Author Topic: In what thing could IG88 spend his money?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
In what thing could IG88 spend his money?
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Star Wars Universe has all kind of bounty hunters, inclusive droids. Ig88 are a family of droids built for assassination, the most famous is ig88 B (The droid from esb). Ever I have wondered what use of money could make a droid? Well, Ig 88 has a space ship, he spends money in weapons, grenades, batteries, he could listen to music and buy cds or so on. But he can´t spend money on food and drinks, he is a machine.

If a droid is an art collector he could buy statues, vases, maquettes, books, holocrons, etc.

But why these droids need money? What is the ultimate use of monet for them?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: In what thing could IG88 spend his money?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:24 PM »
If you read the Legacy books you'll find that Boba Fett didn't spend his money on anything either.  Being one of the wealthiest people in the galaxy is just a goal or a target in itself I guess.  Certainly he could buy spare parts and weapons and a better ship, etc.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:22 AM »
Droids, depending on their sophistication anyway, seemed to derive pleasure (and sorrow) from various things.  The oil bath 3PO receives for instance, and R2's obvious emotions...  I think IG-88, being on his own and all, is probably quite sophisticated as well, and probably has developed enjoyment for a variety of things...  Maybe he collects action figures?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:38 AM »
Thanks for both answers guys. IG 88 can think of wealthy as a goal, because his droid condition make him a proficient accounter of money. His programming must include aesthetics values for collecting arts items. He must have a huge database of art styles and craft from various planets of the galaxy.

As a bounty hunter, he knows the movement of speculation, trading, the activity of robbing art pieces by gangs and so on.

Droids´ wealthy must be investigated and worked as a theme for expanded universe fiction.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:31 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:03 PM »
I hear he is saving up to buy the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours