. They pretty much did everything well and now the Thursday night game is so much more exciting. Its going to be very tough but it shoul dbe interesting. I am thinking about going up to Foxboro for the game.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"