Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86469 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #225 on: December 7, 2008, 05:06 PM »
You had to run your mouth about the Giants, and today they blew it!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 7, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Don't look now but the winner of the MNF game tomorrow night will only be one back of the Giants for home field.   :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #227 on: December 7, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Well reality set back in and the true feelings of the Jet fan are in full force. After these last 2 weeks i can't even imagine how the Jets get into the playoffs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 7, 2008, 07:20 PM »
Sucks to see the Vikings advance after such an awulf showing.  I hope the Bears can catch them and take the division at this point.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #229 on: December 7, 2008, 07:24 PM »
You had to run your mouth about the Giants, and today they blew it!
Oddly, I'm kinda glad they lost today.  Like the Monday night loss to Cleveland, this will humble them a little bit and they'll pull it back together.

As much as I want them to beat the Eagles, I'd rather they lose now than in the playoffs or Superbowl.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 7, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Oddly, I'm kinda glad they lost today.  Like the Monday night loss to Cleveland, this will humble them a little bit and they'll pull it back together.

There are no good losses when you're trying to lock up home field and there are 4 games left in the season.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #231 on: December 7, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Sucks to see the Vikings advance after such an awulf showing.  I hope the Bears can catch them and take the division at this point.   :P
what was so awful with that?  The Vikes pretty much dominated the 2nd half and are looking like a surefire playoff team.  Stop the run and run the ball  = playoff success

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 7, 2008, 11:05 PM »
what was so awful with that?  The Vikes pretty much dominated the 2nd half and are looking like a surefire playoff team.  Stop the run and run the ball  = playoff success

Yeah, "dominating" with nothing but the run on a winless team in what may be the worst division in the NFL.  A 20-16 victory over the hapless Lions is not very convincing IMO.  If the Refs hadn't arbitrarily reversed that Calvin Johnson catch in the 4th quarter, the vikes would have been fighting for a tie at best and could easily have been the first team to lose to the silver and baby blue.  I give them no chance to advance in the playoffs, especially if the Williams Wall is on suspension.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #233 on: December 8, 2008, 12:13 AM »
At least they have a chance at the playoffs unlike Favre & the Packers...oh wait...they got rid of him.  Weren't they like 14-2 last year???

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 8, 2008, 09:55 AM »

You're missing part of your equation.

What's the word on Ferotte and Allen?

Because that team is still going no where with Jackson at QB - even if he was able to lead a drive to beat the stellar Lions.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: December 8, 2008, 10:01 AM »

Because that team is still going no where with Jackson at QB - even if he was able to lead a drive to beat the stellar Lions.
No word yet...and I think Gus is totally overrated.  While Jackson sucked balls early in the year, I think he would have done just as good this year as Gus would have

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 8, 2008, 11:10 AM »
At least they have a chance at the playoffs unlike Favre & the Packers...oh wait...they got rid of him.  Weren't they like 14-2 last year???

I would equate no chance with no chance if you want to compare Packers and Vikings this year.  The purple will just whip their ten remaining fans into a heated fervor for nothing, just like they always do.  Players from both teams will be sitting out the playoffs talking about their past superbowl victories...oh wait, I guess just the Packers will be doing that.

It's pretty funny to hear squabble about whether your chances are better with Jackson or Fur-Rot.  We may have traded Favre, but I'd take A-Rod over either of those guys every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If you truly have any faith in your team, why don't you go double or nothing with me on them even reaching the SuperBowl?  I'm from Wisconsin, so I won't have any trouble downing a second brew if you ever get back up to the cities.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #237 on: December 8, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Go Steelers!  Well, go Steelers D, since they won the game last night and our offense did diddly squat...  Hell even Reed missed a field goal, but we still love the freak.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 8, 2008, 01:04 PM »

No word yet...and I think Gus is totally overrated.  While Jackson sucked balls early in the year, I think he would have done just as good this year as Gus would have

Jackson wasn't solely to blame though.  The Colts game I was at there were 3-4 dropped balls that should easily have been caught.  Berrian wasn't playing (IIRC) so he didn't have a full complement of receivers either. 

But yeah, I'd take Rodgers over either of them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #239 on: December 8, 2008, 02:41 PM »
There are no good losses when you're trying to lock up home field and there are 4 games left in the season.

I'm not entirely sure it's in the best interest of the Giants to have homefield throughout.  Look at their road record last year!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.