Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86171 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2008, 04:54 PM »
A great Non-Loss by the Cowboys this weekend.

I wonder if Vegas even took bets that Tennessee would be 9-0.....without Vince Young.....

I want to foward the Stats of the Patriots and Titan's to Cowboys' management with the title "See what happens when you have a back up QB..."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2008, 05:38 PM »
You can send the Bucs stats too - 3-0 this year with Brian Griese.   :D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2008, 02:38 AM »
Good job running up the middle, San Francisco!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2008, 10:54 AM »
You can send the Bucs stats too - 3-0 this year with Brian Griese.   :D

Cripes, you could even add the Vikings to that list.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2008, 01:06 PM »
What an insane game last night. Jets are the better team with all the injuries the Pats have but the Jets were totally out coached in the second half. Mangini had some terrible calls starting with 2 min left in the first half.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Cassel played like Brady last night.  400 yard, 3 TD's, and 60 yards rushing.  No turnovers.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Some great games again yesterday:

Giants: 9-1...team to beat in the NFC?  I'm a huge Giants fan so I may be a bit biased, but historically they don't even make the playoffs after winning the Superbowl so I'm stoked they are doing so well!

Denver vs Atlanta -- good game for the Broncos...not perfect but the San Diego loss puts them well up in the AFC West.  I'll be a bit surprised if they do not make the playoffs.

Steelers vs Chargers -- WTF?  Definitely an exciting game.

Cowboys vs Redskins -- good game and Romo did well after being gone the past few weeks.  It will be interesting on how much his broken pinky is a factor.  I'm glad they won because it widens the Giants' lead in the NFC East. 

Also, is it me or is no one making that big a deal that the Titans are 10-0?  I'm glad because I've always liked Kerry Collins and to see a team he's on succeed is pretty cool.  I just remember last year when the Pats were what everyone's talking about.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:42 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2008, 05:27 PM »

First time that score ever happened in the NFL.  Weird stat there, eh?

I loved them showing SD fans all bundled up in Heinz Field...

Pussies.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Giants: 9-1...team to beat in the NFC?  I'm a huge Giants fan so I may be a bit biased, but historically they don't even make the playoffs after winning the Superbowl so I'm stoked they are doing so well!

No question about it, the Giants are the team to beat.  I think they're better than the Titans too.

Denver vs Atlanta -- good game for the Broncos...not perfect but the San Diego loss puts them well up in the AFC West.  I'll be a bit surprised if they do not make the playoffs.

Atlanta is about due to crash down to earth.  They're better than last year, but they're no playoff team.

Also, is it me or is no one making that big a deal that the Titans are 10-0?  I'm glad because I've always liked Kerry Collins and to see a team he's on succeed is pretty cool.  I just remember last year when the Pats were what everyone's talking about.

I hope they lose a few and soon.  I'm getting beyond sick of watching Javon Kearse parade that stupid chain necklace around every week.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Some great games again yesterday:

Cowboys vs Redskins -- good game and Romo did well after being gone the past few weeks.  It will be interesting on how much his broken pinky is a factor.  I'm glad they won because it widens the Giants' lead in the NFC East. 

You missed the best game from Sunday: Packers 37 - 3 over the Bears after Chicago had won 5 of the last 6.  Pretty nice day for the Green and Gold faithful.  ;D

What do people think about the No Touchdown - Touchdown! - Wait, not a Touchdown call at the end of the Steelers game?  I heard ont he radio today that the NFL now admits it should have been a TD, but they won't score it that way.  Apparently that call decided over $100 million in legal sports bets, since that was the difference between the Steelers making or not making the spread.  I lost a fantasy game because of it, but oh well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:17 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2008, 12:25 AM »
But isn't the play blown dead the second an illegal forward pass is thrown?  If so, no touchdown.  I had not heard anything more about it...still one hell of a crazy game.

The Bears/Packers game was good too...still wondering if the Packers will make it to the playoffs or not.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2008, 09:22 AM »
after Chicago had won 5 of the last 6. 

Four of their last six before the GB game.  They lost to Atlanta and Tennessee.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2008, 09:27 AM »

The Bears/Packers game was good too...still wondering if the Packers will make it to the playoffs or not.

In that division, I'd put my money on the Packers. 

On a different note, I think the Titans have a very good chance of running the table this year with regards to going undefeated. 

Wouldn't it be bizarre if the Giants ruined another team's bid for a perfect season; two years in a row?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2008, 04:26 PM »
It would be pretty awesome.  The only shame would be that Kerry Collins would again be denied a ring (he took the Giants to the Superbowl only to lose to the Ravens).  I'd feel much worse for the Titans than I did for the Pats....they were all such dicks last year.

Honestly, I'm glad they lost that game to the Browns....trying to go for a perfect season is too much pressure.  The only prize should be winning the Superbowl.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2008, 04:47 PM »
But isn't the play blown dead the second an illegal forward pass is thrown?  If so, no touchdown.  I had not heard anything more about it...still one hell of a crazy game.

Actually there was no forward pass at all, that's what the debate was about.  The refs claimed there was forward movement on the ball but it went to the side and back a little actually, so Polamalu's running it in should've been "official" on the boards.

I'm no gambler and the Steelers still won (and it was a pretty poorly officiated game overall) so I don't really care that it flubbed up some guy's bets.  Basically you have to take into account poor officiating when you're gonna gamble I figure.  I mean there was some calls that I really think prevented the Steelers from putting more points on the board earlier, so the one at the end is just another "oops, we goofed" from the zebras.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77