Author Topic: CW toon how does effect the established EU between the 2 movies?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
with all the comics, and books and what not that takes place between EP II & III yet there is no mention of Ahsoka whatsoever how does this effect the timeline/story of Anakin?  There's quite a few comics with Obi/Ani run around together is she dead already or what she can't have graduated to knighthood in say a years time.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CW toon how does effect the established EU between the 2 movies?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Maybe she is deep undercover somewhere during order 66 working for a new master?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 05:06 PM »
The CW toon will ultimately **** on any EU it wishes to...  I have no doubts of that.  Look at the Y-Wing re-design afterall since an armored-up design already existed.  I prefer the toon look but there was an existing one in place afterall.

My concerns are more with how the toon is going to jive with the established canon of the films.  Will Anakin ever face Grievous before their meeting on the Invisible Hand?  If he does, that's totally lame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Well, they already **** on Grievous' backstory. A few sources (CN.com, for example) now state that GG put himself in his robotic suit in order to rival the Jedi. No more shuttle crash or Kalee-Huk War. It really brings Grievous down to just a cheesy villain rather than someone played by Palpatine's corruption.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2008, 05:51 PM »
Hell, they're kinda ******** on Cannon as well.  This week they've already referred to Anakin as Master Skywalker.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Hell, they're kinda ******** on Cannon as well.  This week they've already referred to Anakin as Master Skywalker.   ::)

Eh. It is more out of respect since he has a padawan. Kenobi was often addressed as Master Kenobi in AOTC but I think he was technically supposed to be just a Knight.
"This is the way."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Well, they already **** on Grievous' backstory. A few sources (CN.com, for example) now state that GG put himself in his robotic suit in order to rival the Jedi. No more shuttle crash or Kalee-Huk War. It really brings Grievous down to just a cheesy villain rather than someone played by Palpatine's corruption.

Lame.

Will Anakin ever face Grievous before their meeting on the Invisible Hand?  If he does, that's totally lame.

Uber-lame.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2008, 01:49 AM »
Hell, they're kinda ******** on Cannon as well.  This week they've already referred to Anakin as Master Skywalker.   ::)

Eh. It is more out of respect since he has a padawan. Kenobi was often addressed as Master Kenobi in AOTC but I think he was technically supposed to be just a Knight.

This was how I took this as well...  He's a Master to his Padawan...  But is he a "Master" on the council?  Nah, and he's not really a Master to Kenobi, Yoda, etc.  If anything, he's being tested as much as Ahsoka is, which they play up in the conversations away from Anakin and things.  I think that's just semantics too...  He's being pushed to "mature" a bit by being given Ahsoka...  Maybe he wasn't progressing as they'd hoped after AOTC?

Remember he went in, he fought with Obi-Wan  seemingly non-stop, he lost his arm due to his dumbass behavior, and now the war's on and nobody can be left babysitting someone you can't trust, so it seems like they're trying almost a "remedial Jedi class" with him by forcing a trainee on him, trying to make him "grow up" by giving him someone to be responsible for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77