Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 86162 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2008, 03:51 PM »
We need a Bears win and a Vikings loss this weekend. . .

What a beautiful game last night.  Kudos to the Pack for giving us a good game while still hurting the Vikes playoff chances and getting the Packers a better draft pick next year.  I love it!

Yeah you go ahead and love it. Have a good January and February planning for the draft. Hopefully us Vikings fans will be watching playoff football. Keep us updated on what the Pack's draft board looks like this winter.  ;) (I'm sure the Vikes will choke AGAIN and we'll be doing the same)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2008, 04:04 PM »

What a beautiful game last night.  Kudos to the Pack for giving us a good game while still hurting the Vikes playoff chances and getting the Packers a better draft pick next year.  I love it!
I've never seen someone call a game beatiful when their team loses...and GB better hope they can draft 7 players with their 1st round pick, that is how bad they are

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2008, 06:08 PM »

I've never seen someone call a game beatiful when their team loses...and GB better hope they can draft 7 players with their 1st round pick, that is how bad they are

Hey, why not lose if you've nothing left to play for?  If the Pack wins, it helps the Vikes and hurts the Bears.  If they lose, just the opposite.  At least make it a good close game.  And if the end result helps the draft, so be it. 

As for how bad they are, that's pretty funny coming from a Queens fan.  It's still a young team in a rebuilding year and they have some guys that need to get healthy on defense, but that offense can keep up with anyone.  I'd say the Vikes have a lot more question marks given they're no lock to make the playoffs, the QBs are fighting over who get's to sit out, and now Peterson can't even hold onto the rock. 

Even if they make the playoffs, you know they're going no where.  If you want to go double or nothing on that beer you owe me come playoff time, just let me know.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2008, 10:02 PM »

And that scares me.  I'm rooting for a team (albeit to help out my own team) that scored a lousy field goal against Seattle with a QB that's been known to choke it up in the biggest games.  Fantastic.

Near the end I thought you were talking about Romo and Cowboys...

I'll accept a Cowboys loss next week if it means Wade, Garrett, Romo, Owens, Barber, Roy Williams(the safety) and 4 or 5 other players will be fired, released etc.

I think Kevin (Famine) said it best during last week's Cowboys/NYG game when he asked me if Wade did anything besides "stand there taking up space and having no purpose".

Also, I could live without T.O. but we NEED Romo. Do you want Brad Johnson starting every game? :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2008, 01:35 AM »
I still can't get this straight...you would rather have the Pack's most bitter rival (the Bears) get in to the playoffs by losing to them to spite the local Vikings fans?  Is that it?  That is messed up...but par for the course for a Packers fan. 

As far as what the Vikings need...they need two things...a head coach and a QB, outside of that I'd take everything on the Vikings over the Packers right now and going in to next year
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:40 AM by Scott »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2008, 07:57 AM »
I still can't get this straight...you would rather have the Pack's most bitter rival (the Bears) get in to the playoffs by losing to them to spite the local Vikings fans?  Is that it?  That is messed up...but par for the course for a Packers fan. 

As far as what the Vikings need...they need two things...a head coach and a QB, outside of that I'd take everything on the Vikings over the Packers right now and going in to next year

I don't know. I'd rather have Miami win on Sunday to prevent the Pats getting into the playoffs. But us Jets fans are bitter depressed people so that may explain it.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Damn that Gants/Carolina game was amazing!  I heard the first half on WFAN in the rental car on thedrive from LaGuardia to my parents house (cussing most the way) and came out of my seat several times in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Although I'm a Giants fan through and through, I lived in NC when the Panthers started up and generally root for them.  I have a feeling that the Panthers might be going back to the Meadowlands this year.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2008, 10:15 AM »

Scott, I live in Minnesota.  I would much rather see the Bears make it in than the Queens.  That's a given for any Packer fan living here.  If I lived in Chicago, I'm sure I'd feel the opposite.  You're once again missing the point that there's no real victory either way for the Pack, so why not get a better draft pick? 

If you ever want to bet on a Packers/Vikings game, I'll take the Pack any day and twice on Sunday.  I can't believe you're minimizing the need at head coach and QB - all you're missing are the two most important people on any given team.  ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Super Bowls have been won by Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson etc etc.  I disagree on that, running the ball and a stellar defense win championships, both of which the Vikings have. The head coach though is an idiot and I've thought that of both guys since they got rid of Denny Green.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Go Vikes!!!!!

Even though I'm a Viking fan I've also liked the Pack in the past. But after all the Queen talk I think I will cheer against them (and I hope I don't lose my ability to find Power Ranger toys where SW toys will fit behind-inside joke)  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Super Bowls have been won by Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson etc etc.  I disagree on that, running the ball and a stellar defense win championships, both of which the Vikings have. The head coach though is an idiot and I've thought that of both guys since they got rid of Denny Green.

Okay, not sure where you're going with this.  Both those quarterbacks are better than T-Jack or Ferotte.  I didn't say you had to have Brett Favre or Tony Romo to win, but you do have to have a good quarterback who can manage a game and that includes both of the above.  In addition, both of those guys' coaches were light years ahead of Childress.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2008, 02:25 PM »
If the Vikings need a coach maybe you guys will get Cowher?  He's still being floated around out there...  I'd really like, if he is going to come otu of retirement at all, to NOT go to Cleveland.  NOt that he could fix that cluster****, but I'd sooner see him go outside the division.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28 PM »
If the Vikings need a coach maybe you guys will get Cowher? 

Are you saying that because you feel bad about stealing the guy that should have been our head coach?   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2008, 02:33 PM »
I didn't realize he was supposed to be, sorry.  Hey, Arizona got our supposed next head coach, and he ate a bit dookie sandwich in New England...  Sometimes good stuff happens.

But yeah, I'm not gonna apologize for Tomlin because, well, we're lovin' the guy right now.  And I stand by my earlier statements that I find Moore to be a superior back (at least with the Steelers) to Willie Parker.  Parker's flaws are being brought out by our weak o-line, and it's a sad thing to see.  ****** o-lines require stronger, more powerful backs, and Moore's got a little bit of that above Parker, plus he's got hands so he's a double-threat.  God I wish they'd give him the ball more.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2008, 11:26 PM »

Okay, not sure where you're going with this.  Both those quarterbacks are better than T-Jack or Ferotte.  I didn't say you had to have Brett Favre or Tony Romo to win, but you do have to have a good quarterback who can manage a game and that includes both of the above.  In addition, both of those guys' coaches were light years ahead of Childress.

You said Tony Romo and win...you obviously weren't talking about games that are played past Thanksgiving...and certainly not playoff games.

Diddly.. Being rid of Romo next season doesn't mean we have to keep Johnson too... I am tired of our "Poor Man's Favre" we have taking snaps (then fumbling in the endzone or throwing INT's).   Romo doesn't try because he knows that even with a broken pinkie he is still the starter because we have Johnson backing him up, no fear of Job loss.   The Dallas Media/The Ticket need to stop calling him a "Jedi" he is JarJar Binks at best..