Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52745 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2009, 10:03 PM »
I will get the Endor BP, because I don't have an gilder.  That Luke looks like the 30AC Jabba Luke with the Endor Poncho but still I would have prefer VOTC Chewie w/ his At-St hyjackers ewoks and or a catapult.

I don't know about the others, I would love to have the back drops.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2009, 11:01 AM »

Ewok Set - It looks like a 100% repack/Kit bash stuff so unless there is something really exclusive - I will pass.

Grub - PASS

Gunship - PASS

Commando Battle Droids - Only because of my Droid collection will I get it for the different looking Commando's.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2009, 12:30 PM »
I like all the sets just fine, but $26.00 after tax is way too much for ANY of them.  Seriously, the Grub and one figures?  $26.00? 

Three figures and a repacked glider for $26?  Two figures and a deluxe accessory?

This is absurd.    These are $20.00 sets.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I don't even think the Grub/Trooper set is $20. More like $15. So the $26 is way too high.

The clone pilot set barely amounts to more than $15.

The Endor set maybe $20.

The Clone and Battle droid set is a solid $20 set. But $26?

Way to rape us Hasbro. SHAME on you for being so greedy.

Eventually I'll get all of these sets, but I'll look to get two of them on clearance. It's the only way we can change them folks. Vote with your dollars!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Currently, my Target has BPs priced at $21 or $22, so I'm down with these. If the price goes up any more in my area the value will be in doubt.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Currently, my Target has BPs priced at $21 or $22, so I'm down with these. If the price goes up any more in my area the value will be in doubt.

Have you had the Yavin one hit yet?  Because every Target in this area upped their price to $23.99 the minute those went on the shelves.  I managed to get my first one for $21.99 but they've fixed the price.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13 PM »
I got Jabba for $22, but they didn't have the Yavin set. Though they're in the same wave, correct? I'm sure I'll post a bitchy complaint when they up the price, so you'll know when they do I suppose.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2009, 06:32 PM »

Have you had the Yavin one hit yet?  Because every Target in this area upped their price to $23.99 the minute those went on the shelves.  I managed to get my first one for $21.99 but they've fixed the price.

Good catch! Their tags says $21.99 but the price rang $23.99. I saved $6 by showing the manager what is was advertised on shelf. By law they have to honor it. what's sad is $6 cannot even buy a basic figures but it bought my Jaamba Juice!

I am down with all of the movie sets but the value of a Battlepack is long gone, I think we will never see the Illum BP value ever again. ****, even the Jedi.Palps pack is better value than these.

I agree, the Gelagrub is an overpriced deluxe figure, they could have stuffed an Aayla in there at least to make it similiar to the Yavin set in value. I already swapped my TAC Luke with the Saga2 Endor Gear like the one in the Battlepack but I am happy we are getting the other Imperial officer that got whacked in the first round of cuts for Battlepacks. I always welcome the Ewoks, I hope it has a new head at least.

The Gunship BP is gonna suck big hairy Bantha Balls. Outfitting my Gunship fleet is gonna Suck but maybe selling all of the leftover pilots will make up some loot......

Strangely enough the Yavin pack seems worth the money, everything in it was great 3 figures and a meaty mini rig seems ok to me.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2009, 07:01 PM »

The Gunship BP is gonna suck big hairy Bantha Balls. Outfitting my Gunship fleet is gonna Suck but maybe selling all of the leftover pilots will make up some loot......

My Jabba BP was actually less... $21.59. Hopefully my local store keeps those prices.

I'll pick up four Gunship sets and a few Gelagrubs, but not happily. They're cool in my opinion, but not great values. Gelagrub could've used another figure.  I was surprised that it only had one.  The Commando set looks great, I'll pick up 4-8. Great for building up Droid and Clone forces. I cannot complain about value for that one, as picking up three individual Commando Droids will also cost $24. I might get Endor. I didn't get the first set, but I kinda want to.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22 PM »
I actually like the Jabba & Yavin sets, but this is most likely the last time I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money for these outside of the Gunship BP that we're also getting raped on.  I have multiple Gunships, and I'm not looking forward to paying a small fortune to outfit them.  Come on Hasbro - at least put 2 pods in there and 1 pilot.  You were thinking about 2 pods and 2 pilots at one time at this price point.  asses.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01 AM »
The more I think about the grub, the more bothered I am by it. It's very very nice and something I've wanted for a long time, but still....damn. It's a grub and a clone for $25. This really should be a $10 deluxe figure. Heck, I could've seen them doing it in the basic figure line back in the TAC value days where figures came with moisture vaporators, kybucks, and torture racks. Those days are now long gone, unfortunately. But still, like many others have said, they could have at least thrown in another clone or even the crappy ROTS Aayla just to make it a better value. It's like if they had made the Scramble on Yavin BP JUST the sled and the hangar tech. People probably still would've bought it, albeit very begrudgingly. Anyways, I guess I'll just wrap up my rant by echoing the general sentiment that the days of getting value in the Battle Packs are long gone. And sadly, as long as Hasbro keeps putting out such cool stuff like the grub and the turrets (although even I'm not enough of a sucker to bite on the turret set), people will keep buying the ridiculously overpriced battle packs. One can only wonder how long Hasbro can keep this up, though. And how far they'll go before it comes back to bite them in the butt.    EDIT: (and how they'll find a way to blame collectors when it does) . :-\
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:02 AM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Yeah, it will be interesting to see what the future of battle packs will hold.  At a time it was more aimed towards kids and was a good place to find a "value pack" of 5 figures for $20.  Lately we've been seeing some cooler, larger pieces included in the packs and even some new (or new-ish) figures.  From what I understand from past Q and A's, these "larger" boxed packs will be going away next fall (I think Hasbro specifically said to buy those turrets while you can), in favor of the older, slim-boxed packs - essentially bringing the end to the mini-rig like pieces like the Yavin cart.  If that is where they are going, they definitely better add in some more figures again to increase the value.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 1, 2009, 12:23 AM »
I can't imagine the great reception and subsequent sales of the Yavin pack will have Hasbro abandon the mini vehicles.  Anton alone is supporting this pack  :P.  How great would it be to get an Echo Base cart and a couple troopers!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 1, 2009, 11:20 AM »
I think itd be awesome for Hasbro to expand on this cart idea, whether that means a running change in two months to have a different droid/pilot combo, or an imperial version, or a Hoth or Home One version, though I think some have pointed out those sleds are a bit different.  IIRC wasn't this asked during an Ask Hasbro session in the last few months and they indicated, at the time, that it wasn't something they planned on doing?  I can't recall a set getting such a warm response from collectors, so maybe that'll help them reconsider.
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 2, 2009, 04:42 PM »
I like all the sets just fine, but $26.00 after tax is way too much for ANY of them.  Seriously, the Grub and one figures?  $26.00? 

Three figures and a repacked glider for $26?  Two figures and a deluxe accessory?

This is absurd.    These are $20.00 sets.

I think the $26 price point for battle packs is only at select stores.  It definitely surprised me when I bought the Jabba pack this past week.  But on the same toy run I was able to find the Yavin battle pack at another Target store and the price was lower.  It's strange, but not unheard of.  The $26 pack I got was in a nicer neighborhood, while the cheaper set was in a more urban area.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback