Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2008  (Read 85985 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: NFL Regular Season 2008
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2009, 11:45 PM »
I was hoping they had a behind the scenes deal with him.  Oh well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2009, 06:24 PM »
For those of you that are fans of the Arizona Cardinals, you can thank me later.  Apparently, my comment that the team wasn't "any good" got them fired up.
 ;)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2009, 07:05 PM »
What a game!  I saw the first half at work and thought Arizona was going to run away with it.  I got home and Philly regained the lead by 5 minutes into the 4th quarter!

Very exciting!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Pittsburgh vs Arizona (who had that in the preseason?)

Should be a good game...I really won't care who wins but I'd prefer Pitt I guess

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I'm going for Arizona, just 'cause they haven't been there before.  (Sorry, JJ.)

But I wouldn't care too much if the Steelers win again.  Polamalu's a badass.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Someone had to win that division, I guess.  They were 1-4 against the other playoff teams they played against this year, scored one more point than they gave up all season, and of their 9 wins, only 2 came against teams with winning records.  Yeah, they made the playoffs.  They still stink.  What are they going to do if they have to go into Philadelphia or New York and play in the cold weather?  Lose 47-7 again like they did against the Patriots?
It was nice to see them make the playoffs and host a game for the first time in over 60 years, but I don't see them coming out of the NFC.

Okay, please name another team that has swept their entire division in recent years and I think you'll find the cards in small, but good company.  My team of choice is in the pathetic NFC North and even there it's pretty difficult for any team to dominate the other three.  The Cards beat Miami (another playoff team) and only lost to the Panthers by 4.  As for the New England game, you are aware that they were coming off a major loss and had absolutely nothing to play for in that game, right? 

Philly has had some nice games, but only scored 7 against Baltimore and 3 against the Skins.  The Giants have been awful without Burress, losing games to Dallas, Philly, and the Vikes over the last month.  I don't see either team as being all that scary for the Cardinals.  I guess we'll see what happens next week - I just don't see how you can consider one of the final 8 teams to be "not good." 

Not to say I told you so, but I told you so. 

GO CARDINALS!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Well, Eagles just didn't do it. Oh well. I like both teams, more Pitt than the Cards, but Warner graduated from my alma mater...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #382 on: January 19, 2009, 02:09 AM »
You're damn right he's a badass...  Polamalu was playing not 100% as well but had a great game.

The Steelers were fantastic, and only in the 2nd half did they sorta lose a little control of the game, but regained it with phenomenal D.  I think that was one of the better games I've seen in a while, though the Philly/Arizona game wasn't bad either.

A couple people were predicting blowouts of the Ravens, and I knew better than that.  It was a real defensive battle all game long.  Smash-mouth football, and just brutal fun to watch.  2 weeks to rest up and the Steelers make a run for the 6-pack.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Well, Eagles just didn't do it. Oh well. I like both teams, more Pitt than the Cards, but Warner graduated from my alma mater...

Small world.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 19, 2009, 01:15 PM »

Small world.

Orignally from W'loo... your neck of the woods  ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2009, 01:27 PM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2009, 02:34 PM »
The three hours he spent shading Jesus' upper lip were mercifully edited out of the clip shown.

Bump in honor of the previous bump.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2009, 02:31 AM »
Kurt Warner draws God (or Jesus).

Bump in honor of the Cardinals win.

Awesome stuff... been a Warner fan since his Rams days, and have been hoping that someday he's get a chance to shine again.  Can't believe what a ride it's been in his career, coming out of nowhere to be a 2-time MVP and Superbowl champion, to injuries, riding the bench, being brought in to mentor young QBs, and now back in the Superbowl!  Awesome.  Can't write much of a better Hollywood script for this guy's career, unless of course he wins in Arizona, the laughing stock of the league for decades.

Amazing what good receivers and a good offensive line can do for a guy like this... and adding back in sense of a balanced running game doesn't hurt either.   :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2009, 12:12 PM »
For the record: 

Steelers 27, Cards 24.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some