Author Topic: beru  (Read 3551 times)

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
beru
« on: June 27, 2003, 05:30 PM »
ladies and gentlemen,

i wish to annouce that tomorrow i will be collecting my aunt beru figure that i won on ebay, i have lusted after this figure since i saw it released, yet she has always beenout of my grasp, soon...within  the next few hours she will be mine and i cannot contane my excitment, she is the reason i started collecting almost (in terms of the new wave)help i will not sleep

barfly

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: beru
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 05:44 PM »
Did ya just have a thing for the blue milk?  ***hick!***   :P
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 05:51 PM »
Are you feeling OK Barfly?  You're scaring the hell out of me.   ;)
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Beru!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 06:05 PM »
Guess it took you quite a while, but good score on the ol' Beru figure Neil!  She's one of my favorites from the POTF2 line as well!  Probably 'cause she's one of those characters that was never produced in the vintage line, so the added wait for her made it that much more satisfying when she finally arrived.  As well as the fact that she came with the cool (again never-before-made) Treadwell Droid, along with the trademark Blue Milk!   8)

Great figure, so I'm glad you finally tracked her down!  Now hopefully Hasbro will resculpt her Uncle Owen counterpart, 'cause that one from the Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene 3-pack really sucked!  Give the lady a new (blue) milk man, eh?!   :-*

Jango Fettish

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 08:56 PM »
That entire "Flashback" line for POTF 2 was something great. Kind of like a precursor to the POTJ + Episode 1 lines, cuz although they were mass produced, Ep. 1 did make a few monumental figures,sculpt wise.

Beru's got that cool service droid too.

Offline ezehogan

• Youngling
  • Blast them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 02:34 AM »
I know that feeling well!  I wasn't going to collect any POTJ figures until I saw that they were making R2-Q5.

In the hopes of getting this new droid, I went to store after store, day after day.  Each time, I was coming home with different POTJ figures that weren't the all elusive droid.  The droid got me into POTJ, but I couldn't find him anywhere!

Finally, with the Zutton wave out, I caved and bought Tessek, Lando, Jar Jar, and R2-Q5 on eBay.  The anticipation was great, and when he finally arrived, I rejoiced.

Bravo Barfly.
Mr. Burns:  "Use an open faced club!  A sand wedge!"

Homer:  "Mmmmmm open face club sandwhich...."

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2003, 01:59 PM »
well after some delay she arrived today in excellent condition, and now takes pride of place among my collection, also got wuher(comtech) with her so i am very happy

barfly