Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 85987 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #330 on: January 5, 2009, 05:57 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 5, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Kurt Warner draws God (or Jesus).

That's just weird.  Why does that even exist?  It's weird enough to happen, let alone for it to have been videotaped.  I thought for sure the picture would look more like Brett Favre.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 6, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Kurt Warner draws God (or Jesus).

That's just weird.  Why does that even exist?  It's weird enough to happen, let alone for it to have been videotaped.  I thought for sure the picture would look more like Brett Favre.

I'm assuming it exists because if you can get a "celebrity" to praise Jesus more people are going to listen than if you or I do. The drawing was odd, but if it works, then good.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #333 on: January 6, 2009, 08:12 PM »
The three hours he spent shading Jesus' upper lip were mercifully edited out of the clip shown.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 8, 2009, 08:56 AM »
Dallas Cowboys released Adam Pacman Jones...  1 down, 50 more to go.

Now if I can just frame Wade and Tony No-Mo for giving TO a "Nancy Kerrigan" that will be 3 more out of the way.

Addition by Subtraction.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 10, 2009, 10:46 AM »

Now if I can just frame Wade and Tony No-Mo for giving TO a "Nancy Kerrigan" that will be 3 more out of the way.

Addition by Subtraction.

You can send Terrell Owens over to the Giants, we'll take him right now.  I'd give him 3 years $25 million in a heartbeat.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 10, 2009, 02:48 PM »
On a different team where they'd cater to him for a year or two, I'd take him as well.  No question of his talent, but sometime during the two year mark, things seem to start to break down.  When his ability starts to fail with age, it will be ugly.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #337 on: January 10, 2009, 03:09 PM »

Addition by Subtraction.

You can send Terrell Owens over to the Giants, we'll take him right now.  I'd give him 3 years $25 million in a heartbeat.

As a Giants fan....I never want to see TO in a Giants uniform.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 10, 2009, 03:58 PM »

Enjoy your future losing seasons.  Who is Eli going to throw to next year?  I don't see Hixon and Toomer leading the team to another Super Bowl.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #339 on: January 10, 2009, 04:43 PM »
I think receivers will be available in the FA market and they'll go shopping...  I agree with Matt, from another perspective though, that I wouldn't want TO on my team...  Synergy is everything it's cracked up to be, and a guy tearing a team apart in the locker room, on the field, or on the sidelines, is a plague that'll eat up the best of teams.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #340 on: January 10, 2009, 05:09 PM »

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #341 on: January 10, 2009, 05:27 PM »

Enjoy your future losing seasons.  Who is Eli going to throw to next year?  I don't see Hixon and Toomer leading the team to another Super Bowl.

There's also Boss and who know what rookies they'll get in the draft, not to mention Tyree will be back next year.  The Giants do not need TO.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:28 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 10, 2009, 08:26 PM »
As a Cowboy fan I don't want to see him in a Giant Uniform either.  He is productive on the field and has been Very low-key (for him at least) up until this season.  Until earlier this season he was no more a knucklehead than MOST #1 receivers.  But like somebody said...at about the 2 year mark he HAS to try to burn the building down.  I think he might just need a Hug or something. 

He needs to go to the AFC...they need some drama.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 10, 2009, 09:03 PM »
There's also Boss and who know what rookies they'll get in the draft, not to mention Tyree will be back next year.  The Giants do not need TO.

Boss, Tyree, Hixon, S. Smith, and Toomer...yikes.  I don't know of too many rookies who make an impact in their first year either. 

Good luck my friend - I hope you have a great defense and ground game.

I think receivers will be available in the FA market and they'll go shopping...  I agree with Matt, from another perspective though, that I wouldn't want TO on my team...  Synergy is everything it's cracked up to be, and a guy tearing a team apart in the locker room, on the field, or on the sidelines, is a plague that'll eat up the best of teams.

You act like he's the only player that ever disagrees with his teammates.  I'm sure there are plenty of disagreements and bad feelings on every team, but Owens is the one we constantly hear about in the media.  Would you rather have Steve Smith?  How many teammates has he sent to the hospital?  How about Vincent Jackson or one of a dozen other guys who will get busted drunk driving or using drugs? 

I'd take Owens on the Packers in a heartbeat.  The guy has a mouth, but at least he backs it up with his playing.  Most of the superstars at each position are big talkers - I guess I'd rather have that than someone with a big mouth who doesn't perform.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 10, 2009, 09:13 PM »
I'm surprised how many "experts" picked Atlanta to win today. They were only 4-4 on the road this year, and regardless of how good Matt Ryan was all season, he's still a rookie QB in the playoffs. Arizona isn't any good, but they play well at home and their crowd was really fired up. That's always a bonus.

Just an FYI - that team that isn't any good is looking like they may make it to the final four...  :-X